Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 9/12/2004 11:11:20 AM EDT
I just got transplanted here from the great state of Texas. I went to Hole In The Wall yesterday to talk to them about getting a post/post ban AR. They have 4 coming in from DPMS in @ 4 weeks. I put my name on one, so if anyone is interested, there are still 3 that will be up for grabs. They will be M4 style according to the feller working the counter. Just in case anyone is intersted.

When I get mine, sone of you locals will have to tell me the hot spot to go play and meet up with some of you.

http://www.click-smilies.de/sammlung0304/waffen/violent-smiley-041.gif
Link Posted: 9/12/2004 11:56:54 AM EDT
[#1]

Quoted:
When I get mine, sone of you locals will have to tell me the hot spot to go play and meet up with some of you.

www.click-smilies.de/sammlung0304/waffen/violent-smiley-041.gif

Group Shoot

Link Posted: 9/12/2004 1:35:50 PM EDT
[#2]
group shoot sounds sweet as hell to me!
Link Posted: 9/13/2004 1:03:54 AM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 9/13/2004 6:01:25 AM EDT
[#4]
Just curious, what are they asking for post/post bans?
Link Posted: 9/13/2004 7:00:52 AM EDT
[#5]
They told me $850 for the DPMS.
Link Posted: 9/17/2004 12:41:27 PM EDT
[#6]
i have a tendency to steer away from hole in the wall due to the fact that they treated me poorly. i even had cash in my pocket to purchase a firearm. they ignored me even tho i asked them if i could see one of the guns. weird, long before they had the shooting range in the building i spent thousands of dollars in there, and had good service. but i guess that went when they did the add on, hehe. funny that they have some of the same people working there. i also dont recommend their gunsmith. it would take a long to to post how poorly that guy runs his business in the little shop in back.  but all of that aside, if you went to hole in the wall, you may have paid to much. even tho Jt guns was hardly ever open, and it was hard to even predict what day he was gonna be open, or even how many hours, hehhe. Jt was the fairest guy in town, and always treated me and my family and freinds with respect and gave us good deals. I hate rippin on local businesses, but those guys will take you to the cleaners if they could. Best bet, wait till Jt gets his shop goin again, Gun shows, or shotguns news. i built my ar-15 for 520  and ill put it up against any bushmaster, hehe. but when you do the build your owns you must be prepared to sacrifice  the 2 hours itll take putting it together, and filling  and taping out the holes for the pistol grip(becuase they arent allway perfect.)
Link Posted: 9/17/2004 12:45:37 PM EDT
[#7]
besides the dpms lower i have is of poor quality. it looks like it'll break under anykind of pressure, hehe. i wonder if thats true of all of theirs? i paid way to much for it back in 99. 159 bucks.  eek what a wayste. it wasnt worth 20 bucks. i wish i would have gone to the olympic table and bought a standard cast.
Link Posted: 9/17/2004 12:55:57 PM EDT
[#8]
welcome ctbanshee.. you must be working in the area

I live in tri-cities, drop me a email maybe we can hook up for a shoot. I just shot @ hole in the wall yesterday I like the indoor range and the terrorist target they sell..The guys at Hole in the wall treated me well so far, havent bought allot from them but I am working on a Kimber deal..  

JT got shut down, and I dont think he can (legally) open another shop.. but thats the story I heard.
Griggs has allot of good special order deals, I work with Bruce.
Link Posted: 9/17/2004 1:08:08 PM EDT
[#9]
and according to our lovely county law enforcement in the tri-cities, you cant shoot anywhere else but a range. i tried shooting up at horse heaven hills but the cops came and inspected all of our guns and told us to go to rattlesnake range. what a joke. i have to go to a members only club to have fun, and they arent even open when im off of work, lame. its a good place to go if you have weekends off, and if there is a range officer there. i think the county sherrifs are wrong about horse heaven hills though. i see people shooting there all of the time and the cops dont seem to stop them. i guess the thought of someone having, ak's, 50 cals , and a few ar-15's out there having fun scares them. it was kindof funny having them stumbble out of their car and fumbling around for their AR's. hehe. If i was a true criminal, and was a real threat, they both could have been full of lead before they got their rifles out, hehe. but im just a law abiding gun nut, and i have no intention of harming anything but a peice of paper. funny that they thought it was neccessary to grab their rifles. did they just want to show me how cool theirs was? hehe, because it obviously didnt do them any good to pull them out. im more afraid of their sidearm. but yeah.. if your interested in shootin, i could talk to a buddy of mine that is an ex-ro from rattlesnake, and see if he knows a range officer that is willing to come out during the week, hehe.  wed-fri for me
Link Posted: 9/17/2004 1:16:51 PM EDT
[#10]
KingS I shoot at my private range, Kiona Benton exit up Weber canyon. Last time I shot, there was a fairly fresh trashed blazer for our shooting pleasure. That was a great day testing ammo penetration, its kind of swiss cheese now

