Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 1/20/2006 1:43:10 PM EDT
Read this Article

then go vote:
www.dallasnews.com/perl/common/surveys/display_full.pl?poll_id=3176&site=dallasnews

I said "NO" and offered the following comments:

Seems to me, they could simply accept Texas Concealed Handgun Licenses (and any from states with similar requirements). In Texas, the CHL is granted only AFTER the applicant has submitted fingerprints for FBI background check, and other requirements beyond what is needed for a "Registered Traveler". So why do some of that stuff again for the TSA? Seems like a waste of time and resources.

Probably won't make a difference, but what the heck!
Link Posted: 1/20/2006 3:26:15 PM EDT
[#1]

Quoted:
Read this Article

then go vote:
www.dallasnews.com/perl/common/surveys/display_full.pl?poll_id=3176&site=dallasnews

I said "NO" and offered the following comments:

Seems to me, they could simply accept Texas Concealed Handgun Licenses (and any from states with similar requirements). In Texas, the CHL is granted only AFTER the applicant has submitted fingerprints for FBI background check, and other requirements beyond what is needed for a "Registered Traveler". So why do some of that stuff again for the TSA? Seems like a waste of time and resources.

Probably won't make a difference, but what the heck!

According to the article, the Texas CHL just won't cut it as a background check unless they are checking your bank records, insurance records and other personal information. It is not just a criminal history. The Dallas Morning News article states:

"Before the companies are allowed to sell Registered Traveler cards, they have to demonstrate that they can somehow figure out whether applicants are members of terrorist sleeper cells by plowing through bank records, insurance data and other personal information available commercially — or by some other method."

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top