Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 2/11/2006 5:59:36 AM EDT
Gonna be at the 200-300 side, no AK's or pistol gripped shotty's please. Anyone going?

Link Posted: 2/11/2006 6:51:59 AM EDT
[#1]
I'll be there but I'll be teachin' my honey to shoot her S&W 357 magnum.  

CMOS
Link Posted: 2/11/2006 8:38:05 AM EDT
[#2]
headin out there today with MauserMark.

eta: probably the worst range experience i have ever had
Link Posted: 2/11/2006 5:21:29 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
Gonna be at the 200-300 side, no AK's or pistol gripped shotty's please. Anyone going?

Well that rules me out
Link Posted: 2/11/2006 5:37:09 PM EDT
[#4]
Might rule me out too, the weather is shit to shoot this weekend(High gusty winds!!!)
Link Posted: 2/11/2006 6:36:03 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
Might rule me out too, the weather is shit to shoot this weekend(High gusty winds!!!)

True.  With that AK + wind you might even hit your car!

CMOS
Link Posted: 2/11/2006 6:52:54 PM EDT
[#6]
yeah, eklikwhoa and I tried it this afternoon.  After attempting to put my targets up in 30mph gusts, and then seeing them ripped off by the wind, we went back and got a rain check.
Link Posted: 2/11/2006 7:28:01 PM EDT
[#7]
I am going to give it a go in the AM.  Hopefully, not too windy between 9-11 or so.  Just got a new scope and would like to get it on the paper.  
Link Posted: 2/11/2006 7:28:17 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
yeah, eklikwhoa and I tried it this afternoon.  After attempting to put my targets up in 30mph gusts, and then seeing them ripped off by the wind, we went back and got a rain check.

This is called Clamps and IPSC targets.

Rookies.

Link Posted: 2/11/2006 7:28:41 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:  eta: probably the worst range experience i have ever had

Why?  
Link Posted: 2/11/2006 9:15:02 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

Quoted:  eta: probably the worst range experience i have ever had

Why?  

I think their targets kept getting blown down by the wind.

Link Posted: 2/11/2006 9:29:05 PM EDT
[#11]
it was too windy to even keep my eyes open to see the targets more less keeping them up.

Link Posted: 2/11/2006 9:35:23 PM EDT
[#12]
Sorry I ddint call anyone for this during the week. Been a long one here and had a football game in this crazy weather today.

Next weekend hopefully it will be better for everyone.

Link Posted: 2/12/2006 7:19:30 AM EDT
[#13]
Wind is out of the WSW at about 10 knots here; I think that I'm gonna just swing by HW for a little while to check out the new spotting scope.
Link Posted: 2/12/2006 8:24:30 AM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:
Wind is out of the WSW at about 10 knots here; I think that I'm gonna just swing by HW for a little while to check out the new spotting scope.

i just woke up...

For the second time today.
Maybe some grilling for me instead.

Link Posted: 2/12/2006 8:29:18 AM EDT
[#15]
I can't believe people are crazy enough to get up at 9 on a weekend.
Link Posted: 2/12/2006 9:24:21 AM EDT
[#16]
Pussies.  

It was a beautiful morning at ASC, cool, crisp, no wind until about 10:30.  Missed you guys.

I did get my new scope sighted in and zeroed at 300 yards, so mission accomplished.  

Scope is special in that is one of the last of its kind, a Premier Reticles boosted Leupold.  I had placed the order back in early December and with Dick's passing and the issues at Premier, I thought I would just never get the order filled.  Well, to my surprise, last week the scope showed up.  They do such a good job and are such good folks, that it just makes me sick about the way Leuopld has treated them as of late.  Sad to see such a good thing go south like that....  

Good shooting, or sleeping, or whatever!!!!!!      

Link Posted: 2/12/2006 12:52:22 PM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:
Pussies.  

It was a beautiful morning at ASC, cool, crisp, no wind until about 10:30.  Missed you guys.

I did get my new scope sighted in and zeroed at 300 yards, so mission accomplished.  

Scope is special in that is one of the last of its kind, a Premier Reticles boosted Leupold.  I had placed the order back in early December and with Dick's passing and the issues at Premier, I thought I would just never get the order filled.  Well, to my surprise, last week the scope showed up.  They do such a good job and are such good folks, that it just makes me sick about the way Leuopld has treated them as of late.  Sad to see such a good thing go south like that....  

Right!!

I shoulda went. Oh well, steaks almost done. And they are Grendel thick!!!

Link Posted: 2/12/2006 3:21:12 PM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:
Pussies.  

Did you drop test the scope?
Link Posted: 2/12/2006 3:26:42 PM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:

Quoted:
Pussies.  

Did you drop test the scope?

No, I learn from the mistakes of others.....  
Link Posted: 2/12/2006 6:01:42 PM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:

No, I learn from the mistakes of others.....  

So that means your not gonna post your results online?

Seriously,
How was shooting. I shoulda  have gone, it turned out alot nicer than the weather prediction.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top