Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 3/31/2006 1:55:20 PM EDT
Link Posted: 3/31/2006 2:13:03 PM EDT
[#1]
I desinged LCR's fire fighting grounds after a research trip up to TAMU's fire training grounds. Pretty damn neat stuff, they just had to keep holding on to me to stop moving away from the evolutions
Link Posted: 3/31/2006 2:30:08 PM EDT
[#2]
GI Brat..... I will be there, cause I work there.
We burned the new Project #34....Chemical Complex this afternoon.  Three decks of over 22 flammable and LPG leaks and fire.  Fun stuff!

And Harris County is here this weekend....over 400 people...using the entire complex.  Plus USAR is conducting an Operational Readiness Exercise in Disaster City.

And make sure you check out the new LNG prop....I have a BP class scheduled then.
10,000 gallons of LNG...neat stuff.

Look me up....I am in Bldg #70, by the marine/ship project.

TexasAg
Link Posted: 4/3/2006 4:14:29 AM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 4/3/2006 5:15:47 AM EDT
[#4]
Man you guys have all the Fun....
Link Posted: 4/3/2006 5:57:52 AM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 4/3/2006 8:40:51 AM EDT
[#6]
i'll be up here but it'll be for class and work.  If y'all decide to run by the gun shop I'll most likely be there
Link Posted: 4/3/2006 2:19:43 PM EDT
[#7]
My late grandfather was safety foreman at Shell refinery in Illinois.  They sent him to the A&M fire school at some point, probably in the 60's.  He did a lot of interesting things during his life, and loved to talk about them, but he always got a special glint in his eye when he talked about that fire school.  

Have a good time!
Link Posted: 4/3/2006 3:13:01 PM EDT
[#8]
Hopefully I can be there during the summer, as I'll be done with Paramedic school then.
I had a blast last summer.
Link Posted: 4/3/2006 5:23:55 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:

Quoted:
GI Brat..... I will be there, cause I work there.
We burned the new Project #34....Chemical Complex this afternoon.  Three decks of over 22 flammable and LPG leaks and fire.  Fun stuff!

And Harris County is here this weekend....over 400 people...using the entire complex.  Plus USAR is conducting an Operational Readiness Exercise in Disaster City.

And make sure you check out the new LNG prop....I have a BP class scheduled then.
10,000 gallons of LNG...neat stuff.

Look me up....I am in Bldg #70, by the marine/ship project.

TexasAg

I'm from the BP Texas City Refinery, I'll see you there!

I was an instructor on the Chem Complex during Harris County Field Day for about 10 years.  Last year was about 3 years ago.

Best project on the field, especially when the wind is blowing and the flying chunks of Fireball ice come raingin down on the lower levels!!!  
Link Posted: 4/3/2006 7:02:56 PM EDT
[#10]
My father-in-law will be there and then heading up here to visit us and his grandkids.  He's been doing commercial firefighting since Moby Dick was a minnow on the Houston Ship Channel, and I believe he's an instructor.  I don't want to say more than that out of respect for his privacy and mine.

Remember the Alamo, and God Bless Texas...
Link Posted: 4/5/2006 6:16:24 PM EDT
[#11]
The fire school is a truely awesome place to work.  The students, guest instructors, staff, and people that travel here from all over the world, make it a great learning environment.
Many, many hard-working, dedicated people have contributed their time, sweat, and knowledge since 1929, to make it great.  
Here are a couple of pics: aerial industrial cooler project and some Texas turnout gear...

Link Posted: 4/5/2006 6:20:11 PM EDT
[#12]
Harris County personnel working on the ship project....

