Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Site Notices
9/22/2017 12:11:25 AM
Posted: 2/16/2006 5:14:11 PM EDT
man just paid my yearly taxes, least it wasn't as bad as the total I had to pay last year, but it sure did cut into my fun fund this year.
Link Posted: 2/16/2006 5:36:04 PM EDT
Dude, that sucks! I hate for anyone to have to pay in.
Link Posted: 2/16/2006 5:47:59 PM EDT
I get raped for sure being single with no kids in my tax bracket But I pay in plenty during the year that I usually get some back during tax time
Link Posted: 2/16/2006 7:26:22 PM EDT
Don't forget that the IRS has ruled that we have to declare the tax rebate we got as "income", it's so stupid it's not even funny, we already paid taxes on that money once!
Link Posted: 2/16/2006 7:33:32 PM EDT
I have had to pay in every year for the last 12yrs. Even used to have to borrow $$ to pay before, that sucks. As far as the TAX Rebate, its a joke. Haven't even received ours and they don't even show us listed to receive it. F%&#^k em.
Link Posted: 2/16/2006 7:36:55 PM EDT
I have been seriously thinking about forming a corporation for tax reasons. ANd NFA reasons to
Link Posted: 2/16/2006 7:41:43 PM EDT
I got $3k back. I ordered a DSA STG58 Para Carbine.....
Link Posted: 2/16/2006 8:38:46 PM EDT
So you loaned $3,000 to the government for up to a year, interest free, they love that!
Link Posted: 2/16/2006 8:39:57 PM EDT
Yeah, the best "tax return" you could file is the one where you owe the IRS a single dollar.
Link Posted: 2/16/2006 9:15:56 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 2/16/2006 9:39:22 PM EDT by SIG_220]

Originally Posted By Wingman26:
So you loaned $3,000 to the government for up to a year, interest free, they love that!

Well sorta... More like I loaned half that. I lucked out in that my son was born December 21st, 2005. My income is actually completely loan money for living costs. It was from my wifes job. I'm in Dental School and it doesn't allow time for work unfortunately.
Link Posted: 2/16/2006 9:27:56 PM EDT
Ah, EIC...and maybe a little CTC.
Link Posted: 2/16/2006 9:39:50 PM EDT

Originally Posted By Sister:
Ah, EIC...and maybe a little CTC.

I have no idea what you just said.
Link Posted: 2/16/2006 10:04:02 PM EDT
I take it you didn't fill out your own tax paperwork.

EIC=Earned Income Credit (aka: cake for the masses)
CTC=Child Tax Credit (aka: icing)
Link Posted: 2/16/2006 10:19:26 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 2/16/2006 10:22:02 PM EDT by SIG_220]

I take it you didn't fill out your own tax paperwork.

EIC=Earned Income Credit (aka: cake for the masses)
CTC=Child Tax Credit (aka: icing)

Nope my wife used Turbo Tax. I haven't done my taxes in probably 6 years. I know how but my wife has done it for me since I met her. She likes to do it for some strange reason. Works for me.
Link Posted: 2/16/2006 11:16:52 PM EDT
last time I did my own taxes, I got audited and had to pay out the yingyang, now I take them to my friendly CPA and let him take care of the paperwork.
Link Posted: 2/17/2006 12:20:57 AM EDT

Originally Posted By 1dreamer:
I have had to pay in every year for the last 12yrs. Even used to have to borrow $$ to pay before, that sucks. As far as the TAX Rebate, its a joke. Haven't even received ours and they don't even show us listed to receive it. F%&#^k em.

I never got a check either, and how do you find out if you are supposed to get one?

I was under the impression if you filed taxes in Oklahoma in 2005 you got a check?
Link Posted: 2/17/2006 1:20:41 AM EDT
Link Posted: 2/17/2006 3:08:07 AM EDT

Linky.

Thank you,

Problem found and corrected.

You see about 4 years ago, I had my address changed by force, I had no choice, we had to go to a county wide 911 address, a bunch of bull shit.

Well the state mailed the check to my old address, same damn house, same damn location, and the post office returned the check to the state as un deliverable.

BULL SHIT, why I say that?

Becouse when I get my mail with my new 911 address on it, the top piece of mail is still marked with the OLD RURAL ROUTE NUMBER written by the carrier.

Link Posted: 2/17/2006 7:07:58 AM EDT

Originally Posted By 1shott:

Linky.

