Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 7/18/2008 9:59:16 AM EDT
Simple help to show your support for a guy that supports your rights to not only keep and bear arms but he also supports our NFA rights which is a rarity in itself. Additionally he is supportive of our shooting activities over at the Lapeer area and you guys know what I'm talking about. Pit shooters should help the Sheriff out by marching in this parade with him!

The Sheriff needs help in the next couple of city parades handing out candy to kids.

You can show your support by showing up in Columbiaville tomorrow on Saturday and in the Imlay City Parade on August 2nd.

I plan on being at both of these parades and we could use some more people walking with the Sheriff handing out candy. Also if you come to the parade please tell the Sheriff why you're there to help him.

columbiaville.org/columbiaville_days.htm

Columbiaville Parade July 19th  get your T-Shirt and Candy at the soccer field parking lot at 11:15 AM.  Parade Rocks at Noon.

Imlay City Parade Saturday August 2rd get  your T-Shirt and Candy at the Weston Elementary Parking Lot at 5:15 PM. Parade Rocks at 6:00 PM

www.imlaycitymich.com/coming_event_listing.asp

This communication came from a friend of mine who is actively helping the Sheriff.

Dear Fellow Shooters:

As you know its great to be an American and especially since the recent Supreme Court Ruling recognized that the 2nd Amendment as an individual right held by the people.  Being a license attorney as well as a 'Signing Sheriff' this helps retain and promote our ability to preserve essential freedoms.

But right now I need your help otherwise things will be changing for the worse here in Lapeer County.  I am up for re-election in the August 5th Republican Primary no Democrat has filed so the winner and loser will be decided on August 5th.  My opponent is a retired deputy who never rose above the rank of patrolman in 32 years.  He's a nice guy but does not have the moxy to continue our fight to preserve our freedoms.

Elections are in many ways symbolic.  The candidate w the largest group of people at a Parade giving candy to youngsters is seen as a 'winner'.  Likewise a poor showing is seen as a weak candidate or a has been.

Attached is my parade schedule if you can help you'll get my T-Shirt, a coupon for a free pizza and a pop plus the enjoyment of giving out candy to area youth.
Link Posted: 7/19/2008 4:00:12 AM EDT
[#1]
BTT - This is going to be a nice event. Head up to Columbiaville just north of Lapeer and show some support. Thank you.
Link Posted: 7/19/2008 6:23:06 AM EDT
[#2]
Mike, I'm going to send you a copy of our survey..we're going to be releasing our records and endorsements..can you get this to him so we can include him. Will also need to send to his opponent but will do what we can for him.

If there's anyone else reading this who wants to survey someone, let me know..that goes for everyone. We only send them out to statewide offices unless specifically asked, just because of the scope, which is already huge. So we have to rely on people in local areas for help on other races.
Link Posted: 7/19/2008 12:53:40 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 7/19/2008 5:41:25 PM EDT
[#4]
Damn, I have to pay closer attention to whats going on here, I could have escaped some wedding planning stuff to go to the parade
Link Posted: 7/19/2008 6:38:16 PM EDT
[#5]
Was a stellar day for a parade! The greater pro-gun community was represented by Lumpy223, Chuck Madurski - writer Small Arms Review with his better half and myself Mike Sessa aka BustOff pictured with Lapeer County Sheriff Ron Kalanquin. A hell of a great guy! Very even keeled. Not afraid of the gun issue as he thanked us gun guys for coming out to support him. We talked GUNS and we share the same fondness of the cool NFA stuff like MG's! I explained to him how we want to make Michigan like Ohio in regards to NFA stuff. I told him how the MSP kind of hurt us by not supporting our SBR SBS reforms in the latest handgun registration scheme. Ron has no problems with us or that viewpoint. I believe he shares our frustration with MSP blocking real reform up in Lansing. We will need advocates to help us push change and I think Sheriff Ron Kalanquin can be a great and valuable advocate. You guys may remember this is the Sheriff who sold the 3 - M16's from his PD to re-outfit all his officers worn out guns with brand new sidearms, holsters etc all funded from the sale of those M16's which went back into private hands as the guns were all transferable.

Time is short Barbara. Ron's election will be decide by the voters in the primary on August 5th. It would be good to get him rated by SAFR. Send it to me or directly to the Sheriff.

Video link to the Sheriff talking about his campaign and "symbolism"
www.youtube.com/watch?v=jDe8Jl2evdM

My other pics mirror those pictured above. Guy's - like the Sheriff says - it's symbolism so if some of you can plan to come to the Imlay City Parade and back the Sheriff - that would be symbolic of our commitment to support pro-gunners. Please try to show up. Thanks, Mike

Link Posted: 7/29/2008 8:33:18 PM EDT
[#6]
BTT - THIS SATURDAY EVENING.......refer to updated top post. Thanks Guys.
Link Posted: 7/30/2008 4:15:45 AM EDT
[#7]
Pro-gun, pro-essential freedoms....

Bustoff, do you know his thoughts on open carry?
Link Posted: 7/30/2008 7:44:24 AM EDT
[#8]
I can't speak for him but my impression is he is solidly pro gun and since open carry is legal and constitutional I would expect he would be in support. Perhaps I'll ask him.
Link Posted: 7/30/2008 8:40:56 AM EDT
[#9]
That would be outstanding.
Link Posted: 7/31/2008 8:42:19 AM EDT
[#10]
BTT - Hope to see some pit shooters and ARFcommers support the Sheriff this Saturday evening.
Link Posted: 7/31/2008 8:46:57 AM EDT
[#11]
No word from the Sheriff yet?
Link Posted: 7/31/2008 11:01:29 AM EDT
[#12]
Not going to see or speak with him until Saturday evening at the parade. Anybody who wants to ask him questions you would be free to do so at the parade. He's a very easy going easy to talk to approachable guy. Nothing like you might expect from a Chief LEO guy if that means anything.
Link Posted: 8/1/2008 7:30:32 AM EDT
[#13]
Back to the top - BTT
Link Posted: 8/2/2008 9:31:47 AM EDT
[#14]
Route starts at Junior High School where 1st Street and Weston intersect.  Line up is from Junior High to High School which is off of Black Corners Rd.
Link Posted: 8/2/2008 8:56:54 PM EDT
[#15]
How was the turnout?  I got hit pulling out of our parking lot just as I was leaving so I didn't get to make it up there in time to march.
Link Posted: 8/5/2008 8:15:31 AM EDT
[#16]
There was a lot of support but only three gun guys there.  Bustoff, Chuck and myself.  It is kind of sad that for anything firearms related in politics, there are only 7 of us that ever show up for anything.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top