Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 2/12/2006 5:28:11 PM EDT
I was watching Ch.3 during the 6:00pm news and they were talking about the recent shootings with “assault weapons” and how easily “assault weapons” were to obtain. The news anchor started talking about you could just jump on eBay and have an “assault weapon” with ease…seeing as how you can’t buy or sell firearms on eBay I wondered what they were referring to…the next screen pops up showing a screen shot of an eBay add showing a TIPPMAN paint ball gun and refer to it as an “assault weapon”!!!

Unbelievable!!!!
Link Posted: 2/12/2006 6:37:44 PM EDT
[#1]
That's *&^%$*$# infuriating! Just when you think you've heard it all...  
Link Posted: 2/12/2006 6:53:02 PM EDT
[#2]
Which news anchor was it? I want to email them and let them know how their research department makes THEM look like fools.

thanks,
Ron
Link Posted: 2/12/2006 8:44:38 PM EDT
[#3]
HEY, I got shot by one of them Tippman assault weapons in 1987 and let me tell you, they hurt!!  I took a 6 round burst across the back at 15 feet, it'll get your attention, don't discount them things...
Link Posted: 2/12/2006 11:02:54 PM EDT
[#4]
Grumpy:

I saw that crap too.   The whole segment was a collection of lies & half-truths.  Nice touch adding that clip of  satchelmouth Montoya in there too.  Typical media anti-gun hack job.   The funny thing is they screwed their liberal commiefornia buddies at e-bay.   Made it look like e-bay is allowing this to go on... LMAO

Doc:

I can't remember which anchor it was, but the  "field" person was anjulie porter.  
Link Posted: 2/13/2006 10:21:08 AM EDT
[#5]

Nice touch adding that clip of  satchelmouth Montoya in there too.    

That's the cop that caught doing a "drive by" and NO charges were filed by Metro or suspension given.

thanks,
Ron
Link Posted: 2/13/2006 4:39:16 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
Which news anchor was it? I want to email them and let them know how their research department makes THEM look like fools.

thanks,
Ron

I was so blown away at its content that I didn't catch the anchors name, I really wish I had.
Link Posted: 2/13/2006 9:05:42 PM EDT
[#7]
After seeing what passes for news on news 3 @5.   I am not surprised that these people are totally ignorant.  Shlock science, schlock reporting, making things up, and smears.   Accuracy and fact checking are not in their job description.

Dumber than a box of rocks, and they will likely stay that way.
Link Posted: 2/14/2006 9:58:50 AM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

Nice touch adding that clip of  satchelmouth Montoya in there too.    

That's the cop that caught doing a "drive by" and NO charges were filed by Metro or suspension given.

thanks,
Ron

When did this occur??
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top