Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 6/23/2003 6:56:59 AM EDT
I have recieved several emails about Saturdays events someone suggested I post it here to apprise people of the situation. Here is the message we sent out to our email list.

--------------------------------------------
Howdy everybody, Texas Tactical had a pretty severe setback on Saturday. We arrived at our range early Saturday morning to set up for our monthly carbine match. As we drove up I could see that there had been some dirt work done around the bays, as I got closer I saw that the berms in bay 1 had been reduced to about 4 to 5 feet tall! I continued to drive to the next bay and saw it was also reduced to the same height. Along about bay 3 it hit me "where is all our equipment"? I drove all the way to the end of the bays and came upon a horrible sight There was a huge pile of dirt, twisted metal, broken wood, and various other debri, as I stared in shock at this rubble, I started to recognize bits and pieces of the trash pile. There is a piece of a barricade here, there were several mangled target stands there, broken tables, chairs, twisted pepper poppers,  Every single piece of our equipment was broken and entangled in this mess. I immediately called the land owner who was in complete shock at what I told him. He told me that he had given permission for a company to come in and remove some kalichi from another part of the property. At this point no one knows why they destroyed the berms and bulldozed all of our equipment into a huge pile. Several of our shooters showed up and after everyone got over their initial shock, we started digging through the rubble to see if anything survived. It appears that about 90% of our equipment was destroyed. At this time the future of Texas Tactical is up in the air. We are definetely not giving up! We can find another range but we are unable to afford the cost of equipment to restart from scratch. Also after talking to the Sheriffs Deputy and a spokesman for the Company, it sounds like it is going to be a difficult and time consuming process to recover our losses. It definetely seems to me that this will get alot uglier before, or if, it gets better.

I really want to thank everyone for their support over the years. We have been putting on matchs since IDPAs inception and have met alot of great people throughout the years. We sure couldn't have been able to do this without all the help and support. THANK Y'ALL!!
Link Posted: 6/23/2003 7:37:15 AM EDT
[#1]
Mike, I just put the email you sent out into the carbine match thread I posted last week.

I'm very sorry to hear about what happened at the range!  This is pretty devastating!  Rebuilding everything is going to take some serious work, and considerable time...

Like I mentioned, I'm sure many of us will want to help out, so we can get TexasTactical up and running again.  I'm sure everyone appreciates the work you do to bring us all the matches you put on, and we enjoy them immensely.  

Please, feel free to ask us for any assistance... I'm sure everyone will do what they can to help out.

M@
Link Posted: 6/23/2003 9:06:48 AM EDT
[#2]
Let me know if you need anything.  I can't weld or anything like that, but I've had a hellofalotta fun in the limited time I've gone to these matches, and want to continue.

-Zmeja
Link Posted: 6/23/2003 10:13:47 AM EDT
[#3]
Was that at blackhawk?
Link Posted: 6/23/2003 1:32:47 PM EDT
[#4]
I don't think so. I was just at Blackhawk Sunday, but only on the rifle range.

Let me know if ya need any help Tex, I've done a little bit of arc welding and stuff like that. Sorry to hear the bad news.
Link Posted: 6/23/2003 6:49:33 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
Also after talking to the Sheriffs Deputy and a spokesman for the Company, it sounds like it is going to be a difficult and time consuming process to recover our losses. It definetely seems to me that this will get alot uglier before, or if, it gets better.

What is the name of the company that did it? Perhaps if enough of us know and contact them they'll decide to make it right.
Link Posted: 6/24/2003 6:02:29 AM EDT
[#6]
So what I heard was the owner of the property is a little nutty. Long story short, he hired the company to bulldoze the range. Is this correct?
Link Posted: 6/24/2003 6:22:55 AM EDT
[#7]
Symtex, you might be thinking of Hill Country Rifle Range.  Different range.  THAT range's owner is a nutbag tinfoil hat wearing mofo.  VERY strange.

The range that got hosed was the one out in Johnson City.  I don't know who it belongs to.  According to Mike's note, the property owner gave a company permission to remove some dirt from some OTHER area of the property.  My guess is, the guys who where supposed to do it got lazy and just decided to mangle the berms instead.  

Whatever they did, they screwed up.  You don't go to a range and plow the berms.  I hope this is rectified quickly.  
Link Posted: 6/24/2003 6:25:32 AM EDT
[#8]
I hope you guys sue the shit of them.
Sorry to hear about all this.
Link Posted: 6/24/2003 9:08:19 AM EDT
[#9]
Post the name of the company that did this.  Lets see if they are incorporated ot if they are a sole proprietorship and the owner's assets are directly liable for any judgments.
Link Posted: 6/24/2003 1:13:31 PM EDT
[#10]
Matt, I really appreciate you getting the word out again and for the offers of help. It seems I have been on the phone non stop since this thing started. Currently I'm no closer to a resolution.

Quoted:
Mike, I just put the email you sent out into the carbine match thread I posted last week.

