Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Site Notices
9/22/2017 12:11:25 AM
Posted: 6/11/2003 4:39:33 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 7/2/2003 12:17:41 PM EDT by JAFO]
I just got off the phone with Daniel Tanner. Here is the Deal.
$74.00per case of 20 shipped to me in Seattle

Do the math that is $3.70 each, a hell of a price, the only catch he wants to be able to do a six case minimum. that is a grand total of $444.00
What do you guys think? I will collect the money and distribute the Tannerite just like I did on the SA battle packs.

Here is the list:

Bigscrun +1
2WP +1
Skillets/Erex +1

We need to get to 6 cases before I can order at that price.

Edited to remove board code from Subject line. JAFO
Link Posted: 6/11/2003 4:42:50 PM EDT
dude, just a word of warning, on my group buy I bought six cases and he shipped it and shipped the catalyst in bulk, that means i had to separate out the catalyst into equal parts to distribute the cases.

LWC
Link Posted: 6/12/2003 7:07:56 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 6/12/2003 7:08:17 AM EDT by 2whiskeyP]

Originally Posted By lostwildcat:
dude, just a word of warning, on my group buy I bought six cases and he shipped it and shipped the catalyst in bulk, that means i had to separate out the catalyst into equal parts to distribute the cases.

LWC

Me too. It wasn't too difficult though. But I would bet that if you asked he would most likely not have a problem putting it in case amounts instead.
Link Posted: 6/12/2003 2:12:36 PM EDT
OK don't just everyone step up at the same time. Check out this stuff at:

www.Tannerite.com

Link Posted: 6/13/2003 10:10:37 AM EDT
[sound of arm twisting]OK, go ahead and put me down for a case.[/sound of arm twisting] I also E-mailed a friend of mine to see if he wants one. I'll let you know what he says.

I can't believe more people are not jumping on this offer. It is for a great product at a great price! Come on guys, lets get six ordered up.
Link Posted: 6/15/2003 12:11:56 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 6/15/2003 12:47:46 PM EDT by wjshark]
I'm in for a case. IM me with details.

Edited to add: Sorry I had done search on group buys and came across this thread. I didn't realize this was in a hometown board. Does that mean you are only looking for buyers in WA?

Link Posted: 6/15/2003 11:43:28 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 6/15/2003 11:45:06 PM EDT by CavVet]
So is this the "case" materials?

www.tannerite.com/she_exploding_targets.html

And are these bottles the targets?

I am kinda interested, have heard a LOT of oohs and aahs about tannerite, but never done any....

Thanks!
Link Posted: 6/16/2003 1:10:38 AM EDT
Link Posted: 6/16/2003 10:59:29 AM EDT
What did 2WhiskeyP find out about the videos? Not sure they are included in EVERY case.

Just clarifying. I would not want one anyway.
Link Posted: 6/16/2003 5:17:17 PM EDT
He did not send any with our buy just because of the "good deal". However, now that we figured out how to use the stuff it really isn't a huge deal IMO. Anyone with any ?'s about it just ask here. We've blown enough of it up to be able to answer most I believe.
Link Posted: 6/18/2003 9:17:16 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 6/18/2003 9:17:45 AM EDT by 2whiskeyP]
OK, we are getting down to noodles and roses as far as getting and order together to have it delivered in time for the pit shoot. My buddy only wanted a half case so I think that is only 2.5 cases at this point. Not enough to get the great price break that Daniel offered us.

This stuff is fantastic fun! For any of you guys that have never seen it, trust me, you will love it. Anyway, don't miss this opportunity to get it at a very good price before the feds figure out how to take this away from us too!!
Link Posted: 6/19/2003 6:20:03 AM EDT
Man oh man.....If the man hadnt issued the "no more group buys except this one" I woulda forgot all about this one....Gettin old is a bitch....

Um, yes, I want one....Hell yes.

Let me know how you want the money....

And since they said this is time sensitive....IBTMFL

I cant believe we cant, as a group of guys who know each other, go in on shit here...I understood the original group buy moratorium was to limit ripoffs, hell, everyone here has shot with everyone here till we are 6degrees of seperation. Ripoffs would be suicidal to social shooting privlidges. Oh well...Everyone out, someone pissed int he pool and screwed it up for everyone...
Link Posted: 6/19/2003 6:49:57 AM EDT

Originally Posted By CavVet:
I understood the original group buy moratorium was to limit ripoffs, hell, everyone here has shot with everyone here till we are 6degrees of seperation. Ripoffs would be suicidal to social shooting privlidges.