Havent had any problem with the law, and from all of the beer cans (bastards need to clean up)
look to be a hell of a party place.
Link Posted: 9/17/2004 1:28:08 PM EDT
[#11]
jt had a table at our recent gun show, and from what i understand, he is looking for a storefront in west richland. aparrently the law couldnt make anything stick and he still has his ffl. i sure hope he can do better this time. i know his kid has a ton of medical problems and they are gone all of the time. must be hard on them.  as long as he keeps stable hours id travel to west richland to shop, heck , ill even voulenteer to help him out. but we'll see. i heard some pretty evil stuff about why his shop closed down. but from my experience with him, hes not the type of person to screw someone over for a buck, and his wife allways likes givin people a hard time, in a good way. i do however would like to know the facts about what really happened. but until they tell me personally, its none of my business. but thru all of the year in dealing with him, id have to say "Thank you" for giving me the knowledge and the help i needed for some of the problems i have had with firearms. noone else in this town who runs a shop would go thru such great detail on how stuff works. he has a true passion for trying to make things clear, even though sometimes he was bogged down with 20 people in his shop, with one other helper.
Link Posted: 9/17/2004 1:29:13 PM EDT
[#12]
hey vrod- hehe you have wednesdays off?
Link Posted: 9/17/2004 1:35:26 PM EDT
[#13]
i was wondering if thats the place that has that gravel road that goes up the hill real high, and you can look down on benton city. if it is, ive been there. i think there is a law about shoot so close to a gravel road, i know in walla there is, got stopped there too hehe. cops didnt like my 44.
Link Posted: 9/17/2004 2:05:54 PM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:
hey vrod- hehe you have wednesdays off?

I am self employed so everyday is a day off are you in town your AO is WY
Link Posted: 9/17/2004 2:08:53 PM EDT
[#15]
yeah...i changed my profile i think, i meant it to be wa.  i live here in kennewick.  i get out much during the rest of the week, hehe. seeming how my wife has thursdays and fridays designated for our special time, hehe.
Link Posted: 9/17/2004 2:16:12 PM EDT
[#16]
ive been kinda sceptical about taking my 20 inch ar-15 out because the upper is preban and the receiver is post, but from what ive heard about the asw ban no longer in effect, i guess it doesnt apply to my weapon anymore. hehe, cant wait to put on the bayonet and charge the targets, hehe
Link Posted: 9/17/2004 2:29:35 PM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:
i was wondering if thats the place that has that gravel road that goes up the hill real high, and you can look down on benton city. if it is, ive been there. i think there is a law about shoot so close to a gravel road, i know in walla there is, got stopped there too hehe. cops didnt like my 44.

thats the one, we shot all kinds of big caliber weapons up there, no problems. Another place I love to go varmint blasting is walker pit, have you been there>>

Link Posted: 9/17/2004 2:31:29 PM EDT
[#18]
nope not yet, hehe. dont know where its at. varmint blastin, hmmmmmmmmmm. hehe.sounds good to me.
Link Posted: 9/17/2004 2:38:04 PM EDT
[#19]
p.s  you wont shoot me for trash talkin hole in the wall, would you, hehe.
Link Posted: 9/17/2004 2:43:15 PM EDT
[#20]
I live in Richland.  I have not had good service from Hole in the wall.  I usually go to Sportsman's Warehouse and either buy there, or have them do the FFL.  It is $20 a transaction, up to 3 pieces.  Check the EE board for good vendors.  I found it cheaper to order with them and pay for FFL and shipping.  The gun shows in this area are also poor.  I end up going to the occasional show on the west side.

