Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 2/28/2006 6:48:44 PM EDT
WANTED:  2006 Springfield XD 9mm / 5" barrel / OD green / kit  (  XD9404HCSP06  )

Ok pistol lovers... Where do you get yours locally?  I found a price of 440$ at sportsman wharehouse (when ever they get them...) but I'm looking for places close to tacoma or the kitsap penninsula if possible... Other places if needed.  Web sites are a last resort but still open to them.

Thanks!  
Link Posted: 2/28/2006 7:38:34 PM EDT
[#1]
Not sure how close you are to Kirkland but you should give Discount Gun Sales a try. Another possible source would be Survival Arms in Bellevue. Both dealers have some of the best prices around. Ive bought from both and thought they were good enough for repeat business. I know some here wouldnt agree but...Ive had only good encounters with both.

ETA: Missed the part Tacoma/penninsual part. It might still be worth the ride...give them a ring and get a price then shop in your area and see if anyone will match or beat the price.
Link Posted: 2/28/2006 8:29:10 PM EDT
[#2]
Discount Gun Sales in Kirkland is top notch. Good prices and great service.
Link Posted: 2/28/2006 8:50:07 PM EDT
[#3]
I'd check The Marksman in Puyallup
Link Posted: 2/28/2006 9:37:22 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
I'd check The Marksman in Puyallup

+1

Mary's Pistols in Tacoma also seems to be a fan of the XD (At least I saw a few there)
Link Posted: 2/28/2006 11:02:48 PM EDT
[#5]
I bought my XD-9SC at Ben's Loan for the lowest price I found after calling around.
Link Posted: 3/1/2006 7:40:38 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

+1

Mary's Pistols in Tacoma also seems to be a fan of the XD (At least I saw a few there)

Went by today..... They have SEVERAL XDs and some damned good prices on them.

They made me go home with annother Mosin for the hippy
Link Posted: 3/1/2006 7:50:32 PM EDT
[#7]
 another +1 on the Marksman.  
Link Posted: 3/1/2006 8:25:59 PM EDT
[#8]
One more question...  No, I don't have a CWPermit...  I didn't want to get one until I got the pistol.   I'm guessing that I will not be walking out of the store with my new pistol, right?  Whats the wait time?  I mean, I do have a CAC Military civilian badge so I figure the feds trust me... Now I just gotta wait for the locals to get on the same wave length?
Link Posted: 3/1/2006 8:29:11 PM EDT
[#9]
Without the CPP it's a five business day wait.
Link Posted: 3/1/2006 8:35:54 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:
One more question...  No, I don't have a CWPermit...  I didn't want to get one until I got the pistol.   I'm guessing that I will not be walking out of the store with my new pistol, right?  Whats the wait time?  I mean, I do have a CAC Military civilian badge so I figure the feds trust me... Now I just gotta wait for the locals to get on the same wave length?

Get your CPL, THEN go buy the pistol.  10x easier.
Link Posted: 3/1/2006 8:48:35 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:

When I was AD at NAVSTA Everett, Sheriff Rick Bart & Co. in Snohomish County blessed my CPL next day.  Of course it took a week and a half for the mail to go from the Snohomish County Courthouse to USS Rodney M. Davis in Everett via the FPO in San Francisco.

Go for the gusto!  Champion Arms had an XD in .45 ACP the other day.
Link Posted: 3/2/2006 7:01:10 AM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:

Good prices as compared to whom?
Wades?

Naw, go to Fed Way Discount if you want the lowest prices, followed by, in my opinion, The Marksman.
Link Posted: 3/2/2006 9:04:42 AM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Good prices as compared to whom?
Wades?

Naw, go to Fed Way Discount if you want the lowest prices, followed by, in my opinion, The Marksman.

Yeah? You must live close by there? I have found that I'll save MAYBE $5.00 or $10.00 tops, if at all, by going to Federal Way Discount Guns vs. Discount Gun Sales. For me it's worth way more than that to not have to drive to Fed. Way or especially Puyallup, I live in the north end. Besides the minimal saving they might or might not offer doesn't come close to being enough to offset the dose of attitude and poor service that always seems to accompany a purchase at Federal Way Discount Guns. The service I have continually gotten at Discount Gun Sales over the last 2 years or so has been top notch, even before they got to know me as a regular customer.
Link Posted: 3/2/2006 12:33:15 PM EDT
[#14]
I would have to agree about Discount's prices. Theyre very good and in most cases considerably less. Another source thats good is Survival in Bellevue. I just purchased a G17 there and their price was the lowest Ive seen anywhere. I would give Jason a ring and get his price before making up your mind.
Link Posted: 3/2/2006 4:03:54 PM EDT
[#15]
And yet another question!!! =)

I am going to get my permit tomorrow.  What I am wondering about is:  Do I *have* to go to a gun shop to fill out the paper work or can I go directly to the sheriffs office and perhaps save some time/money?
Link Posted: 3/3/2006 3:44:05 PM EDT
[#16]
HOLY SHNIKIES...

