Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 5/11/2004 6:17:29 PM EDT
IN RESPONSE TO REQUESTS, TIGER VALLEY WILL BE HOSTING A RIFLE INSTRUCTORS CLASS JULY 19-23, 2004 AT THE WACO FACILITY.   THIS 48 HOUR CLASS WILL BE TCLEOSE CERTIFIED FOR LAW ENFORCEMENT OFFICERS.  THE COST OF THIS CLASS IS $350.00.  IF INTERESTED CALL 972-530-6510 SPACE IS LIMITED.  
Link Posted: 5/11/2004 7:39:14 PM EDT
[#1]
ya lost me...  is anyone allowed to take the course? if so, will they become certified as an instructor too, or just LE Officers?
Link Posted: 5/12/2004 5:18:42 AM EDT
[#2]
and what type of "RIFLE"?

are we talking carbines or Precision rifles?
Link Posted: 5/12/2004 6:35:24 AM EDT
[#3]
THIS COURSE OFFERS THE PERSON ATTENDING, BE IT CIVILIAN OR POLICE A RIFLE INSTRUCTORS CERTIFICATE.  FOR POLICE OFFICERS IT IS CERTIFIED THROUGH TCLEOSE.  AS FAR AS WHAT TYPE OF RIFLE THE SHOOTER ATTENDS WITH IS UP TO THAT PERSON.  ANY QUALITY SEMI-AUTO WILL SUFFICE.  ALL WHO ATTEND WILL HAVE TO PASS THE NRA RIFLE QUALIFICATION COURES.  THAT IN MIND, ATTENDING WITH AN SKS MIGHT BE INTERESTING BUT DIFFICULT TO PASS THE COURSE WITH.  WE WILL BE POSTING A LIST OF SPECIFICS ON THE TIGER VALLEY WEB SITE IN A DAY OR SO.
Link Posted: 5/12/2004 7:26:59 AM EDT
[#4]
ok, so another dumb question.
what is the "NRA RIFLE QUALIFICATION COURE"?
what do i have to be able to do to qualify?
Link Posted: 5/12/2004 11:52:39 AM EDT
[#5]
cap locks baby

TXL
Link Posted: 5/12/2004 6:15:21 PM EDT
[#6]
I will post the course of fire at Tiger Valley.  We won't shoot the course of fire until the last day.  It's a challenge but anyone who pays attention can make it.  To give you an example I did a basic SWAT rifle class last week and required all the shooters to pass the NRA qual course with a 90%.  Only one shooter had to shoot it twice and he had never fired an AR-15 before the school.  These shooters also did it with Colt commando M-16's.  If you shoot with Criss, I don't think this will be a problem.
Link Posted: 5/12/2004 7:39:39 PM EDT
[#7]
I am so considering this... since I have plenty of time on my hands....

what gear do I need? time to go shopping and verify my budget.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top