Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 9/10/2004 9:59:58 AM EDT
Formed off from the NYSRPA....

New York's AWB and other antigun laws will not go away until the gun owners of this state become directly involved in elected good people to office and unelect the bad ones.  Towards that end, a political action committee has been formed to support pro-gun candidates.  It helped elect Assemblymen Dan Hooker, Darrel Aubertine in 2002, and Ginny Fields in a special elected last March.  They are spending money to help two pro-gun candidates in next weeks primaries.....

Go to this link to read.....www.rpa-pac.org/

Drop the $20 in the mail, less than most of spend on ammo at the range for a day.....

Dan Tucker
UPstate NY

Link Posted: 9/10/2004 3:35:48 PM EDT
[#1]
I thought it was only NYC that it didn't matter not NYS. You tell me that I still will not be able to put a Stock,Flash Hider or Bayo lug on my AR's after the ban goes?
What about C-Mags that are being sold. This also applies for Nassau and Suffolk Counties?
Link Posted: 9/10/2004 4:10:16 PM EDT
[#2]
NYS's AWB is a mirror image of the current Federal AWB ban with the exception that it will not sunset 09-13-2004.  The repeal of the Federal AWB will have no effect in NYS.  

If it is illegal under the current Federal ban it will continue to be illegal in NYS forever (unless the NY legislature repeals it).

If you want a Beta-C mag (or any other +10 mag) you will have to buy one manufactured prior to 09-14-1994.
Link Posted: 9/10/2004 4:56:56 PM EDT
[#3]
So the c-mags that are being sold by Rubin for $230.00 will not be legal in NYS or Nassau County.

This really sucks since I was about to order 2 of them. I was also going to put together a pre ban rifle. Another reason to really get the Fuck out of here.
Link Posted: 9/10/2004 5:18:10 PM EDT
[#4]
You did not hear this from me...

The mags are unmarked
Link Posted: 9/11/2004 5:58:46 AM EDT
[#5]
Are you saying they no longer have a SN on the mag body?  
Link Posted: 9/11/2004 9:19:19 AM EDT
[#6]
Not to hijack the thread but  I just recieved my threaded A2 flash hider for my Armalite SEBR..............if I understand the situation correctly since the NYS law does not sunset I will not be able to have my brake taken off this flash hider installed legally can I???
Link Posted: 9/11/2004 9:29:24 AM EDT
[#7]
Nothing changes for us. Post ban for life. -Justin
Link Posted: 9/11/2004 9:30:22 AM EDT
[#8]
green18 - nope, not unless the Armalite was manufactured prior to the 94 ban.  But perhaps someone from a free state will be willing to trade lowers with you - send them your postban, they send you their preban.
Link Posted: 9/11/2004 10:03:24 AM EDT
[#9]
I was talking to a local DEALER and he's trying to tell me IF I found a pre-ban reciever from out of state I CAN't import it into the state because I didn't posess it BEFORE George On- CRACKY signed the bill.
Has anyone researched this?
Link Posted: 9/11/2004 10:37:27 AM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:
I was talking to a local DEALER and he's trying to tell me IF I found a pre-ban reciever from out of state I CAN't import it into the state because I didn't posess it BEFORE George On- CRACKY signed the bill.
Has anyone researched this?

That is incorrect.  It must have been legally possessed by "someone" in the U.S. on 09-13-1994 either as a named SAW, a complete rifle in SAW configuration or as a complete rifle kit in SAW configuration.  Someone in this context means a person, dealer, manufacturer, PD etc.

NY's AWB date of enactment (11-01-2000) is not the determining factor to establish its "preban" status under NYS law and there is no requirement that the rifle was possessed on that date in NYS.

Ask the dealer to cite the section of the Penal Law that states the rifle had to have been possessed on 11-01-2000 in order to qualify as a "preban."  
Link Posted: 9/11/2004 1:04:59 PM EDT
[#11]
This sucks big time. I have a Pre Ban upper that needs a lower. I figured after the 13th I would be set. So now I am back looking for just a pre-ban lower that is legal again.
This is where people who still own Pre BAns before 9-13-04 still have a chance to make money. So even if they get cheaper for some states there will always be that market if someone needs it I guess.

Also now when you go to buy a pre-ban you got to ask it was built after 9-13-04 or before 9-13-94. I swear having a house in PA is getting alot closer. The hell with my wifes commute and the kids friends. They will get use to it either slow or fast. By next summer I am out of here GOD willing.
Link Posted: 9/11/2004 2:31:33 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:
I thought it was only NYC that it didn't matter not NYS. You tell me that I still will not be able to put a Stock,Flash Hider or Bayo lug on my AR's after the ban goes?
What about C-Mags that are being sold. This also applies for Nassau and Suffolk Counties?

D'OH!

Sux to be us.
Link Posted: 9/11/2004 2:32:34 PM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:
So the c-mags that are being sold by Rubin for $230.00 will not be legal in NYS or Nassau County.

This really sucks since I was about to order 2 of them. I was also going to put together a pre ban rifle. Another reason to really get the Fuck out of here.

As long as it was manufactured before '94.

They'll have to prove it wasn't.
Link Posted: 9/11/2004 5:23:52 PM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:
Not to hijack the thread but  I just recieved my threaded A2 flash hider for my Armalite SEBR..............if I understand the situation correctly since the NYS law does not sunset I will not be able to have my brake taken off this flash hider installed legally can I???

Correct....
Link Posted: 9/12/2004 3:01:08 AM EDT
[#15]
heres something I happened to run across this morning as thought I would post it for all to read NY Gun Laws
Link Posted: 9/12/2004 3:54:19 AM EDT
[#16]
Well this tangent is unacceptable....  GREAT THREAD, GREAT ORGANIZATION, GREATEST PAC TO CONTRIBUTE TO IN NY:

You don't even have to mail a check.  You can be a lazy bastard and paypal a donation.....

You Made A Payment   Secure Transaction  
Payment Information
You have sent a secure payment of $20.00 USD for the items below. You will receive an email receipt for this transaction shortly.

Amount:
$20.00 USD
Item Title:
My Rights
Quantity:
Total Amount:
$20.00 USD
Contact Information

Business Name:
RPA-PAC
Contact Email:
[email protected]
Link Posted: 9/12/2004 4:57:21 AM EDT
[#17]
Lets see more....

Thanks chapperjoe...
Link Posted: 9/12/2004 6:15:50 AM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:
This sucks big time. I have a Pre Ban upper that needs a lower. I figured after the 13th I would be set. So now I am back looking for just a pre-ban lower that is legal again.
This is where people who still own Pre BAns before 9-13-04 still have a chance to make money. So even if they get cheaper for some states there will always be that market if someone needs it I guess.

Also now when you go to buy a pre-ban you got to ask it was built after 9-13-04 or before 9-13-94. I swear having a house in PA is getting alot closer. The hell with my wifes commute and the kids friends. They will get use to it either slow or fast. By next summer I am out of here GOD willing.

For me as well. I have to get out of NY and commute from the other direction.

Link Posted: 9/12/2004 6:16:21 AM EDT
[#19]
Please remember that pay pal is extremely ANTI GUN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Link Posted: 9/12/2004 6:37:23 PM EDT
[#20]
This totally sucks Gov.Pataki sucks !!!!
Link Posted: 9/12/2004 11:41:19 PM EDT
[#21]
Even un-marked beta-Cs will have serial #s that can be traced to date of manufacuter, so your still fucked.

S.O.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top