My county sheriff department sent me to my city police...  My local police say $60/5yrs and my wait is 30 business days (6 weeks) minimum to get my permit (If it comes back to them sooner, I still wait until 6 weeks is up).  WTF are they doing down in olympia or do they just have arse hole commanders?  And of course, they are only open til 4pm so I get to take time off of work to get it.
Link Posted: 3/3/2006 3:51:38 PM EDT
[#17]
Where is this at? The thirty business days statement is bullshit. The RCW clearly state with thirty days. 30 business days is clearly not within thirty days.  

RCW 9.41.070
Concealed pistol license — Application — Fee — Renewal.

(1) The chief of police of a municipality or the sheriff of a county shall within thirty days after the filing of an application of any person, issue a license to such person to carry a pistol concealed on his or her person within this state for five years from date of issue, for the purposes of protection or while engaged in business, sport, or while traveling. However, if the applicant does not have a valid permanent Washington driver's license or Washington state identification card or has not been a resident of the state for the previous consecutive ninety days, the issuing authority shall have up to sixty days after the filing of the application to issue a license. The issuing authority shall not refuse to accept completed applications for concealed pistol licenses during regular business hours.
Link Posted: 3/3/2006 3:56:09 PM EDT
[#18]
Bremerton Police Department  ~~  Records  (360) 473-5226

Link Posted: 3/3/2006 4:00:37 PM EDT
[#19]
Take this to another thread and page Phil. I think you can file a complaint with the AG over this.
Link Posted: 3/3/2006 4:20:56 PM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:
HOLY SHNIKIES...

My county sheriff department sent me to my city police...  My local police say $60/5yrs and my wait is 30 business days (6 weeks) minimum to get my permit (If it comes back to them sooner, I still wait until 6 weeks is up).  WTF are they doing down in olympia or do they just have arse hole commanders?  And of course, they are only open til 4pm so I get to take time off of work to get it.

Interesting that they are saying 30 business days.

I'd say that you have some "arse holes" working there.

The relevent RCW says nothing about business days, and this is the first I've heard of a department using them.

(edited for applicable information)
RCW 9.41.070
Concealed pistol license -- Application -- Fee -- Renewal.

(1) The chief of police of a municipality or the sheriff of a county shall within thirty days after the filing of an application of any person, issue a license to such person to carry a pistol concealed on his or her person within this state for five years from date of issue, for the purposes of protection or while engaged in business, sport, or while traveling. However, if the applicant does not have a valid permanent Washington driver's license or Washington state identification card or has not been a resident of the state for the previous consecutive ninety days, the issuing authority shall have up to sixty days after the filing of the application to issue a license. The issuing authority shall not refuse to accept completed applications for concealed pistol licenses during regular business hours.

Care to ask them where they got the business day requirement from?
(11) A political subdivision of the state shall not modify the requirements of this section or chapter, nor may a political subdivision ask the applicant to voluntarily submit any information not required by this section.

I live in the city, and have always applied and renewed with the county sheriff

13) A person may apply for a concealed pistol license:

(a) To the municipality or to the county in which the applicant resides if the applicant resides in a municipality;

(b) To the county in which the applicant resides if the applicant resides in an unincorporated area; or

(c) Anywhere in the state if the applicant is a nonresident.

Now, if you want to argue it with them, you could proceed with asking where in the RCWs they determined the maximum waiting period to be 30 (or 60) business days. Absent a statutory definition, words in a statute are to be given their ordinary meaning: Davis v. Department of Empl. Sec., 108 Wn.2d 272, 737 P.2d 1262 (1987), and RCW 9.41.010 (Terms defined) does not supply a statutory definition for days, although RCW 9.41.090 (Dealer deliveries regulated) does include a definition of business days "c) Five business days, meaning days on which state offices are open.." it alos includes the clarification that the wait is business days, not merely days which of course tells us that when they wanted the RCW to mean business days the wrote it as business days.

Link Posted: 3/7/2006 3:29:39 PM EDT
[#21]
Hmmm... Might be getting 45acp @ Mary's... We'll see.  Hope all goes well =)
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top