Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 9/8/2005 4:17:06 PM EDT
At the fairgrounds a week from this saturday.
www2.nysfair.org/expo/calendar/

ARFCOM MEET ?

Who's going?  
Link Posted: 9/8/2005 4:29:24 PM EDT
[#1]
I'll be going Sat. AM with a few friends, but have some time constraints in the afternoon. Lunch is unlikely this year unless we eat early-like 11:30.
Link Posted: 9/8/2005 4:30:02 PM EDT
[#2]
I'll be there
Link Posted: 9/8/2005 5:30:22 PM EDT
[#3]
I'll be there.
Proabably won't be until Sunday to help Van Tassel's pack up after the show....might slink down on Saturday after work depending on how tired or what the weathers like.
Link Posted: 9/8/2005 6:35:26 PM EDT
[#4]
didn't know about it. might be able to make it
Link Posted: 9/9/2005 3:29:50 PM EDT
[#5]
Ill be there :)
Link Posted: 9/12/2005 8:10:59 PM EDT
[#6]
Whats going on with this guys? If we get an early start we can grab some lunch for Satruday. I know that a few of us have prior engagements to attend to at approximately 1:30 Otisco Lake R&GC time. Sunday is also good for me, might make saturday less hectic?
Link Posted: 9/13/2005 3:32:17 AM EDT
[#7]
if I go it will be saturday, going to my parents' for dinner on sunday
Link Posted: 9/13/2005 4:50:36 AM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 9/13/2005 6:09:47 AM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
I'll be there Sat.I might even be one of the guys SP10 refers to when he says friends.er,nah maybe not

Link Posted: 9/15/2005 5:45:03 PM EDT
[#10]
still thinking about it. not sure if I'd buy anything. I might just wait and only go to Rochester this time around
Link Posted: 9/15/2005 6:24:39 PM EDT
[#11]
Link Posted: 9/16/2005 8:30:15 PM EDT
[#12]
Sorry, but I think I'm going to skip it this time. Not likely to be buying anything, and I thnk it'll end up costing $40 or more just in gas
but I'll definitely make it to Rochester next week
Link Posted: 9/17/2005 9:59:39 AM EDT
[#13]
Anybody make it back from the Syracuse show yet? How was it?

Was the NICS system slow due to all the firearms transactions going down in Katrina territory?
Link Posted: 9/17/2005 3:41:25 PM EDT
[#14]
The show was beat today.  There were many, many missing tables.  There are certain dealers that I have seen at every Syr. show since I was a kid who did not attend this show.  There were at least a few rows with big open gaps, and a few rows seemed extra wide, making me wonder if there were less rows all together.

I can't speak about the NICS checks because I didn't buy anything.

Overall it is still worth the $6 to get in, but makes me nervous about the future.
Link Posted: 9/17/2005 3:44:28 PM EDT
[#15]
I just got back....had a good time, got some nice stuff...a nice 1943 dated Vickers Gunners Pouch, a WWII Mauser HSc holster (For $20 freakin bucks!), a Webley cleaning rod, some US stuff, a really nice Kevlar with the desert camo cover and the 101st Airborne HQ helmet patches sewn on the sides, some nice WWII DI's including a pin back 377th Parachute Field Arty Brigade...

I went with very limited funds, so I am very happy with my haul....

Only complaint, frickin not one dealer there that I found with any rail covers!

I wasn't planning on going, sort of a last minute thing...

Oh, was it an Arfcommer that picked up the Bushmaster lower, with Colt upper, with the free float handguard from my buddy Mike Hammond? I put the lower together for him, and we test fired after we got it all together, it was very accurate...someone got a nice weapon!
Link Posted: 9/17/2005 5:53:50 PM EDT
[#16]
I'm going tomorrow, mostly to help my friends but a few things will go: a complete RRA or maby a Stag lower, an Bushmaster A2, a Garand, and whatever else get thrown into the van.
IMHO the cost of fuel, intenet sales, and all the bullshit has really put a damper on gunshows. Think about some of the guys who drive 200 miles in vehicles getting ~10mpg or LESS gotta figure $120 in fuel just to get there and back, Hotel: $80. food, drinks/something to do anter the show,....
OTOH with hunting seasion opening next month, the shows are usually balls-to-the-wall, we'll see tomorrow.
Link Posted: 9/17/2005 6:01:26 PM EDT
[#17]
I noticed the empty spots, and was kind of expecting it. I was in the door shortly after it opened.

There were a few ARFcommers at the show, but most of us left at 11:15 for a training opportunity. I'm pretty sure I saw a penguin and funny looking guy with a beard and a dull knife

No Steve Troy this time. He usually brings neat crap. I found everything I was looking for , mostly little stuff and reloading supplies.  There was a lot of black rifle goodies if you have the patience to look.

The guy who was busted for the illegal black rifles last spring was not there (big surprise). He usually rented 6-8 tables by himself.

I saw a very nice early Springfield M1A (22xxx) with TRW parts for $1350.  Another guy had a 155xxx M1A with 3rd gen mount and Springfield scope for $1195. Didn't look too closely at this one. A nice M1A scout for $1195. A few AR10s, lots of mouseguns, AKs, etc. Yugo SKSs for $179. Didn't see any BAR-10s. Also very few precision .308s. No ACOGS, but Eotechs and Aimpoints.

Good .308 surplus is $$$$. A case of port was $225 at one table. Wolf .223 (poly) was in the $115 range.

All in all, well worth the price of admission.

Link Posted: 9/19/2005 4:56:11 AM EDT
[#18]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top