Thank you,

Problem found and corrected.

You see about 4 years ago, I had my address changed by force, I had no choice, we had to go to a county wide 911 address, a bunch of bull shit.

Well the state mailed the check to my old address, same damn house, same damn location, and the post office returned the check to the state as un deliverable.

BULL SHIT, why I say that?

Becouse when I get my mail with my new 911 address on it, the top piece of mail is still marked with the OLD RURAL ROUTE NUMBER written by the carrier.

HaHaHa!, I went through the same when I got a street #, getting mail, pizza and cable tv sucks when you live in the sticks, and I'll add getting the roads sanded when its icey is a real hassle too.
Link Posted: 2/17/2006 8:54:01 AM EDT
Let me get up on my soap box......

Taxes, a form of punishment to us who are doing well in life, a free pay check to those who don't do to well in life.

It erks me to no end seeing people get back earned income credit checks for $3000-$6000 dollars!! I see it all the time.

Take a single guy who makes about $30,000 a year well he ends up paying in about 35% of that which is $10,500 leaving him with $19,500 to spend........

Ok some single momma who has 3 kids working at Mickey D's earns roughly $15,800 a year (given she is working 40 hours) She will end up getting back about $4000 earned income credit!!
Giving her about $19,800 to spend........

The more we make the more we are taxed! I think the government wants us all to be pretty close to equal on disposable income........

Ok, off my soapbox now.
Link Posted: 2/17/2006 10:07:14 AM EDT

Originally Posted By ChickenKiller:

The more we make the more we are taxed! I think the government wants us all to be pretty close to equal on disposable income........

Ok, off my soapbox now.

just figuring that one out CK?, next you'll be telling us you done seen a BigFoot, cougar or UFO in oklahoma
Link Posted: 2/17/2006 10:13:39 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 2/17/2006 10:15:28 AM EDT by SIG_220]

Taxes, a form of punishment to us who are doing well in life, a free pay check to those who don't do to well in life.

It erks me to no end seeing people get back earned income credit checks for $3000-$6000 dollars!! I see it all the time.

Take a single guy who makes about $30,000 a year well he ends up paying in about 35% of that which is $10,500 leaving him with $19,500 to spend........

Ok some single momma who has 3 kids working at Mickey D's earns roughly $15,800 a year (given she is working 40 hours) She will end up getting back about $4000 earned income credit!!

Ok, off my soapbox now.

I agree with you, but I'm still happy when I get a check for $3k regardless. When I am a dentist I think it will be a yearly upsetting experience.

Although we have a class with speakers all the time and last week we had an accountant speak. He told us all sorts of ways to get deductions that almost even seemed shady but are perfectly legal.

He even said we can pay our kids up to $5k a year (I think for each kid but I could be wrong) doing various tasks at the office and that it will stay tax free as long as it is under $5k a year. Then I can use it as a deduction. All the while putting it in an account for them to use for school, etc later in life. He said it can start as early as they can smile by paying them a modeling fee for being in a brochure etc!!

Some of the stuff that I don't remember the specifics on really sounded shady but like I said it was all legal ways to get deductions.
Link Posted: 2/17/2006 10:35:11 AM EDT

Originally Posted By SIG_220:

Ok, off my soapbox now.

I agree with you, but I'm still happy when I get a check for $3k regardless. When I am a dentist I think it will be a yearly upsetting experience.

Although we have a class with speakers all the time and last week we had an accountant speak. He told us all sorts of ways to get deductions that almost even seemed shady but are perfectly legal.

He even said we can pay our kids up to $5k a year (I think for each kid but I could be wrong) doing various tasks at the office and that it will stay tax free as long as it is under $5k a year. Then I can use it as a deduction. All the while putting it in an account for them to use for school, etc later in life. He said it can start as early as they can smile by paying them a modeling fee for being in a brochure etc!!

Some of the stuff that I don't remember the specifics on really sounded shady but like I said it was all legal ways to get deductions.

man theres so many ways to cheat the taxes thing with buisinesses, my buddy has to buy a new truck/car and tractor every year, sometimes two of each to keep from paying out the ass, hell last time I was at his house the yard looked like a used heavy equip. and truck lot, he moves the equip. pretty fast, I'd try to buy one of the cars off of him, but most of the vehicals got less than 60k on them and he'd want way more than I'm willing to spend, I can let him set on them for a bit and get him to sell me one when he's drunk.
Top Top