Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 1/11/2005 6:24:09 PM EDT
I have one its a reg assault weapon.They are cali legal with out a pistol grip any here going to get one . Very nice rifle .Me thinks better than my ars .better than a fab10  
Link Posted: 1/11/2005 8:56:17 PM EDT
[#1]
Could you post a link to the web site please.
Link Posted: 1/11/2005 8:57:36 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 1/11/2005 10:41:03 PM EDT
[#3]
Very nice now the bugs have been worked out. A bit pricey though. About the same as an M1A. But it is very versatile.

How would it be to shoot it without the grip?
Link Posted: 1/12/2005 2:48:19 AM EDT
[#4]

www.robarm.com/images/BJ%20CA%20M96.jpg
Like that.

Look at his hand though. You can not tell me that would be comfortable over a long shooting session. It would be like trying to hammer with a wood log, or something similar. I would rather go buy an M1A, get the messed up parts fixed, and save myself $500.
Link Posted: 1/12/2005 8:18:32 AM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
Like that.

Look at his hand though. You can not tell me that would be comfortable over a long shooting session. It would be like trying to hammer with a wood log, or something similar. I would rather go buy an M1A, get the messed up parts fixed, and save myself $500.

maybe build up the stock in that area, add some grip

I'm waiting to see if mud's receiver is approved
Link Posted: 1/12/2005 4:02:47 PM EDT
[#6]
 so with out the pistol grip you could have the detachable 10rnd mag.  Why don't they make the stock attach to where the pistol grip was, would look like a tommy gun stock.  Or have some crazy ergonomic curve to it like the P90 from FN, but with out the top part?  They need to do that so I will buy one...
Link Posted: 1/12/2005 4:18:32 PM EDT
[#7]
Because if it was mounted below the receiver, than it would protrude below the action of the rifle, and be an AW. I remember hearing from someone was not busted, but "advised" about getting a new stock for their bench rifle because even though it didn't have a pistol drip, the stock had a palm cut out that made the grip more vertical, and it was also below the action. CA has some screwy laws.....
Link Posted: 1/12/2005 4:32:44 PM EDT
[#8]
If you fit a Monte Carlo style stock to where the trigger housing is now, your cheek weld elevation would be far too low to sight the rifle.
Link Posted: 1/12/2005 4:36:44 PM EDT
[#9]
I've owned both AR's and M96's and while the M96 is cool, it's not as nice to shoot as an AR (and it's 2x the money)...
Link Posted: 1/12/2005 6:38:11 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:
I've owned both AR's and M96's and while the M96 is cool, it's not as nice to shoot as an AR (and it's 2x the money)...

yeah, but it's our only real option for a semi .223 that can be useful should we ever get out of this crazy state.
Link Posted: 1/12/2005 11:44:51 PM EDT
[#11]
how about adding something like this to it Here

if it legal, its a whole lot better than how the guy in the pic is holding it

fixed the link a little bit. you'll have to go to the site and click on new products
Link Posted: 1/13/2005 5:57:26 AM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:
how about adding something like this to it Here

if it legal, its a whole lot better than how the guy in the pic is holding it

Link broken, but it must be to a thumb grip which could be legal and a better grip than just the stock
Link Posted: 1/13/2005 2:44:18 PM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:

Quoted:

yeah, but it's our only real option for a semi .223 that can be useful should we ever get out of this crazy state.

I have to say my M96, which was A early gun . Has never jammed,I never set it back to the factory to get anything fix cause it aint broke.you will never get slam fire with a M96. Much cleaner than my ar's .I think form and function over all is better than my ar15's. .I just wish they make a belt fed .
from rob arm web site
The M96 comes with a two-stage trigger which allows the rifle to be shot accurately. The feel of the M96 is more like that of an M14 than and M16. Yet, the recoil of the M96 is less than that of the M16.
Link Posted: 1/13/2005 4:46:03 PM EDT
[#14]
Thumb hole grip stock is NO NO...

(e) "thumbhole stock" means a stock with a hole that allows the thumb of the trigger hand to penetrate into or through the stock while firing.

It is explicitly defined in the SB23..  
Link Posted: 1/13/2005 5:25:12 PM EDT
[#15]
Whats there defintion of a "hole"
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top