Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 10/22/2004 1:05:53 PM EDT
I have been e-mailing all our senators with regards to the Madigan AW bill.

I thought we could post responses from them if any bother to return the e-mail.

So far I have got one which is good considering I just sent it on Wed.

Here is one:

District Office
137 S State Street
Geneseo, IL  61254

October 22, 2004

Dennis
Belvidere, IL  61008

Dear Dennis,

I am a strong supporter of our 2nd Amendment rights, and I'll oppose this legislation.  

Sincerely,

Todd Sieben
State Senator
45th District

POST ALL YA GET!

Rebel 13
Link Posted: 10/22/2004 3:49:56 PM EDT
[#1]
glad to see that hink
Link Posted: 10/27/2004 1:24:36 PM EDT
[#2]
Here is another one!  Two and counting!
----- Original Message -----
To: d.
Sent: Wednesday, October 27, 2004 1:53 PM
Subject: Re: 2005 Assault Weapons Ban

Thank you for your email correspondence on the Assault Weapons Ban.  I, too, am opposed to this and will work to defeat the proposal.

State Sen. Brad Burzynski, 35th Dist.
505 DeKalb Ave., Sycamore, IL 60178
(815)895-6318
----- Original Message -----
To: [email protected]
Sent: Wednesday, October 20, 2004 9:48 AM
Subject: 2005 Assault Weapons Ban

Good morning Senator Burzynski,

I am just writing a quick note to voice my opposition to Lisa Madigan's Assault Weapons Ban.  I know you are against it but you need to keep up the fight for the rest of Illinois that does not reside in Chicago under Mayor Daley.

Once again, they want to make all kinds of guns illegal, which includes hunting and sporting weapons.  Do they really believe taking away our rights will make us safer?  Hasn't worked at all in Chicago.  

The end result is you will see many taxpaying citizens that appreciate their rights moving to surrounding states such as Indiana, Wisconsin, Missouri, and Iowa.  At least they can read and understand the US Constitution and the Individual Bill of Rights.  Don't forget, the extremely vast majority of the citizens that will be affected by this law are middle class or higher which pays a lot of income, sales, property and other taxes.  I would think the last thing Illinois wants to do is drive out revenue.

Remember, if they had gun control for military style arms in the 1700's, we would still be a colony under England.

Respectfully,
Dennis
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top