Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Site Notices
9/22/2017 12:11:25 AM
Posted: 10/4/2005 12:52:43 PM EDT
Just to let everyone know I wil lno longer be working at Tactical Concepts Indoor Range in Douglasville. I will be working at Ed's on Canton Rd. The current owners of Tactical Concepts have stated they can no longer pay my wages. May be money problems. be sure to come by and vist Ed's!! They do have an inventory!!!
Link Posted: 10/4/2005 1:34:53 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 10/4/2005 1:35:12 PM EDT by Accountant30339]
Please insist that a decent ventillation system be installed in the range!

and a reality check on their prices wouldn't hurt either.

Accountant
Link Posted: 10/4/2005 1:57:23 PM EDT

Originally Posted By Accountant30339:
Please insist that a decent ventillation system be installed in the range!

and a reality check on their prices wouldn't hurt either.

Accountant

Ditto!

I will come and see you at Ed's.
Link Posted: 10/4/2005 2:01:19 PM EDT

Originally Posted By Firearmz:
Just to let everyone know I wil lno longer be working at Tactical Concepts Indoor Range in Douglasville. I will be working at Ed's on Canton Rd. The current owners of Tactical Concepts have stated they can no longer pay my wages. May be money problems. be sure to come by and vist Ed's!! They do have an inventory!!!

Hi Firearmz,

I used to frequent Ed's when I started shooting handguns again. It's very close by, but I got tired of sneezing out globs of black lead-laced snot when I got home. It isn't healthy there, it isn't clean, it is dark and dank and it attracts all the yahoos kicked out of the other ranges. I drive an hour round trip to Hot Shots instead of a 5 minute round trip to Ed's.

If they would clean the place up (and maybe shake the lead dust off the inventory) I'd sign up for a year membership without hesitation.

I will have to find you the quote on the back of a business card for a G17 for $648 + tax from Ed's, in 2002 US$.

Everyone there seems nice, but there isn't much there for anyone but a novice.

Hope you can help them set the place right. Like I said, I used to frequent there alot.

Did you check out Bullseye Marksman in Cumming? They just opened their range up. It is super clean.

Link Posted: 10/4/2005 3:12:33 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 10/4/2005 3:14:27 PM EDT by Firearmz]
I have heard bad things about it in the past but it is under renovation. Rich and Curt have bought the place and have already started cleaning up. They have taken all the sand out of one range and replaced it with mulched rubber. They are in the process of doing range 2. The rifle range has been done also. Rich an Curt are good guys. All of the fishing stuff is gone and new inventory is being added, over $90,000 dollars worth. Prices on guns will be coming down in the near future also. Just the sand and lead being removed will help the ventilation system a whole lot.

Drop by with a positive attitude and check it out sometime.

Ken
Link Posted: 10/4/2005 3:27:21 PM EDT

I have heard bad things about it in the past but it is under renovation. Rich and Curt have bought the place and have already started cleaning up. They have taken all the sand out of one range and replaced it with mulched rubber. They are in the process of doing range 2. The rifle range has been done also. Rich an Curt are good guys. All of the fishing stuff is gone and new inventory is being added, over $90,000 dollars worth. Prices on guns will be coming down in the near future also. Just the sand and lead being removed will help the ventilation system a whole lot.

Ken

So the old management is gone? I will definately stop by and take a look! You'll recognize me. I'm the big guy with the Glocks and the ARs kicking the tires.

Of interest, who are Rich and Curt? Do you think they'd be interested in setting up an IDPA chapter if I could find someone qualified (which I am not!)?

/over

Link Posted: 10/4/2005 4:22:24 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 10/4/2005 4:23:18 PM EDT by Firearmz]
Rich and Curt both worked there under the old management. They have added new employees and are replacing some old ones. They are genuinely fixing the place up. They were (and may still be) having to let the old owner hang around until their FFL is in and going. If you drop by just tell them Ken or Firearmz sent you by.
Link Posted: 10/5/2005 5:23:13 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 10/5/2005 5:29:54 PM EDT by Firearmz]
Just got off the phone with Rich and the rifle range side has been done so that you can shoot your full metal jacketed 223 and 7.62x39. He is a stocking SIG Dealer and the shipment should be coming in any day. He has dropped prices on his guns so things should be looking up. So drop by and give it a try. Full auto is welcome as long as you can show that you can control the gun.
Link Posted: 10/5/2005 5:31:52 PM EDT

Originally Posted By JoeWang:

Ken

So the old management is gone? I will definately stop by and take a look! You'll recognize me. I'm the big guy with the Glocks and the ARs kicking the tires.

Of interest, who are Rich and Curt? Do you think they'd be interested in setting up an IDPA chapter if I could find someone qualified (which I am not!)?

/over

The IDPA thing is already being considered and may unfold soon. He has also added a dueling tree and other steel. A Pin Shoot is being organized so if your into that thats a plus.
Link Posted: 10/6/2005 3:49:01 AM EDT
Top Top