Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 11/1/2009 8:14:48 AM EDT

Man - I just saw the post of the Halloween shoot at TOM BEAN.

I have to say  -  there are a ton of inconsiderate people out there.......
(Not commenting on the AR15 people shooting that day - unless they did not pick up trash either)
- But man that place lookd horrible with trash everywhere on the berm.

I cannot believe that there was soooo much trash and garbage out there on the berm.

It has been a few years since I have been there - but man.

Hope those nice people don't get sick of all the crap behind their homes....

Link Posted: 11/1/2009 8:26:53 AM EDT
[#1]
Just paper targets or what?
Link Posted: 11/1/2009 8:32:11 AM EDT
[#2]
which thread was it?

nevermind..  did they clean up after themselves?

Link Posted: 11/1/2009 8:42:49 AM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:

which thread was it?

http://www.ar15.com/forums/topic.html?b=8&f=8&t=382403

They specifically stated they cleaned up their mess, and the mess of others, but as you can see their is a lot of trash out there.

Link Posted: 11/1/2009 8:43:21 AM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:

nevermind..  did they clean up after themselves?

Did you read the thread or just look at the pictures?

Link Posted: 11/1/2009 9:48:14 AM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 11/1/2009 9:55:10 AM EDT
[#6]
How about a range cleanup day?  

A couple folks bring pickups to haul trash, some trash bags, rakes, and a dozen people or so and we could fix the trash issue real quick and easy.

I'd be more than happy to pitch in.

Semper Fi
Link Posted: 11/1/2009 10:17:08 AM EDT
[#7]
Somehow I feel the need to defend myself....

Quoted frome my own post.

Quoted:
Headed out to Tom Bean today with a few friends. Great day for shooting. One of my friends bought a AK-74 from AIM Surplus and has been dying to try it. A few pictures from today.

Side note: Somebody left a crap ton of shotshells out there. Picked up as much of it as I could.

Yes, we picked up the pumpkin pieces.

There was lots of wood pieces and cardboard on the berm There was also the remenants of some kind of electronics and a brake rotor. There was other garbage on the berm as well. We put out the clays, a box, and the pumpkins. We picked up all the big pieces of the pumpkins, the boxes we brought to shoot up, and some of other peoples trash.

My friends and I do not make it out to Ralph's range very often and if he thinks that we did not do a good job of cleaning up, we will gladly return.
Link Posted: 11/1/2009 1:31:43 PM EDT
[#8]

This thread was not a post against YOU....
Please do not take it that way.
I was just commenting on the trash.

I was just bummed when Isaw how much wasa there - NOt from you  but others that had shot and left it.
Sorry if some might have taken it wrong....
Link Posted: 11/1/2009 2:23:30 PM EDT
[#9]
The field stays clean, the berm... hehe I've never seen it clean.
Link Posted: 11/2/2009 6:54:47 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
The field stays clean, the berm... hehe I've never seen it clean.

I have, once. Most of the time I go down there are a bunch of shotgun hulls, plastic bottles, parts of various electronics, etc. out there.
Link Posted: 11/3/2009 5:35:15 AM EDT
[#11]
My son and I hate picking up brass. Problem solved. Our targets are simple. We use the cheapy "garage sale" type wire stands and old political (especially democrap) or whatever corrugated plastic signs.
Stupid photobucket.

Link Posted: 11/3/2009 6:15:59 AM EDT
[#12]
OT- But, tell that young man to lengthen his stock a little. His neck and shoulder will feel a whole lot better after his next range session.  Them things are adjustable for a reason.

Joat
Link Posted: 11/3/2009 6:21:47 AM EDT
[#13]

REMOVED

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top