Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 2/1/2006 10:19:07 AM EDT
I am sure some of you guys may be interested, and sorry for the late notice, but here is the link to the SF thread.

if you are a little intimadated, we wont be dont anything out of the ordinary, and there are only 2 rules: alcohol + guns = NO DICE, and no pets or little kids (possibility of gators)

link

if you want to go post it in the the thread above.
Link Posted: 2/1/2006 11:20:57 AM EDT
[#1]
Will you guys be supplying me with MREs and shelter since I do not stock food, water, or fuel?  I will need a nice sleeping pad too.  I would prefer the Mountain House to the MREs if available.

I mean its not a real survival replication unless you include the people who will have nothing because they are not prepared.
Link Posted: 2/1/2006 1:46:44 PM EDT
[#2]
No alcohol and guns?

Bummer.  Have fun.......
Link Posted: 2/1/2006 2:18:51 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
Will you guys be supplying me with MREs and shelter since I do not stock food, water, or fuel?  I will need a nice sleeping pad too.  I would prefer the Mountain House to the MREs if available.

I mean its not a real survival replication unless you include the people who will have nothing because they are not prepared.

No prob we have a special program for these people. After all, it's not their fault they did not prepare, and we believe that everyone should be taken care of.

The program offers food, shelter, and protection. YOUR responsibilities will be:

- Wash the dishes
- Wash all our clothes (yep, socks too)
- Clean all our guns (esp my AKs that have never been cleaned)
- Load mags (no, you don't get to shoot, sorry...)
- Replace targets
- Clean any game we shoot
- Wash the vehicles
- Take first, second and third fire watch
- Other minion tasks we dream up

Link Posted: 2/1/2006 2:41:51 PM EDT
[#4]
I hear that after you get out of the woods, every bite of a cheeseburger tastes like a hundred little kisses.

Link Posted: 2/1/2006 3:38:30 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
I hear that after you get out of the woods, every bite of a cheeseburger tastes like a hundred little kisses.

Man let me tell you.

One trip of mine went bad and we ended up hiking way too long with way too much gear. Got to the top of the mountain, and this guy had brought 1 can of beer. Since the hike went about 7 hrs longer than expected, it was prob about 85 degrees and it should have tasted like piss even ice cold (Schlitz or somthing).

Since I hauled half of the gear up the damn hill, he gave me the first pull of of it....nectar of the Gods. To this day I have never had a better beer.

Link Posted: 2/1/2006 4:38:32 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

Quoted:

No prob we have a special program for these people. After all, it's not their fault they did not prepare, and we believe that everyone should be taken care of.

The program offers food, shelter, and protection. YOUR responsibilities will be:

- Wash the dishes
- Replace targets
- Wash the vehicles

I asume your kidding about having guns and ammo in the SHNF. It's a big nono and you'll have your peepee smacked by Ranger Dick.
Link Posted: 2/1/2006 6:13:28 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Man let me tell you.

One trip of mine went bad and we ended up hiking way too long with way too much gear. Got to the top of the mountain, and this guy had brought 1 can of beer. Since the hike went about 7 hrs longer than expected, it was prob about 85 degrees and it should have tasted like piss even ice cold (Schlitz or somthing).

Since I hauled half of the gear up the damn hill, he gave me the first pull of of it....nectar of the Gods. To this day I have never had a better beer.

Funny how that works.  I remember the best damn drink of water I have ever had.  It was about 90 degrees when I had it.  But, it was at basic, at Ft Jackson after we had been doing D+C for about 4 hours, with no chance to drink.  Had about 1/2 of my canteen, and it was, like you said, nectar of the Gods.   Water.....

TXL
Link Posted: 2/1/2006 7:22:13 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
- Wash the vehicles

Good Lord. Those two alone are classified as cruel and unusual!

Quoted:
I asume your kidding about having guns and ammo in the SHNF. It's a big nono and you'll have your peepee smacked by Ranger Dick.

Umm... what? 1st- open carry of long guns has always been legal in Texas, 2nd- hunting is legal in the SHNF, 3rd- 2nd amendment
Link Posted: 2/2/2006 6:35:26 AM EDT
[#9]
When is this thing supposed to happen?
Link Posted: 2/2/2006 11:29:29 AM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:
No alcohol and guns?

Bummer.  Have fun.......

wow. read the WHOLE thread.

12-15 people.
we will have guns and stuff. read the SHNF trail head rules regarding firearms (basicly, no stupid stuff)
our vehicles will be with in 50m of camp. you do the "alcohol" math.
Link Posted: 2/2/2006 4:14:02 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

- Wash the dishes
- Replace targets
- Wash the vehicles

I (and we) are under the impression that guns are ok for the above mentioned reasons. Remember that this is  National Forest, not a National Park (and if it was, like Big Bend, pistols would prob still be allowed under TX CHL laws as they are in BB). But if you know something we don't, do splain it to us.

As far as the rangers, (gun violations not withstanding) there ain gonna be nobody smacking my peepee unless it is one seriously hot ranger chic and my GF likes her too.
Link Posted: 2/2/2006 4:39:25 PM EDT
[#12]
Link Posted: 2/3/2006 2:08:50 AM EDT
[#13]
Link Posted: 2/3/2006 2:19:42 PM EDT
[#14]
Is it ok to have slacker minions to clean them for you?
Link Posted: 2/8/2006 2:56:10 PM EDT
[#15]
yes . its ok to have slacker minions clean for me.
Link Posted: 2/9/2006 12:31:33 PM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:

Quoted:
No alcohol and guns?

Bummer.  Have fun.......

12-15 people.
we will have guns and stuff. read the SHNF trail head rules regarding firearms (basicly, no stupid stuff)

Taking a different tact, I still have to say the whole idea of mixing alcohol and guns being evil is down right ludicris.  There's nothing wrong with grown ups enjoying grown up things in moderation.  
Link Posted: 2/9/2006 1:04:54 PM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:
No alcohol and guns?

Bummer.  Have fun.......

12-15 people.

Taking a different tact, I still have to say the whole idea of mixing alcohol and guns being evil is down right ludicris.  There's nothing wrong with grown ups enjoying grown up things in moderation.  

It's a good point. Alcohol and guns is a dangerous mix. However, if done properly, it's all in a fulfilling life. I know a lot of people who are not safe with guns whether sober or not, and I don't hang out with them. I also like to practice safe gun handling to the point where if I am tired, stressed, or yes, perhaps a little buzzed, the habits transfer over and the risk of accidents are minimized. Any bad gun handling habits you have will get amplified many times with the above mentioned impairments.

As far as trips with guns, no range officer, there is the obvious...don't get smashed until you are done shooting and you put your toys away...don't handle your weapon unless in a safe area...muzzle control...and don't get mad if your buddy yells at you for not keeping safe.

It's always cool to hang out with people who can have a good time, but you know that in the back of their mind is always the very serious committment to safety...finger off the trigger, muzzle control, deep respect for a bullet in flight.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top