Good point CavVet. Anyone try anything like that in WA and they would have to suffer the wrath! Even when I did my buy on tannerite a few months ago, one guy changed his mind after I bought it (I didn't coll $ first) but said he would take it anyway if I couldn't unload it to somebody else. I ended up keeping the whole extra case anyway just because the stuff is so KOOOOL!
Link Posted: 6/19/2003 7:19:28 AM EDT
2WhiskeyP,

Since the most Daniel ships in a box is 40units, (usually 20) you might be able to get a few cases sent to another address (in another state), they could pay you.

Don't separate the catalyst in the house. I made that mistake, messy stuff and hard to get out of carpeting!

Link Posted: 6/19/2003 7:25:51 AM EDT
Link Posted: 6/19/2003 7:36:43 AM EDT
We can meet up on Saturday at the WAC show if thats cool and I can get some $ from you guys, then I will order on it all on Monday.
Link Posted: 6/19/2003 8:27:02 AM EDT

Originally Posted By Boomholzer:
2WhiskeyP,

Since the most Daniel ships in a box is 40units, (usually 20) you might be able to get a few cases sent to another address (in another state), they could pay you.

Don't separate the catalyst in the house. I made that mistake, messy stuff and hard to get out of carpeting!

I got 6 cases last time with only 2 big cans of the catylist. Wasn't too hard IMO to separate into several smaller ones. I did it out in the wellhouse though so no carpet to worry about!
Link Posted: 6/19/2003 8:52:56 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 6/19/2003 8:55:44 AM EDT by 2whiskeyP]

Originally Posted By bigscrun:

Here is the list:

Bigscrun +1
2WP +1
Skillets/Erex +1

Stokes +1 (2 if needed)
CavVet +1

tailwheel 1/2 case (waiting for confirmation!)

Link Posted: 6/19/2003 10:11:17 AM EDT
If I actually had some hrs at work I would be interested but I don't think I'll have the money by the time you need to place the order
:(
Link Posted: 6/19/2003 11:12:06 AM EDT

Originally Posted By gtcrispy:
If I actually had some hrs at work I would be interested but I don't think I'll have the money by the time you need to place the order
:(

Beg or borrow but don't steal! At least see if you can come up with $37 for a half case. That would fill our need for 6 cases!(assuming tailwheel comes through!)
Link Posted: 6/19/2003 11:30:20 AM EDT
I'll take 2 cases, 2&1/2 if you need to round the order out to whole cases. It's not likely that I'll be able to make the gunshow on Saturday, so IM or E-Mail me the details and where I can send a check or money order and I'll have it the mail ASAP.

Thanks,
Greg
Link Posted: 6/19/2003 11:31:12 AM EDT
WE'RE IN!!!

Schweet!! Now let's get this thing on the road!
Link Posted: 6/19/2003 11:33:05 AM EDT
I'll do a 1/2 case.
Link Posted: 6/19/2003 11:41:47 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 6/19/2003 11:44:31 AM EDT by 2whiskeyP]

Originally Posted By 2whiskeyP:

Here is the list:

Bigscrun +1
2WP +1
Skillets/Erex +1

Stokes +1
CavVet +1
Boomer +2
gtcrispy +1/2

tailwheel 1/2 case (waiting for confirmation!)

I come up with a total of 8! Thanks bigscrun!
Link Posted: 6/19/2003 11:51:59 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 6/19/2003 11:54:03 AM EDT by bigscrun]
Let's do it

Paypal me the $ to: Bryanz1@hotmail.com

$74.00+3%=$76.22
$37.00+3%=$38.11

or IM me and I will give you my address to mail me money/cahiers' checks, etc.

I will order on Monday morning, that should get the Tannerite to me be Thursday at the latest. I am hoping that everyone ordering is going to the shoot so I can just bring it down to you.

Stokes, GTcrispy, Boomer are all you guys gonna make it down to Chehalis?
Link Posted: 6/19/2003 12:06:50 PM EDT
No, I can't make the Chehalis shoot, either. One of these days the timing will work out for me, but I've just got too many irons the fire right now.