I go to the Rattlesnake facility to shoot my AR-15's, AR-10, AK-47's, and AK-74's.  Oh ya, I slip a "hunting rifle" in there occasionally too!  I am also a range officier there so tend to go on off days/times.  Hanford usually has every other Friday off.  This Friday (9/17) is a work Friday.  There is usually somebody working the range on the off Fridays.  I myself prefer to work the off Friday.
Not many folks then.

Sauramen
Link Posted: 9/17/2004 2:53:16 PM EDT
[#21]
hmm i might consider that ...if my wife will let me out of the house, hehe. So do you know a Cory. He was a range officer out there for a while. hes ex-military. i work with him out in finley. im not gonna mention a last name just to kep the anonminity. hehe. he took me out there a couple times on a saturday after we worked graveyard.. i really enjoy peggin the crap out of the 600 yard gong. and their 1000 yard range is somethin i have yet to try. hmmm , gotta get a gun that can do that, hehe.
Link Posted: 9/17/2004 2:54:12 PM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:
I live in Richland.  I have not had good service from Hole in the wall.  I usually go to Sportsman's Warehouse and either buy there, or have them do the FFL.  It is $20 a transaction, up to 3 pieces.  Check the EE board for good vendors.  I found it cheaper to order with them and pay for FFL and shipping.  The gun shows in this area are also poor.  I end up going to the occasional show on the west side.

I go to the Rattlesnake facility to shoot my AR-15's, AR-10, AK-47's, and AK-74's.  Oh ya, I slip a "hunting rifle" in there occasionally too!  I am also a range officier there so tend to go on off days/times.  Hanford usually has every other Friday off.  This Friday (9/17) is a work Friday.  There is usually somebody working the range on the off Fridays.  I myself prefer to work the off Friday.
Not many folks then.

Sauramen

Sauramen, do you know Claude Landes his a RO at rattlesnake, nice range, I really need to join. Next time I go out there I am to pay for the family plan.  
Link Posted: 9/17/2004 3:39:09 PM EDT
[#23]
how much is the membership at the range?? and who do i talk to to get the membership.  i want to at least have one legal place to go to shoot, hehe. but i still only have mainly wednesdays to go shooting, unless i can hagle with the wife for a friday.
Link Posted: 9/17/2004 8:55:27 PM EDT
[#24]
We should try to get a East side shoot together.  That'll cut out the five hour drive.  I have as yet to get an AR but am looking to put one together.  Would sure like to talk to some locals and maybe have them show me their gear so I can make an informed decision, besides my semi auto beretta 12 ga is sure fun to shoot so any excuse to go out and shoot is a good onejim  
Link Posted: 9/17/2004 10:41:05 PM EDT
[#25]
Rattlesnake Mountain Shooting Range

www.tcsa.info/

Yes, I live in the "Dry Shities" too.  Even worse.  I'm from here.  I've been livin' next to the Plutonium factory (Atomic Waste Dump) or most-a my life and now I work there.  .  Seriously though, there's nothing wrong with the water as long as you don't let it come in contact with your skin.  But I'm sure you've been told all that already.  

I like the Hole in the Wall.  I've bought 2 new Colt 1911s there, a BHP, got a Bushie through them and a bunch of other stuff.  Scott is the best there.  
Link Posted: 9/18/2004 12:16:34 AM EDT
[#26]
Link Posted: 9/18/2004 3:36:12 AM EDT
[#27]
Cory Sattler?

Quoted:
So do you know a Cory.

Link Posted: 9/18/2004 4:18:59 AM EDT
[#28]
Other then Hole in the Wall, are there anymore gunsmiths around the Tri-Cities?

Digital
Link Posted: 9/18/2004 9:09:06 AM EDT
[#29]
I went down to hole in the wall, and talked to them earlier this week. The big fella working the counter said the rifles are do in monday or tuesday of this coming week. He seemed like a decent guy. I told him I would put some $$ down on one so as to reserve it, and he said not to worry if I did not have it right then. I plopped down the loot though.

