User Panel

Posted: 9/15/2003 11:03:52 AM EDT
http://www.gtri.ws/upcoming.htm

Event #1:

What: GTRI Swap Meet
Where: Gainesville Target Range, Gainesville, FL
When: 8am-Noon, Saturday, September 27, 2003
Who: Everyone!

This is an opportunity for GTRI members, guests, and friends (the public is welcome to come out) and part with some old shooting and outdoor supplies.  If you have not yet had a chance to visit our facility, please come by and do so!  No cost to come visit and maybe you will find a deal.

Second Event:
What: GTRI Fall High Power Rifle Shoot
Where: Gainesville Target Range, Gainesville, FL
When: 9am-Noon, Saturday, October 4, 2003
Who: Anyone who is interested in shooting to qualify to order a CMP rifle.

I put on about 4-5 NRA High Power rifle matches each year at GTRI to acquaint shooters with hi-power rifle matches and to qualify for ordering CMP Garands (and other goodies).  If you want to shoot, please contact me at:

[email protected]

See y'all there!
Link Posted: 9/15/2003 11:30:47 AM EDT
[#1]
I hope the attitude has changed there....

Otherwise I wouldn't be safe enough to attend.

Dirk

Link Posted: 9/15/2003 3:32:14 PM EDT
[#2]
The range will be closed to shooting during the swap meet, so we should all be safe from you FDCC guys.  

:>

As for the CMP match, all are welcome to attend.

As for the normal range operations: we do operate at a VERY high level of safety and will continue to do so.  Other ranges have different standards for safety and how range business is conducted, and that is their right to do so.  Those who do not care for the rules at GTRI are welcome to direct their comments to the owner or go to a different facility.
Link Posted: 9/15/2003 4:34:07 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
Those who do not care for the rules at GTRI are welcome to direct their comments to the owner or go to a different facility.

Thanks... I've already done both months ago.

Dirk
Link Posted: 9/16/2003 7:26:43 AM EDT
[#4]
Just out of curiosity, is there a specific rule or incident that you were/are not fond of?

There are a few ticky-tack rules that I am not fond of, but as I am not the range owner, I just deal with them.

Now, that range in Lake City always seems to be dangerous!  Last time I was there, some dude just started strolling down range while I was shooting, all the while waving his hands and hollering "cold range!"  He was a full ten yards down range when everyone saw him and stopped firing.  I have never been back there after that!
Link Posted: 9/16/2003 11:27:22 AM EDT
[#5]
Actually I've yet to get over the nasty email sent out by Brian after coming up and observing one of FDCC's monthly matches. Part of the email below:

"These shooters are among the same shooters that will show up to compete if we had a match at GTRI. I am not ready to open the range up to that kind of liability. Three gun matches are SOMETIMES viewed by the public as paramilitary in nature and "a bunch of Rambos running around". This is not the image that
GTRI is wanting to present to the public."

We're not paramilitary or a bunch of Rambo's running around and FDCC runs safe matches. Ask the 80 or so shooters that came to the Anniversary Match last month. And as for GTRI's image to the public, that speaks for itself.

No offense to you but if you're going to post here where FDCC is well respected and supported, people should know how GTRI portray's those of us who own "paramilitary" weapons.

Dirk
Link Posted: 9/16/2003 11:30:41 AM EDT
[#6]
Could you forward to me his e-mail about the three gun matches?  I had no idea his response was so strongly worded.

We do hold IPSC and CMP matches regularly, I am surprised at this response.

Buet, hey, I don't run the place, I just shoot there on occasion.

caloos2000
@yahoo.com

Hope to see you at the swap meet.
Link Posted: 9/16/2003 5:11:56 PM EDT
[#7]
Email sent...

Dirk
Link Posted: 9/17/2003 4:05:09 AM EDT
[#8]
That's just part of his email. We were suprised at his response as well. Every FDCC shooter I know of was insulted by what we strongly felt were unfounded accusations. It was enough to most of us unwilling to go back and support their range or anything they had going on there.

Some of us went to a Morrigan class held at GTRI last year and had a good time with Bill and other shooters. Bill had mentioned our rifle club to everyone at the class. Afterwards we invited GTRI folks to attend one of our matches. We thought maybe could hold a match or two a year there to help support them as a new range willing to put on quality classes like the Morrigan one we attended.

Their response was much less cooperative than our efforts to try and help one another out. Instead of trying to work with us to have FDCC matches at GTRI, they pretty much attempted to take our idea and start another match to compete with us.

Anyone who knows me knows Im not one to get upset very easily at all. This fiasco really ticked me off something fierce, and as you can tell by Dirk's messages here, I was not the only one.

It is a nice range and I loved the class I took there, but some of the people in charge their have really got some issues with people skills. I havent met a single person who has been there at any time for any reason who didnt agree.

Man, this all happened a while ago and I havent thought about it much since then. Forgot how mad it made me.
Link Posted: 9/17/2003 4:39:35 AM EDT
[#9]

Link Posted: 9/22/2003 11:54:08 AM EDT
[#10]
A further update, we are also raffling off a 12gauge coach gun, made my Izhmesh (sp?) for $5/tkt.  There is also a gun show in Jax that weekend, so if you don't find it at our swap meet, you can probably find it in Jax!

Hope to see all of you there!

As for the other stuff in this discussion: sorry, guys, I don't run the place.  I do know that all are welcome to the swap meet and to the HP rifle shoot.  
Link Posted: 9/25/2003 9:03:27 AM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:

You rilly look mad at that red X !!

Link Posted: 9/25/2003 9:52:53 PM EDT
[#12]
That crap pissed so many of us off so fiercely that a red X is about all a respectable person would feel comfortable posting!
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top