Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 8/15/2004 4:22:25 AM EDT
The next Tactical Rifle Match will be held at the Carolina Star www.carolinastar.com on September 4.  Registration for the match will begin at 0830, safety briefing at 0900, and shooting to begin immediately thereafter.  The fee for the match will be $17.  The match will consist of three COF's with a minimum round count of seventy.  Our standard "one gun/one optic" is in effect as well as the prohibition of any steel core or AP ammunition.

The first COF will be our standard speed run warm up.  This time it will be an all steel "flying W"; nine steel plates scored up or down.

The second COF will be a barricade stage.  You will advance forward through the barricade positions engaging targets "on the move" between three barricades and engaging steel plate arrays from static positions.

The third COF will be our own little version of the SHOOT HOUSE.  As always, it will be a target rich environment, but you're likely to see a lot of "friendly faces" this time around.

As always, guns and gear will be available for those who need them, we just ask that you supply your own ammunition; new, commercial .223 please.

Questions, comments, or concerns - [email protected]

Hope to see you there!

Link Posted: 8/15/2004 1:25:54 PM EDT
[#1]
now n00b friendly is this event? is there a novie class, or a relay of just new shooters?
Link Posted: 8/15/2004 2:06:10 PM EDT
[#2]
I have enjoyed going to them. Everyone shoots against whoever shows. Usually 10 to 15 people. All type of rifles from 223, 9mm, and 308 get used so it is really not about competition. More just of a fun shoot for most of us. . Is is good practice though and I hope they are able to keep putting them on in the future.
Link Posted: 8/15/2004 8:40:53 PM EDT
[#3]
You may want to hold a WATER SAFETY  course for the guys in Atlanta, if you want them to come. I heard that they didn't know how to swim, and you know that there's a big river between them and the match!!
Link Posted: 8/15/2004 8:59:05 PM EDT
[#4]
Cool I hope I can make this one since I spent that nice day that wasnt too hot sitting at work instead of shooting last time.
Link Posted: 8/16/2004 3:54:19 AM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
now n00b friendly is this event? is there a novie class, or a relay of just new shooters?

Our matches are a lot of fun, even for those that might be new to competitve shooting.  Take your time, make your hits, and you'll be just fine.
Link Posted: 8/17/2004 6:59:38 PM EDT
[#6]
I went to the last one for the first time, and like he said it is fun and relaxed.  People there are very encouraging and willing to help in any way.  I'll be at the next one.  Can't wait!
Link Posted: 8/18/2004 6:30:04 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
You may want to hold a WATER SAFETY  course for the guys in Atlanta, if you want them to come. I heard that they didn't know how to swim, and you know that there's a big river between them and the match!!

Stop it man, you're killing me!
Link Posted: 8/18/2004 8:22:04 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

Honestly,  What yuns call a "river" is actually a crick.  If you want a RIVER,  Try the Ohio river.  

If you can't put a coal barge on it. Its NOT a river.  

Nuf said.

Buzz.
Link Posted: 8/18/2004 9:03:51 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Honestly,  What yuns call a "river" is actually a crick.  If you want a RIVER,  Try the Ohio river.  

Nuf said.

Buzz.

Its not the river that stops me, Im just scared to go in SC, mainly North Augusta.

I got to decide what gun to take now...
Link Posted: 8/19/2004 8:54:29 AM EDT
[#10]
River, "Crick", Stream whatever you wish to call it! Just MAN UP, cross it, and come shoot with us!  As far as a coal barge floating down it well.......However I 've heard of a few cars and bodies floating down it!! I guess it's kinda like the "Hudson River" then.

All kidding aside you guys really need to try and make one of these matches.

Be Safe!!
Link Posted: 8/19/2004 2:47:17 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Nuf said.

Buzz.

Its not the river that stops me, Im just scared to go in SC, mainly North Augusta.

I got to decide what gun to take now...

Hmm. DAEWOO.
Link Posted: 8/19/2004 8:04:10 PM EDT
[#12]
Ok Buzzstrike if you come I'll let you shoot the Daewoo,  I dont have an approved form 20, so I cant go across the river but after the shoot we can go to another range and I'll let you fire the Uzi too, I been wanting to try thr 45 conversion anyway.
Link Posted: 8/23/2004 5:51:58 AM EDT
[#13]
Get your gear together and come on down guys. Ya'll have seen the photos and heard the stories, so..... Can anyone say "ROADTRIP"!!!    
Link Posted: 8/25/2004 9:40:11 AM EDT
[#14]
if its not drill weekend im coming. howabout a primer on the course of fire, weapons we need, and how much ammo.
Link Posted: 8/26/2004 11:51:38 AM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:
if its not drill weekend im coming. howabout a primer on the course of fire, weapons we need, and how much ammo.

