Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login

Site Notices
Posted: 9/24/2011 6:59:34 AM EDT
Any info?? The spring show was packed, but the website has no info on a fall show. Thanks, Bill
Link Posted: 9/24/2011 12:54:21 PM EDT
It's usually Thanksgiving weekend, at the Marriott in Cool Springs.

David

Tennessee Firearms Association

TFA Forum
Link Posted: 9/25/2011 8:15:43 AM EDT
Reese is a member & he told me it was indeed Turkey Day weekend.
Link Posted: 9/25/2011 5:03:27 PM EDT
Thanks, they may want to put something up on the website, it just mentions spring show on upcoming events
Link Posted: 9/27/2011 8:59:07 PM EDT
Is this a pretty good show?

What is there primarily?

guns? Militaria and Uniforms?

Beanie babies and beef jerky?

Give me the details on what the show is like. That may be the perfect weekend to head up to the Nashville area.

I've been promising my wife dinner at the Red Pony restaurant in franklin for awhile.

Link Posted: 9/28/2011 5:02:57 AM EDT
It's a real militaria collectors show––not your typical beef jerky/gold chains/SKS on the same table "gun show". While there's some
overlap in patrons, not the typical gun show crowd, either.

Last time I was there, it was in the ballroom of the Franklin Marriott (across I65 from Cool Springs mall), to give you an idea of size.

Good bunch of usually very knowledgeable guys.

David

Tennessee Firearms Association

TFA Forum

Link Posted: 9/29/2011 4:42:30 PM EDT
Originally Posted By DavidLewis:
It's a real militaria collectors show––not your typical beef jerky/gold chains/SKS on the same table "gun show". While there's some

Last time I was there, it was in the ballroom of the Franklin Marriott (across I65 from Cool Springs mall), to give you an idea of size.

David

+1 on all. I would add that the aisles are a bit narrow for the (ahem), mature adult.................

Not a terribly huge amount of guns but also a good bit of things such as uniforms, sabres, swords & other items. A good place to see Lugers, P-38s, etc. Some are actually affordable.

Good place to hide while the womenz are hitting Cool Springs Mall after Turkey Day, IMO.
Link Posted: 9/29/2011 5:28:18 PM EDT
Originally Posted By BobCole:
Originally Posted By DavidLewis:

David

+1 on all. I would add that the aisles are a bit narrow for the (ahem), mature adult.................

Not a terribly huge amount of guns but also a good bit of things such as uniforms, sabres, swords & other items. A good place to see Lugers, P-38s, etc. Some are actually affordable.

Good place to hide while the womenz are hitting Cool Springs Mall after Turkey Day, IMO.

I'll return the favor: +1 on Bob's comments, too. The narrow aisles were my only real complaint. However, that's also an indicator that the room
is packed full!

David

Link Posted: 9/29/2011 7:27:22 PM EDT
I have never been to one, but it sounds like a great time.

I'll have to try and make it this year.
Link Posted: 10/1/2011 4:30:43 AM EDT
The show has been going on there for many years at the marriott. Can it be 10 or more...maybe.

The show is always Thanksgiving and Easter weekends. That is why it does not go on into Sunday, it is always Friday and Saturday and has been for many years. Originally it was held at the National Guard Armory and because of the popularity of the armory for events including guard drills, the collectors association could only get it for those weekends. The dates became fixed in everyone's mind and they stuck with them after having to go to the hotel when security increased at the armory's due to the homeland security needs.

The aisles are small because they continually sellout the tables and need to try and get in as many as possible. Many hotels are not as friendly in allowing guns and nazi items to be brought in and displayed.
I have been a member of this club for many years. My membership number is under #30 and they now have thousands of members.

Its a good show if you want real militaria and not have to deal with jewelry, jerky, and candles. If you have something to sell, get appraised or need info on, this is the place to do it. It is a small version (in my mind) of the Show of Shows that is held in Louisville every february by the Ohio Valley Militaria Society (OVMS) which is another good organization to join. Both of these shows have people who come in from all over the country to buy and exhibit at.
Link Posted: 10/3/2011 6:05:55 AM EDT
Used to be at rthe National Guard armory, but after 911, we no longer could use it, so we moved over to Cool Springs. It is always wasy on Good Friday, and Saturday, the Thanksgiving Friday and Saturday.

Good stuff you will not find anywhere else, a lot of guns, but most all is WW2 military.
Top Top