Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 9/19/2005 5:18:58 PM EDT
SO -  TEXAS HURRICANE

Is the GOV going to pay to rebuild the peoples houses that get torn up?
Is the GOV going to pay for their  (1st year) of rent in a place to stay if their house gets torn up?
Is the GOV going to give them $2000.  debit cards?
Is the GOV going to get blamed and the people say they are OWED something?

WAIT AND SEE--------

Lets see what happens when it hits..  
It is only FAIR to take care of these people the same way....

Hey - NEXT TIME their is an EarthQuake in CALIF. isn't it only fair to pay for those people, too?
Hey - If houses get torn up in the FLOR. KEYS - Isn't only FAIR that the GOV pay for their houses and debit cards and (1st year rent) too ????

SICK of this ENTITLEMENT S*** ALREADY..........
now the door is open for everyone to say :
- YOU OWE ME !!!!!!

AM I the onle one who thinks/feels this way ????[size=3
Link Posted: 9/19/2005 5:35:49 PM EDT
[#1]
+1 one on the entitlements,  I live here in Houston and saw a few idiots the other day who had one of those Red Cross Debit Cards and tried to buy beer and cigarettes with it.  Now, I like beer and have been known to smoke a few when drinking, but isn't it a little stupid to use goverment money to buy shit you really don't need?
Link Posted: 9/19/2005 5:38:32 PM EDT
[#2]
I saw a lady use her 2000 debit card to buy a tv, a big tv.  She then moved it to her free gov't housing, which I found out later, is nicer than my current housing.  
Link Posted: 9/19/2005 5:54:39 PM EDT
[#3]
Someone also told me a "story" about a woman  who bought an $800 purse with her card.  I think this is bullshit.  There should be certain places and certain things that these cards are good for.  Kinda like getting a WIC check (for those of you who don't know, WIC stands for Women Infants and children and the checks are given to underpriveleged mothers for their children) these checks are only good for approved Items at the super market.  

Somebody needs to slam the hammer down on these yahoos for mis-using government  funds.

Just my .02
Link Posted: 9/19/2005 6:35:35 PM EDT
[#4]
Marine2f2

+1 one on the entitlements, I live here in Houston and saw a few idiots the other day who had one of those Red Cross Debit Cards and tried to buy beer and cigarettes with it. Now, I like beer and have been known to smoke a few when drinking, but isn't it a little stupid to use goverment money to buy shit you really don't need?

Why not ? Congress does it all the time
Link Posted: 9/19/2005 7:30:42 PM EDT
[#5]
Let the REDCROSS mess up and give me a $2000.00 debit card....I need to fill up my 4X4, and buy AMMO!
Link Posted: 9/19/2005 8:10:58 PM EDT
[#6]
+1 on the AMMO
Link Posted: 9/19/2005 8:55:53 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
Someone also told me a "story" about a woman  who bought an $800 purse with her card.  I think this is bullshit.  There should be certain places and certain things that these cards are good for.  Kinda like getting a WIC check (for those of you who don't know, WIC stands for Women Infants and children and the checks are given to underpriveleged mothers for their children) these checks are only good for approved Items at the super market.  

Somebody needs to slam the hammer down on these yahoos for mis-using government  funds.

Just my .02

A good ex-employee of mine told me that while he was working in the mall on Sunday he was approached by a group of 4 NOLA asking if someone wanted to buy the cards they had for cash.  He also told me that he saw a person that was iwith the group buying stuff at Coach and showing her "friends" what she got for "free".  
This kid would not make this up.  The Coach store is like 15 feet from where he works and always full of hotties so everyone keeps an eye on the place if ya know what I mean
I am just ready to be done with all of this.
Link Posted: 9/20/2005 2:51:24 AM EDT
[#8]
Yeah, I am really watching This Hurricane, but having been through them before, I will be watching the aftermath as well. Because My wife is VERY pregnate, I will have to get her and the kids out of town. If the Hurricane hits here, I will need that Debt card for $2000.  Stand in line for ice, stand in line for MY $2000 debt card.
If I am lucky, I can go through the line twice and get $4000 like I have herd people from NO are doing here in Houston.
Also, I will wait for the local government to come in and clean up my house after the storm, I will be too busy spending my newly aquired $4000.00 while I am bitching that 'No One is doing anything to help me'.

Maybe if we are lucky, they will start handing the debt cards out tomarrow here in the Hoston Area.

Link Posted: 9/20/2005 5:12:53 AM EDT
[#9]
i have people staying with me and think they need to leave.

they recieve all this free money and splurge on dumb shit! buying stuff we dont even buy regardless of situation.

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top