They do seem a little spacey at times though. I had a WAD of cash and ask why deal he would like to make on a pistol for cash, and he kinda played it off. Kinda weird. I am from Texas, and they would have been all over the sh!t down there. Guess I aint in Texas anymore.

I talk to the guys at work here, and they say they go shooting around here all the time, and never catch grief from the law dogs. But as soon as I go somewhere and start hucking rounds, I will be the one off to jail for it. I got a freekin speeding ticket last week in Finley coming to work. I was sick, and the trooper did not seem to have any mercy. I am sure the Texas plates did nothing to curb his want to ticket me. Assclown
Link Posted: 9/18/2004 8:48:37 PM EDT
[#30]
franklin, hehe        

anyways    sorry to hear that about the ticket.....yeah the law enforcement around here loves writing them tickets....hmmm finley, hehe i work out there.  isnt finley a big trailer park? hehe.  yeah sorry to talk crap about hole in the wall, i guess they treat some people nice....like they did me years ago, but not anymore, and i dont know why. i think they started judging me when i wanted to buy a desert eagle. they wanted 1149.00 for it at the time. i thought it was steep , but i didnt say anything. so i place an order for a mini 14 instead, bad mistake...junk if you ask me.

im glad i waited for the desert eagles tho, got me 2 now. got my  .44 at jt's before he shut down.$750  with 2 mags and a holster. and my  50ae for 999.00 in december that year....god i love santa, hehe. ever since then ive had no money, nice huh? hehe.

sorry about ramblin...its nice to talk to tc folk here.
sorry about the L.E welcoming.
we'll all have to get together at the range sometime a compare some of our builds, hehe. its been awhile since ive heard that 600 yard gong sound off, its a good sound....im gettin to used to shootin beer cans from 10 feet away and laughin at how far they fly
Link Posted: 9/19/2004 2:49:46 PM EDT
[#31]
Any of you guys ever hear of the Finley Ghost?

Digital
Link Posted: 9/20/2004 6:45:10 AM EDT
[#32]

Quoted:
Seriously though, there's nothing wrong with the water as long as you don't let it come in contact with your skin.  But I'm sure you've been told all that already.  

Is that why some of you east siders smell so bad?
Link Posted: 9/20/2004 8:33:42 AM EDT
[#33]

Quoted:
I like this thread hehe

smart ass, hehe
Link Posted: 9/20/2004 8:00:52 PM EDT
[#34]
smell, what smell? hehe that aint the radiation,.
Link Posted: 9/20/2004 8:18:49 PM EDT
[#35]

Quoted:

we'll all have to get together at the range sometime a compare some of our builds, hehe. its been awhile since ive heard that 600 yard gong sound off, its a good sound

I just got back from the range tonight.  I think the farthest gong is 450 yd. now.  You have to go to the 1000yd. range if you want farther.  

If anyone wants to go shooting give me a holler.

Wombat
Link Posted: 9/21/2004 5:35:01 AM EDT
[#36]
Who is he.....he?

Yo Wombat, me and the missus may be in Kennewick next weekend.  Got anything going?  I should know for sure by Thursday.
Link Posted: 9/21/2004 11:19:46 AM EDT
[#37]
Well, got the M4 yesterday, Hole in the Wall called me first thing to tell me it arrived yesterday morning.

I must say, It is a pretty good deal. The DPMS seems to be a very well built unit. It came with a hard side case, 2-30rnd mags, cleaning kit, sling, flash suppresor, bayounette lug(pretty sure I misplelled that), collapsible stock, removable carrying handle, and a top notch instruction manual.

I am impressed. I think the total cost was @ $860. There are still 3 on the shelf I think, so if this is something you have been wanting, it is a nice rifle.
Link Posted: 9/21/2004 11:39:32 AM EDT
[#38]

Quoted:
 flash suppresor, bayounette lug(pretty sure I misplelled that)

yes, yes you did indeed!

bayonet
suppressor
misspelled

But who's keeping track?
Link Posted: 9/21/2004 11:42:59 AM EDT
[#39]

Quoted:

Quoted:
 flash suppresor, bayounette lug(pretty sure I misplelled that)

yes, yes you did indeed!

