Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 6/23/2015 9:39:07 AM EDT
As we all know H5 has been signed so now what? I don't know a lot about suppressors myself and I am sure there are others that only know what they've heard or an occasional read. Here is your chance to learn.

The American Suppressor Association will be conducting a suppressor demonstration at the Barre F&G Club
from 10:00 A.M to 2 P.M. on Thursday, July 2. Representatives of suppressor industry will have firearms with
suppressors and the public will be able to observe, handle and shoot firearms with suppressors. Ammo will
be provided by the ASA. Barre Fish & Game Club: http://www.barrefishandgameclub.com/ Directions to in lower right hand of home page.

See you there

edit for spelling cause i suck at it
Link Posted: 6/24/2015 10:12:28 PM EDT
[#1]
Depending on which manufacturers are there you guys really should take advantage of this opportunity. Hearing a suppressor beforehand is really the ONLY way to make an informed purchase if you don't want to go in blind (or deaf!). I wish something like this was available before I bought my first suppressor.
Link Posted: 6/25/2015 7:29:35 PM EDT
[#2]
Any range fees?
Just show up at 10:00?
Bring our own host weapons?
Thanks.
This will be AWESOME!
sk
Link Posted: 6/26/2015 12:34:11 PM EDT
[#3]
Just went suppressor shooting with some friends the other day.    Main observations were:

- shooting under any sort of a "roof" really amplified the noise.  

Since there were just the 3 of us on the range, we tried stepping just 2 or 3 steps in front of the firing line (we all stopped shooting, except the guy with the can).  The difference was amazing.  So much quieter out in the open.

- the suppressors sounded very different to the shooter than to everyone else.

Enjoy the demo folks!

Link Posted: 6/29/2015 2:13:11 PM EDT
[#4]
I just picked up this flyer from R&L

Link Posted: 7/1/2015 2:28:13 PM EDT
[#5]
Pity this wasn't done on a weekend so that people who work could attend. Barre unfortunately is not really conveniently located to anywhere. Have fun, post pictures.
Link Posted: 7/1/2015 3:26:04 PM EDT
[#6]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Pity this wasn't done on a weekend so that people who work could attend. Barre unfortunately is not really conveniently located to anywhere. Have fun, post pictures.
View Quote

I agree but if you think of the timing it would be hard to do on the weekend of the 4th and they want to get the infomation out as soon as they can.
Maybe if someone contacts them we can get them to do another on a weekend.
Link Posted: 7/1/2015 3:29:40 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

I agree but if you think of the timing it would be hard to do on the weekend of the 4th and they want to get the infomation out as soon as they can.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I submitted an application to deal Class 3 at our store in Bennington. It would be a very good thing for to be there. But I can't close the shop to drive 2.5-3 hours to get there mid-week, and be tied up all day. Hopefully they can schedule something on a Sunday or Monday when we are closed, I'd make the drive up.
Link Posted: 7/2/2015 10:30:21 PM EDT
[#8]
Well, Most of you missed a great one.
Great hands-on / ear-pro-off show and tell.

9mm thru Osprey 9 on G17
9mm thru Octane 45K on G17
45acp thru Osprey 45K on 1911
45acp thru Osprey 45 on 1911
300blk Subsonic thru Omega 300(?) on 16" AR (THIS WOULD BLOW YOUR MIND!!!)
5.56 thru Saker 5.56 on 18" AR
12 GA thru Salvo
22 cans...

Plus hands-on Q&A with 6-8 other rifle cans from a suitcase holding 18(?) of them!
Check your local shops.
They may already have their SOT with several taxable objects on the way.

BIG THANK YOU to:

Barre Fish & Game
ASA
Silencer Shop
Silencer Co
DD
And all the folks that made this happen!

sk

Link Posted: 7/3/2015 10:37:05 PM EDT
[#9]

yep..had a good time. Nice weather for a change. I hadn't shot a suppressed weapon for some time. Its nice getting answers right from the vendors too

probably will get something for my G19
Link Posted: 7/4/2015 8:13:42 AM EDT
[#10]
Went and had a great time!  Thanks to all involved in putting this on!

I guess I will be getting into 300 BLK after that...
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top