Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 6/25/2003 6:23:35 PM EDT
OK folks here is the scoop on the shoot at Swan Creek. I spoke with the management office today and am awaiting a call back from the manager. This will not be a "formal" shoot but a lot of shooters getting together for some fun. I will post all the answers as soon as I get them, but we will shoot no matter what. If I need a permit I will get it this week. Who is up for some range time? No .50 cal full auto is allowed, no tracer or incendiary rounds. I will ask for a permit for Tannerite. Paper targets only are allowed on this range. I will arrange for food and a porta pottie, I will need contributions to help cover the cost of the pottie. Other than that, no extra charge to attend. OK, who is on board for this?

Tony G
Link Posted: 6/30/2003 3:26:16 AM EDT
[#1]
OK, I spoke with the manager of the range last evening, yea, a Sunday evening and he was working!! He tells me we will not need a permit as this is just an informal get together. We can not stop others from shooting on the range we are using, without the permit we have to share. I told him we just want to have some fun and have no intentions of causing others a problem. He did tell me no exploding targets this time. It seems that the old timer that has been causing problems behind our backs has been at it again. I hope this poor misinformed LIAR shows up, Steve has told me to let him know if this man is there. Steve, the manager of the area, tells me this guy has tried to stop our shooting there with lies and horror stories about our unsafe shooting. I am inviting my friend from the state office in Montgomery to come up and observe our safety. By the way, Steve told me last night that he does not believe the things this man has said about our activities. Anyway, I will have some food and drink available. PLEASE post if you are coming!

Tony G
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top