Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 9/9/2004 10:36:26 AM EDT
Well, the 13th falls on a monday, and some genius scheduled BRD on the Saturday before ... So is anyone planning to meet up the following weekend (18th or 19th) to sight in their new AR15s?

ETA: If not earlier?
Link Posted: 9/9/2004 12:01:30 PM EDT
[#1]
Can you please tell me where this is being held?
Thank you,
Gal4gunsh=85%

Quoted:
Well, the 13th falls on a monday, and some genius scheduled BRD on the Saturday before he

ETA: If not earlier?

Link Posted: 9/9/2004 4:22:03 PM EDT
[#2]
Hey!

Like she said where? I'm always up for da Creek! Just got 1000 rounds of Wolf. Plus I want to put my collapsible stock on. I havn't ran my Yugo SKS for a while either!
Link Posted: 9/9/2004 5:11:21 PM EDT
[#3]
I have a feeling that the NRA range will be even more busy than usual next Wed with some overflow into Thursday.  

Link Posted: 9/9/2004 7:36:01 PM EDT
[#4]
I'd be up for Sleepy Creek after being there last weekend, but I have family coming into town so you'll have to do it without me.  At least the guns will be properly configured by then.
Link Posted: 9/10/2004 7:28:30 AM EDT
[#5]
Hite hollow next weekend?... anyone?  I'll most likely be there doing as much flash supressing, bayoneting, and stock folding as I can.
Link Posted: 9/10/2004 7:52:02 AM EDT
[#6]
Well, Hell....That is out for us.....We like sleepy creek.hen

Take care, See some of yous this weekend.

Gal4guns
Link Posted: 9/10/2004 7:57:42 AM EDT
[#7]
how long does it take you nova guys to get to sleepy creek?  I was under the impression that it was bout the same (2hrs) either way.  (obviously, I have no idea where sleepy creek is just going on what others have said)
Link Posted: 9/10/2004 8:06:37 AM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
how long does it take you nova guys to get to sleepy creek?  I was under the impression that it was bout the same (2hrs) either way.  (obviously, I have no idea where sleepy creek is just going on what others have said)

Took about an hour maybe less last weekend.

Anywho, the wifey is working on the 18th, so looks like I'm free to shoot then!!! Hopefully Mr. Watertower will have me my Aimpoint by then
Link Posted: 9/10/2004 9:06:24 AM EDT
[#9]
Hey!

For anyone looking for directions to the various ranges, check out the "ranges" thread. Directions to Sleepy Creek and other areas are there. Just be aware that the range sign (at the end of the road) at Sleepy Creek is usually missing. Once you pass the entrance sign (from Hampshire Grade Road) the range road will be the first major dirt road on your right.
Link Posted: 9/10/2004 10:53:14 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
how long does it take you nova guys to get to sleepy creek?
Exit 5 is about 70 miles of freeway driving from the 234/Manassas exit where I get on 66.  Then it takes 20 minutes or so to get to the range from that exit.
Link Posted: 9/10/2004 6:13:32 PM EDT
[#11]
I vote the 26th @sleepycreek earlyish in the morning  ........Im going to be busy the 18-19th,.. To sweeten the deal I should have my Suppressor by then......Udog
Link Posted: 9/10/2004 7:24:24 PM EDT
[#12]
tagged (either weekend is good with us this coming weekend is no good)  ARMLT15 I can install that stock for you.
Link Posted: 9/10/2004 7:53:16 PM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:
tagged (either weekend is good with us)  ARMLT15 I can install that stock for you.

cool, LMK............Tony, what do you need done? Ive got stock tools and am right up the road....
Link Posted: 9/11/2004 6:38:53 AM EDT
[#14]
Hey!

I'm thinking of selling my PO LDA 14.45 SS pistol to buy some AR goodies. Due to circumstances beyond my control pistol shooting (standing) days are a bit diffilcult. Now...rifle shooting off the bench is another matter. I figured I'd bring it down to Bill at Stonewall Arms and see what I can negotiate. If I pick up some additional goodies for my AR, I'll bring them up to the range for some help on installation.
Link Posted: 9/13/2004 9:30:50 AM EDT
[#15]
Crapola..... Well, my wife just informed me that she wants to celebrate our Anniversary this weekend (Our actual Anniversary is the 22nd)..... PLUS my Dad's birthday is Saturday, so it looks like I'm SOL for shooting this weekend.

