Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page Hometown » Ohio
Site Notices
Posted: 10/9/2007 6:51:41 PM EDT
There is a local shop that has an air rifle with a permenantly attached supressor. Is this legal to own and operate in ohio.

Looks like a hoot for $235. Beats a $200 tax stamp and waiting forever if its not too good to be true.

The rifle is made by Gamo and is called the Whisper if anyone is interested.
www.gamousa.com/Catalog.aspx?Product=234
Link Posted: 10/9/2007 9:24:16 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 10/10/2007 12:11:06 PM EDT
[#2]
Here's what I know... Cabelas in West Virginia has it, Pyramid Air has it, and they don't Class 3 it. Says Dampener, non-removable... well, check out these links [reviews and article about airgun silencers] and decide...

A

B
Link Posted: 10/10/2007 1:11:16 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 10/11/2007 3:01:50 AM EDT
[#4]
Wow talk about a bunch of crap. It seems like they leave the law open ended so they can do whatever they want. After reading the "B" link I believe I'm going to get one. There is a local store in Ohio that has them ( of course when it come down to it, they are not responsible for me owning it) Welcome to America. home of the sneaky ass backwarks government.
Link Posted: 10/11/2007 6:38:26 AM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 10/11/2007 6:38:28 AM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
Here's what I know... Cabelas in West Virginia has it, Pyramid Air has it, and they don't Class 3 it. Says Dampener, non-removable... well, check out these links [reviews and article about airgun silencers] and decide...

A

B

That is the key.  It can't be removed and used as a silencer on a gun.  I am no paintballer but it may be the same for them as well.
Link Posted: 10/11/2007 8:15:08 AM EDT
[#7]
Page Hometown » Ohio
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top