As far as getting the Tannerite to me, Boomholzer indicated that the Tannerite is shipped in a maximum quantity of two cases. So being as I'm in for two cases, my first preference would be to see if arrangements could be made to have it shipped directly to me. If that is not feasible or practical, then we could probably set up a relay of sorts with one of the north Puget Sound members planning to attend the shoot. Maybe I could work something out with CavVet, I think he lives somewhere near my current worksite.
Link Posted: 6/19/2003 12:10:10 PM EDT

Let's do it

Paypal me the $ to: Bryanz1@hotmail.com

$74.00+3%=$76.22
$37.00+3%=$38.11

or IM me and I will give you my address to mail me money/cahiers' checks, etc.

Or meet at the gunshow, right bigscrun?
Link Posted: 6/19/2003 12:50:04 PM EDT
Not looking like I can make Chehalis. My stupid RRA lower is still backordered and even though he said it would be 2weeks he still doesn't have his shipment in. Looks like I wouldn't even have a rifle for it :( Do you live in Seattle? If it hard I'm sure we could meet up somewhere.
Link Posted: 6/19/2003 12:55:03 PM EDT

Originally Posted By gtcrispy:
Not looking like I can make Chehalis. My stupid RRA lower is still backordered and even though he said it would be 2weeks he still doesn't have his shipment in. Looks like I wouldn't even have a rifle for it :(

Not a valid reason to miss the shoot! There will be plenty of guns to shoot. Just bring some ammo for your favorite caliber and somebody will let you fire some off.
Link Posted: 6/19/2003 1:27:05 PM EDT

Originally Posted By Boomer:
No, I can't make the Chehalis shoot, either.

Read, my sorry ass Jeep wont make it.

Maybe I could work something out with CavVet, I think he lives somewhere near my current worksite.

Read maybe his REAL Jeep Liberty could take care of this mission.

my first preference would be to see if arrangements could be made to have it shipped directly to me.

IF that would work, they can ship mine to you too, OR the relay game as I wont be at the shoot either.
Link Posted: 6/20/2003 9:27:25 AM EDT
bigscrun, are you going to be at the gunshow at a certain time in order for some of these folks to pay you for these?
Link Posted: 6/20/2003 8:27:47 PM EDT
Link Posted: 6/20/2003 9:12:03 PM EDT
I will be at the show at 9:00-9:30ish. Look for the fat white guy. Oh wait that is 2/3's the attendees. You'll find me. Go check in with stokes I will pop in and out of his area.
Link Posted: 6/27/2003 12:53:37 AM EDT
Any updates? Status?
Link Posted: 6/27/2003 7:13:41 AM EDT
Yea bigscrun, did you get, "the shipment" yet?
Link Posted: 6/27/2003 8:17:44 AM EDT
not yet Iam praying for this afternoon.
Link Posted: 6/27/2003 8:49:01 AM EDT

not yet Iam praying for this afternoon.

Just call Daniel and he'll give you the tracking numbers. UPS.com makes it real easy to find out if they will be there today or if there is some kind of problem delivering them.

I hope the make it in time for the pit shoot. Tannerite is the most fun since they put strawberry flavored whipped cream in a can!
Link Posted: 6/27/2003 3:33:17 PM EDT
I just found this board!

Can someone tell me what Tannerite is and what it does or what is it good for?

Thanx,
Doug
Link Posted: 6/27/2003 3:56:34 PM EDT

Originally Posted By Milspec-AR:
I just found this board!

Thanx,
Doug

Check this link: Exploding Targets
Link Posted: 6/29/2003 9:56:20 PM EDT
OK guys I got everyones Tannerite here. I need to unpack and clean up from this weekend, so give me a day or two and I will start dividing up the cases between those who paid. Any ?'s just IM me or call. Thanks-Bryan
Link Posted: 6/30/2003 6:38:11 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 6/30/2003 6:40:21 PM EDT by Phil_in_Seattle]

Originally Posted By Milspec-AR:
Thanx,
Doug

Mix a little of the grey powder with a lot of the white powder, put it in to a plastic bottle, set way down range. Shoot it and presto!

Link Posted: 7/2/2003 7:22:17 AM EDT
I'll take a half case if there is still some around.

I will paypal you the money once you tell me availability - thanks.
Link Posted: 7/2/2003 9:36:38 AM EDT
Sorry it is all spoken for. We probably won't be doing another buy for awhile. I will let you know, though. You can contact Daniel Tanner at Tannerite, let him know that you are from AR15.com and he will take care of you.

www.tannerite.com
Link Posted: 7/8/2003 3:25:15 PM EDT
When can I get me 1/2 case of tannerite?
Top Top