I'm very sorry to hear about what happened at the range!  This is pretty devastating!  Rebuilding everything is going to take some serious work, and considerable time...

Like I mentioned, I'm sure many of us will want to help out, so we can get TexasTactical up and running again.  I'm sure everyone appreciates the work you do to bring us all the matches you put on, and we enjoy them immensely.  

Please, feel free to ask us for any assistance... I'm sure everyone will do what they can to help out.

M@

Link Posted: 6/24/2003 1:16:09 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:
Let me know if you need anything.  I can't weld or anything like that, but I've had a hellofalotta fun in the limited time I've gone to these matches, and want to continue.

-Zmeja

Trey, thanks for coming out Saturday, sorry everyone drove up there for nothing. I appreciate the offer of help we may just have to take people up on their offers this time.

Link Posted: 6/24/2003 1:20:55 PM EDT
[#12]
LDB and SC-TEXAS, Good idea. At the present time I am trying to give the people who did this the opportunity to step up and do the right thing. If they don't (seeming more unlikekly the longer this goes)then I might consider unleashing the wrath and fury of our mighty ARFCOM ARMY!!
Link Posted: 6/24/2003 1:21:52 PM EDT
[#13]
I really appreciate everyones support so far! Thanks
Link Posted: 6/24/2003 2:21:18 PM EDT
[#14]
I have been to afew a the matches and really enjoyed them.

Keep us up to date if you need a cash or labor to help rebuild as I am willing to help out in either capacity.

James
Austin, Texas
Link Posted: 6/24/2003 3:04:49 PM EDT
[#15]
Here is the message I just sent out to our group.

Wow! I have been inundated with emails and phone
calls from well wishers. I want to thank everyone
for there kind messages.

I have also recieved a few offers of financial
help. My initial reaction to these offers was
"dang, what an extremely nice gesture but I can't
accept". My thoughts were, that I have never
accepted any kind of charity in my life and never
would. However, after talking to several people
and even arguing about accepting financial
donations. I have been convinced to swallow my
pride and do what's best for the Texas Tactical
shooters. So........(swallowing hard) if you
would like to make a donation to help replace the
equipment that was destroyed so that we can get
back to putting on matches A.S.A.P., our address
is:

Texas Tactical
13030 Blanco Rd #718
San Antonio, Texas
(please make checks out to Jennifer Wilson)

Once again thank y'all for your support it's a
wonderful thing to see everyone come together in
a time like this.

Sincerely
Michael "Iron Mike" Webb

Link Posted: 6/24/2003 3:13:25 PM EDT
[#16]
so were are ya'll located? i can weld, do some carpentry, and i'm handy with a shovel. if your an hour or two from corpus christi, i'd be willing to give a hand over a weekend or two, just in the name of shooting sports.
do you have a lease agreement with the land owner?
he might be liable too if he told them to bulldoze it. but with out a written lease agreement your best bet is have every body here call the dozer company and say they had time and money invested, and would like materials donated for compensation.
BwH
Link Posted: 6/24/2003 3:14:46 PM EDT
[#17]
so were are ya'll located? i can weld, do some carpentry, and i'm handy with a shovel. if your an hour or two from corpus christi, i'd be willing to give a hand over a weekend or two, just in the name of shooting sports.
do you have a lease agreement with the land owner?
he might be liable too if he told them to bulldoze it. but with out a written lease agreement your best bet is have every body here call the dozer company and say they had time and money invested, and would like materials donated for compensation.
BwH
Link Posted: 6/24/2003 9:19:06 PM EDT
[#18]
Mike,

I don't consider it a donation at all.  You have to replace the target stands and other things from time to time, and unfortunately, this time you have to replace many at once.

We all benefit from good, functional equipment.  

As for the berms and such, is the landowner willing to make it right and build them back?

-Zmeja
Link Posted: 6/26/2003 8:18:45 AM EDT
[#19]
I learned last night that the owner is out of town and won't be back for a week.....it just gets better and better. LOL

Wow! I have been inundated with emails and phone
calls from well wishers. I want to thank everyone
for there kind messages.

I have also recieved a few offers of financial
help. My initial reaction to these offers was
"dang, what an extremely nice gesture but I can't
accept". My thoughts were, that I have never
accepted any kind of charity in my life and never
would. However, after talking to several people
and even arguing about accepting financial
donations. I have been convinced to swallow my
pride and do what's best for the Texas Tactical
shooters. So........(swallowing hard) if you
would like to make a donation to help replace the
equipment that was destroyed so that we can get
back to putting on matches A.S.A.P., our address
is:

Texas Tactical
13030 Blanco Rd #718
San Antonio, Texas 78216
(please make checks out to Jennifer Wilson)

Some people have requested that we set up a PAYPAL account.
So If you would prefer to use PAYPAl
our account is:

[email protected]

Once again thank y'all for your support it's a
wonderful thing to see everyone come together in
a time like this.
Link Posted: 6/26/2003 11:41:38 AM EDT
[#20]
Glad you enjoyed yourself JB!
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top