Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page Hometown » Iowa
Posted: 9/11/2005 3:15:13 PM EDT
Just  a quick post  to let our favorite audience ( the arfcom crew) know that we at Superior arms will be at the Des Moines Fairground gun show September 23-25.  Stop by and take a look, we want your next rifle to be a Superior.

Leo Williams
Superior Arms
Link Posted: 9/11/2005 6:50:27 PM EDT
[#1]
leo,

i will stop by and hopefully be ready to take at least the first plunge in to my next ebr

brett
Link Posted: 9/12/2005 1:14:48 PM EDT
[#2]
sure hope I don't have to work that weekend
Link Posted: 9/13/2005 12:30:52 PM EDT
[#3]
Do you guys thread barrels for flash suppressors? Or do you know of anybody that does. I would really like to have this done while at the show if possible.
Link Posted: 9/13/2005 8:58:17 PM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 9/16/2005 8:18:46 PM EDT
[#5]
Pistol Lowers and Lower halfs should be there. I don't want to ruin the surprise but I know we'll have a decent selection to choose from. I may not be there, but my Brother will probably be, his Name is Terry. RB precision will also be there beside us.  Let us know anything in particular you want and if we have it we'll bring it along.  I don't think there will be a shop run between saturday and Sunday with the price of fuel as it is, so start the requests now.
      While we can thread your barrel Glockguy, we don't do that while at shows. The machine required is 3 phase and several thousand pounds heavier than we like to carry with us. Portable machinery does not meet our quality standards, we only do it on the real thing.  Lead time to thread a barrel is 2-3 weeks to allow for refinishing lots.  We have a parkerizing vendor we take batches to and it depends on where we hit the batch.  I can't find my cost sheet, but I'll find it and post next week.
      Custom serial numbers have to be checked for conflict, up to 10 characters in length, and retail out at $30.00 additional.
Link Posted: 9/19/2005 3:50:14 PM EDT
[#6]
Well it looks like I'm going to have to go then.

ETA: bring some Picto-gramed lowers if you can.
Link Posted: 9/20/2005 6:04:03 PM EDT
[#7]
i will be looking for a tack latch of some sorts to go on my a3 and also looking for a 3.5 pound connector for my glock 17.......be able to help on wither of those?
Link Posted: 9/22/2005 5:06:05 PM EDT
[#8]
Here is one of the new products we are going to introduce at the show. Come Check us out...

Link Posted: 9/24/2005 10:41:06 AM EDT
[#9]
Just got back from the Des Moines Gun Show. Stopped at the table for Superior, chatted abit, took alook at the receivers. Looked nice, even finish, machining quality looked awesome. I liked that the pistol lowers were marked as such. Not sure who I was talking to, but the guy was nice, personable and knowlegable. The firearms on display were very nice, especially the one with the tan KAT-KAMO and I thought the prices were outstanding. hug.gif
Link Posted: 9/24/2005 2:53:29 PM EDT
[#10]
We aim to please.  Manning the Sales table this weekend is Terry Williams, my brother. The 2 of us are the main players in the guns side of life.  You ARE talking to THE MAN on pricing and deals.  I am manning the shop thisweekend, but am planning to get out to see you all at the October 8th shoot ( now I gotta figure out how to get there)...  
  For those planning on coming to the DM gunshow on Sunday, I hope you stop by and see the   array of products on the Table.  
  Newly unveiled at the show is our A1 sight detachable handle.  With all the variations of detachable handles and sights out there, noone was making an A1 style. The A1 is a personal favorite of ours for its rugged simplicity. Set it and it stays, no worries about the knobs getting inadvertantly turned.
 Also unveiled at the show are our own aluminum free float tubes. These are knurled aluminum, hard coat anodized, and 2 piece. W like the 2 piece tube beacuse no special wrench is required for installation ( if you use the same pin style barrel nut wrench we do).  
 The long awaited arrival of Superior Flattop uppers is also happening this weekend at the show.  These things took much longer than anticipated coming online, but we wanted quality.  Several things indicate its a true Superior Arms upper receiver. First, the charge handle detent notch is on both sides of the upper. Second, there is a triangular pocket "signature" on the front of the upper above the cloverleaf.  Completely MIL spec, hard coat anodized, and dry film lube available.  
 Many more things are in the works and we look forward to being YOUR hometown AR rifle manufacturer. We want to meet you if you go to the show and we do appreciate all business.  Don't forget to check out the custom logos and get your custom serial numbers and calibers now before they are taken.   www.superiorarms.com

Link Posted: 9/24/2005 5:19:15 PM EDT
[#11]
Hey all-
I just got back from the show! I had a chance to meet Terry and Robert from RB Precision. Super great people! The receivers looked AWESOME! While we were there , I talked to several old friends and talked one of them into the Kat Kamo M4! (Mark- I hope your wife isn't too upset with me). Gonna try to get back up on Sunday morning. Thanks to both Superior Arms and RB Precision for making the trip! Milldude
Link Posted: 9/24/2005 6:05:42 PM EDT
[#12]
Just got home from the fun show.

Met the guys from RB and picked up a lower from Terry.

It was nice meeting you guys.

Link Posted: 9/25/2005 2:54:25 PM EDT
[#13]
Link Posted: 9/25/2005 4:23:49 PM EDT
[#14]
i was there also today, made about 4 trips to the booth and i think i bought something each and every time.  i cannot wait until the shoot so i can pick up my parts kit and stock and some magazines.....but i did get a new scope mount tac latch, and lower reciever.....as said by booger, great guys that i cannot wait until i get to hand them money again.

brett
Link Posted: 9/25/2005 4:38:23 PM EDT
[#15]
Link Posted: 9/25/2005 4:51:52 PM EDT
[#16]
Robert,

she didnt have to get mad at you for bringing anything new home did she?

Brett
Link Posted: 9/25/2005 5:15:20 PM EDT
[#17]
Link Posted: 9/26/2005 9:47:38 AM EDT
[#18]
Technically you didn't buy it you traded for it. She will understand.
Link Posted: 9/27/2005 9:23:42 AM EDT
[#19]
Link Posted: 9/27/2005 1:51:33 PM EDT
[#20]
Link Posted: 9/27/2005 9:21:28 PM EDT
[#21]
Robert,
If your heading to the shoot Oct 8th, pack that trailer full of catalogs, magazines (clips), bumper stickers, and anything else that could be promotional free stuff.  LOL!!!  I've got numerous questions on Superiors AR construction, such as how they compare with Olympic, Bushmaster, etc.  I may be looking for a sibling for my 16" A1 Bushy.  It was good to see you at the Gun Show.  (I was the browser while Brett was doing all the buying.)
     Dave (tired of polishing a turd)      
Link Posted: 9/29/2005 5:03:03 AM EDT
[#22]
i missed it...  in-laws...  

will RB and Superior be able to make the Nov 25 - Nov 27 show at the 4H building?

i sincerely hope so...  i need a pistol lower and would like to shake hands and meet regardless.  

-mikes

Link Posted: 9/29/2005 5:57:09 PM EDT
[#23]
Link Posted: 10/3/2005 10:02:05 AM EDT
[#24]
great Robert.  C U there!

Page Hometown » Iowa
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top