bayonet
suppressor
misspelled

But who's keeping track?hr

Link Posted: 9/21/2004 4:13:25 PM EDT
[#40]
nice...it came with all of those goodies. heheh. you got a deal man. bayo lug???? thought it was a post ban style, hehe.   good to know that olympic and bushmaster are putting out the rifles in there original beauty.. my next project, im gonna be building a 0a93, or a 0a98..if i can get the parts... im still looking for a new pistol lower..  anyone know where to get one and how much?  i though about slapping it on oneof my rifle ones to test it, but that would be a compliance law, eek. it also really broke my heart when i found out that i cant have a commando because of the sbr law in this state. and if i put a stalk on a pistol it would be the same thing right??? i have had some good build  ideas when watching movies. like the m16 in 3000 mile to graceland. that one was sweet
a telescoping stock on a 7inch gun with a c-mag, droool. accuracy would be crap, but i bet bump firing that thing would be sweet. but until i moce to a different state i guess ill settle for my car 15 and my 20inch... sorry to hear about that gong being gone. 450 huh...eeek. well i guess they still have the 600 yard part of the target range right? if we all get together on a shoot out there, we'll  have to bring some radios, hehe. ive been up on top, and it looks like a real pain to do 600 by yourself. from what i understand, one guy sits at the other end in a trench with a radio while the others shoot. is that right?
somethin todo with changing targets n stuff. i really like how big the targets are for the 1000 yard range too, huuge...still small at a 1000 tho
Link Posted: 9/21/2004 4:16:52 PM EDT
[#41]
hey wombat....whats a good settup, rifle wise for the 1000 yard range? would it be possible for an ar to do it with the proper barrel length? curious.  ive been wanting to build a 1000 yard gun, even if it means going to a 308, but hoping to get a 223 to do it.
Link Posted: 9/21/2004 4:27:33 PM EDT
[#42]
oh yeah...i heard there was a range out on the kalotus highway somewhere that has a 40 dollar a year fee...and they give you a key....does anyone know where exactly this range is, and who to contact to get a membership.....i hear its just a 300-400 yard range, but that would suit me fine on the days that i cant go to rattlesnake, plus i need a membership at rattlesnake too. dyin to spend money on brass.  i hate being a non member
Link Posted: 9/21/2004 5:57:37 PM EDT
[#43]

Quoted:
hey wombat....whats a good settup, rifle wise for the 1000 yard range? would it be possible for an ar to do it with the proper barrel length? curious.  ive been wanting to build a 1000 yard gun, even if it means going to a 308, but hoping to get a 223 to do it.

I have never taken the time to shoot at 1000yds but most of the people I know that do use a .308.   I have always wanted to do a thousand yards but you need some one in the target pit.  Every time I go I am practicing for hunting, sighting in or something where 1000yds is impractical. AR’s do fine at 600yds; I have even shot my 14.5”  Mforgery in a match at that range.

Membership at rattlesnake is $30 a year now but if you volunteer to be a range officer you get the combo to the gate and can go whenever you want.  I think this is very worth it as it is the only way you can shot pepper poppers in the pistol bays and shot past 100yds at paper.
Link Posted: 9/21/2004 6:01:31 PM EDT
[#44]

Quoted:

Is that why some of you east siders smell so bad?

Are you saying I smell?

Opening day of buck session is the 2nd of October for me, so I will not be around that weekend.  If you mean this weekend I will be around.

Wombat
Link Posted: 9/21/2004 6:45:33 PM EDT
[#45]
Well FUDGE!

Now that I got the rifle, I am confuzled about what optic to get. And I am not reading every page in the optics forum to decide.

Any good ideas?
Link Posted: 9/22/2004 7:51:07 PM EDT
[#46]
i was readin someones post about their new no ban that they built, and they went with us optics......sounds expensive, hehe.. but optics are very important, so dont go cheap, hehe.
Link Posted: 9/24/2004 9:19:26 AM EDT
[#47]
I picked up a Leupold CQ/T optic. I really like it (just played with it in the house thus far). I really like it. Kinda spendy, but whats money? Can I put a price on my happiness? I think NOT!
Link Posted: 9/25/2004 8:42:40 AM EDT
[#48]
Man I just spent a week at the Oregon coast, and was tripping over gun shops and gunsmiths.  Around here you are in a wasteland.  Sucks to be us...

jim
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top