Unfortunate for me the Mrs. doesn't think popping off rounds at the range is "Romantic"
(If you read this - Just kidding babe! )
Link Posted: 9/13/2004 11:30:56 AM EDT
[#16]
Hey UDog, GotM4

I'm going down to see Bill tommorow AM. I'll let you know what I end up with (if anything). I'm kinda  limited on what I can change on the AR. I would like to get a decent red dot as well as a rail type handguard. I know they make em (handguard) for my type AR. I don't want to screw with removing the MBrake and replacing the gas block. I do like the ACE skeleton stock. Maybe a set of folding iron sights. Whatever you guys decide for "Da Creek" is fine with me.
Link Posted: 9/14/2004 5:54:51 PM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:
Crapola..... Well, my wife just informed me that she wants to celebrate our Anniversary this weekend (Our actual Anniversary is the 22nd)..... PLUS my Dad's birthday is Saturday, so it looks like I'm SOL for shooting this weekend.

Unfortunate for me the Mrs. doesn't think popping off rounds at the range is "Romantic"

(If you read this - Just kidding babe! )

Sending off the Mrs to a Spa on Sunday , so I'm gonna try to get out to the NRA range 1st thing in the Morning. Any of you guys wanna skip Church (cmon! I'm sure there is a late service you can make!)?
Link Posted: 9/14/2004 6:16:56 PM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:
Sending off the Mrs to a Spa on Sunday , so I'm gonna try to get out to the NRA range 1st thing in the Morning.

And she fell for that?  Just don't ruin it by cleaning guns when she gets home!
Link Posted: 9/15/2004 6:18:42 AM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:

Quoted:
Sending off the Mrs to a Spa on Sunday , so I'm gonna try to get out to the NRA range 1st thing in the Morning.

And she fell for that?  Just don't ruin it by cleaning guns when she gets home!

Cleaning Guns, Watching Football, Drinkin' Beer
Link Posted: 9/15/2004 8:12:30 AM EDT
[#20]
I dont know Bout you guys but Im heading up to the Creek tomorrow 9am,... Just got a call from my C3 dealer... My AAC M4-2000 is in. WOOHOOO!  Silence is golden!.......Udog
Link Posted: 9/15/2004 9:27:52 AM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:
I dont know Bout you guys but Im heading up to the Creek tomorrow 9am,... Just got a call from my C3 dealer... My AAC M4-2000 is in. WOOHOOO!  Silence is golden!.......Udog

Don't you need extra paperwork to cross the state line?
Link Posted: 9/15/2004 10:18:38 AM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Not on Suppressors,.. Only on Mg's and SBR's IIRC?!

ETA:
Found here

"Transporting NFA firearms

In terms of moving the weapons around, the following applies.
If you are transporting the weapons within your state, it is wise,
but not required, that you keep a photocopy of the registration
paperwork, whatever it is, with the gun.  Some states do require
this, state law bans all or some NFA weapons, and exempts from the
ban only those possessed in compliance with federal law.  In such
a state you need the federal paperwork to be legal under state law.
If you were a SOT you should keep a copy of your proof of being an
SOT with the paperwork when you move the guns around.  But an
individual who surrenders his SOT can still have weapons that will
be registered on a Form 2 or Form 3 legally, so not having a copy
of the SOT with such paperwork proves nothing.  You need not ask
ATF for permission when you move to a new address within the same
state, nor are you required to advise them of your new address.

To move weapons between states two rules apply.  An individual
must get permission from ATF to move machine guns, short rifles,
short shotguns or destructive devices between states (or to
temporarily export them) before doing so.  This includes taking
them somewhere to shoot them, or when permanently changing
residences. There is a form called a 5320.20, and ATF will always
approve them, and fairly quickly, assuming the purpose (generally
stated) for the movement is legitimate, and the destination state
allows the weapon in question. A licensed dealer can move weapons
(except DD's) interstate at will, no permission is needed.  But
while most states that otherwise prohibit some or all NFA weapons
have exceptions for SOT's, or FFL's, a few do not, and thus the
dealer must make sure he will not be breaking any laws. An
unlicensed individual need not ask permission to move AOW's or
suppressor's interstate,
again watch the laws at the target state.
Having the approved 5320.20 form for a suppressor or AOW can avoid
hassle while traveling.  Lots of folks who think they know
something about the NFA don't know you only need permission for
interstate movement of some NFA weapons.  ATF will approve a
5320.20 for suppressors and AOW's; they will approve a 5320.20 for
an FFL also, even if he doesn't need it by law.  A C&R FFL holder
can move C&R NFA guns interstate without a 5320.20.  See 18 U.S.C.
sec. 922(a)(4) for the statute imposing the 5320.20 requirement."

Link Posted: 9/15/2004 11:17:55 AM EDT
[#23]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Not on Suppressors,.. Only on Mg's and SBR's IIRC?!

Cool.  I haven't taken the plunge yet so I wasn't sure.
Link Posted: 9/19/2004 5:59:15 AM EDT
[#24]
FYI, if anyone is looking for someting to do before Football starts, I'll be at the NRA Range around 11ish with my brother (That is IF I can get on, since It will probably be packed).

ETA: Ill have Red Sox hat and Charleston shirt
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top