The basic COF is laid out at the beginning of this thread.  The advice that I give everyone, is to "take your time and make your hits"; as an old sage used to tell me "You Can't Miss Fast Enough To Win".

You can shoot the match with any semi-automatic, magazine fed rifle.....an AR works just fine.
You'll also need at least three magazines, and a hundred rounds of ammunition.  Most of our matches are of the CQB variety with targets from contact - 50 yards.

If you want to get a jump on things, practice mag changes and snap shooting.  Almost all COF's are started from "low ready", so the ability to bring your rifle up into position for a fast accurate shot will save you some time.  The ability to quickly transition between "multiple"targets will also be a plus.
Link Posted: 8/26/2004 3:42:08 PM EDT
[#16]

. The advice that I give everyone, is to "take your time and make your hits"; as an old sage used to tell me "You Can't Miss Fast Enough To Win".

I shoot very slow. Last time I had no points taken off for misses but came in close to last. (AS always).
I think they told me that shoot slow and make hits too.

Edited to add VERY.
Link Posted: 8/29/2004 2:55:40 PM EDT
[#17]
I'm gettin psyched for next weekend.  The last shoot was a blast.  I had a GREEN MONSTER with non sighted in irons, and still had fun.  I'm planning on winning the ugliest, yet still utlitarian AR award, and snuck an Eotech under the wifes financial radar, so hopefully, I'll be more prepared.  See everyone there!  
Link Posted: 8/30/2004 5:07:20 PM EDT
[#18]
im pretty psyched too. this is my first time in a non-military competitive environment and im really looking forward to it.
Link Posted: 9/2/2004 10:16:53 AM EDT
[#19]
hey,
 are you guys watching the weahter?  im planning on coming to the shoot but im not too anxious to drive towards a hurricane then get myself mixed up in evacuation traffic comeing home. you guys have a rain date???

how much does the shoot cost BTW?
Link Posted: 9/2/2004 2:46:38 PM EDT
[#20]
Where are you driving from? So far and it is early there is no increase in traffic in town or on I 20 . I just rode over it a few minutes ago. Russell and Ed would have to set a rain date, they put these on (THANKS GUYS) as their work schedule permits.  It would be worth the drive.
Link Posted: 9/2/2004 4:38:25 PM EDT
[#21]
im planning on going but id be taking 20 from atlanta and if the storm turns north id be driving home with the refugees
Link Posted: 9/2/2004 7:33:21 PM EDT
[#22]
Well, it doesn't look like we'll be getting any bad weather until at least Sunday, so the match is a go.  We'll be setting up tomorrow.  It should be a great match.

Hope to see you there!
Link Posted: 9/2/2004 7:41:25 PM EDT
[#23]
Im going to try to make it depends on how things go tomorrow.
Link Posted: 9/3/2004 3:07:42 PM EDT
[#24]
after all these questions, my gear is packed, a motel reservation made. the Mrs is ready and now i have to play host to some FL refugees. somebody take pics, i want to see what i missed!!!!!!
Link Posted: 9/3/2004 5:06:41 PM EDT
[#25]

Quoted:
after all these questions, my gear is packed, a motel reservation made. the Mrs is ready and now i have to play host to some FL refugees. somebody take pics, i want to see what i missed!!!!!!

Sorry you're going to miss the match DvlDog.  Hopefully, we'll have our staff photographer (EMDII) there to document the match.

It should be a solid match.  This match will be another of the CQB type matches, but the shots will be "difficult".

We're also using 23 steel targets for this match, so everybody should have a good time.  With the bad weather and the labor day weekend, I hope we have a good turn out.

Maybe some of the "refugees" will bring there AR's with them.
Link Posted: 9/3/2004 5:36:27 PM EDT
[#26]
My personal driver and match photographer Ted, will be there tomorrow. Russell will have plenty of pics to post. Ya'll really need to come out for a match, good people and good courses of fire.
Scott
Link Posted: 9/3/2004 6:14:55 PM EDT
[#27]
im all packed and we had a hotel room off of I-20 for tonight but ive got refugees coming in sometime after midnight. im very dissappointed!!!  
Link Posted: 9/4/2004 3:35:28 PM EDT
[#28]
THey have been throwing the matches on weekends I have not been able to go. Next one will be near Halloween. I suggest a pumpkin contest. Everybody bring a pumpkin, and shoot the hell out of it.

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top