Ship Starboard spill pan fire...
Link Posted: 4/5/2006 6:51:44 PM EDT
[#13]
PLASTIXPLUS...here is pic of the new Chemical Complex....we test burned it last Friday.......five leak points burning in this photo....EIII fuel & LPG.... it has 22 leak points......
Link Posted: 4/5/2006 7:06:19 PM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:
PLASTIXPLUS...here is pic of the new Chemical Complex....we test burned it last Friday.......five leak points burning in this photo....EIII fuel & LPG.... it has 22 leak points......
www.gunsnet.net/album/data//500/7004Ind_chem_complex1_edited-med.JPG

totally changed!!!!  no pit in the bottom anymore and no right side stairs.  Looks waaaay cool though!
Link Posted: 4/5/2006 8:51:21 PM EDT
[#15]
Hey AG, where do you shoot at?  And it's nice seeing all of the guests in at work.  It's funny how they always find the gun range even if they're from out of town.
Link Posted: 4/6/2006 4:25:34 AM EDT
[#16]
Link Posted: 4/6/2006 5:02:28 AM EDT
[#17]
As cool as it will always be, you just cant beat the burns from 10 years ago when they werent concerned about having to use "clean burn" fuels. Nothing like standing infront of a fully involverd loading terminal and the fire reaches out over your head and wraps back in behind you!!!!!   All I can say is don't run or your ass gets toasted!!!!!!! then fired!!!!
Link Posted: 4/6/2006 6:03:13 AM EDT
[#18]
Link Posted: 4/7/2006 2:36:15 PM EDT
[#19]
Woo Hoo...great pics GI Brat.  I remember when we used to slightly burn the paint off the loading terminal shelter.....and yep, we got in trouble for it too.

BadSVT.... I usually shoot at the Allcorn Creek Range..... http://www.allcorncreek.com

It is a private range....but open to the public......4-33yd pistol bays (you can use rifles too), trap skeet, sporting clays, and a 100 yd rifle range.  Rapid fire okay.  
The rifle range is closed for upgrades right now....call Vince or Shannon and ask.
Bryan - Allcorn Creek Sporting Club LLC, 11744 Wrong Rd., Bryan, TX 77808.
Phone: (979) 589-1298
Facilities include: Outdoor Pistol (33 yds.), Outdoor Rifle (100 yds.), Muzzleloading, Trap, Skeet, Sporting Clays

Or you can go to Arrowmoon Range,  it is about halfway to Hearn off Hwy 6.  No rapid fire, etc.
Bryan - Arrowhead Shooting Range, 11 Miles N. of Bryan, off Highway 6, Bryan, TX 77807.
Phone: 979-279-9402
Facilities include: Outdoor Pistol (3,7,15 & 25 yds), Outdoor Rifle (25, 50 & 100 yds), Muzzleloading

Champions on Texas Avenue...has indoor pistol range.....with gun rentals.  See Mike or Katie when you are there (it is behind Starbucks).  

BTW... the 600 UK / British fire brigade personnel we trained in rescue and structural collapse last year......loved Champions.  They would rent pistols, shoot, and take photos.
They can't do that in good old England.

The also ate their share of Texas beef......loved the local steak houses....cause beef costs way too much in the UK.

Link Posted: 4/7/2006 4:31:15 PM EDT
[#20]
TX AG, i do all of my rifle shooting at Allcorn and go to arrowhead when I have to.  But I shoot mostly at champions since I work there
Link Posted: 4/8/2006 5:21:40 AM EDT
[#21]
BadSVT.....so cool you work there.  I would be broke if I did.  I have always had good service and enjoyed my time at Champions.  The Saiga 308 I purchased there....Rocks!  

Next I want one of those Stoeger M2000 shotguns

And, thanks for taking care of the Brits when they were in town.

Link Posted: 4/8/2006 5:25:41 AM EDT
[#22]
I enjoy seeing them being able to shoot.  And im a fan of firefighters since 2 of my roommates are volies with precinct 3
Link Posted: 4/8/2006 9:45:57 AM EDT
[#23]
Is anyone planning to go to the Summer school?
I'll most likely be there.
Link Posted: 4/8/2006 4:29:14 PM EDT
[#24]
ill be here
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top