Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Site Notices
9/22/2017 12:11:25 AM
Posted: 2/11/2006 5:59:36 AM EDT
Gonna be at the 200-300 side, no AK's or pistol gripped shotty's please. Anyone going?

Link Posted: 2/11/2006 6:51:59 AM EDT
I'll be there but I'll be teachin' my honey to shoot her S&W 357 magnum.

CMOS
Link Posted: 2/11/2006 8:38:05 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 2/11/2006 3:47:57 PM EDT by eklikwhoa]
headin out there today with MauserMark.

eta: probably the worst range experience i have ever had
Link Posted: 2/11/2006 5:21:29 PM EDT

Originally Posted By Timanator:
Gonna be at the 200-300 side, no AK's or pistol gripped shotty's please. Anyone going?

Well that rules me out
Link Posted: 2/11/2006 5:37:09 PM EDT
Might rule me out too, the weather is shit to shoot this weekend(High gusty winds!!!)
Link Posted: 2/11/2006 6:36:03 PM EDT

Originally Posted By Timanator:
Might rule me out too, the weather is shit to shoot this weekend(High gusty winds!!!)

True. With that AK + wind you might even hit your car!

CMOS
Link Posted: 2/11/2006 6:52:54 PM EDT
yeah, eklikwhoa and I tried it this afternoon. After attempting to put my targets up in 30mph gusts, and then seeing them ripped off by the wind, we went back and got a rain check.
Link Posted: 2/11/2006 7:28:01 PM EDT
I am going to give it a go in the AM. Hopefully, not too windy between 9-11 or so. Just got a new scope and would like to get it on the paper.
Link Posted: 2/11/2006 7:28:17 PM EDT

Originally Posted By MauserMark:
yeah, eklikwhoa and I tried it this afternoon. After attempting to put my targets up in 30mph gusts, and then seeing them ripped off by the wind, we went back and got a rain check.

This is called Clamps and IPSC targets.

Rookies.

Link Posted: 2/11/2006 7:28:41 PM EDT

Originally Posted By eklikwhoa: eta: probably the worst range experience i have ever had

Why?
Link Posted: 2/11/2006 9:15:02 PM EDT

Originally Posted By WalkerTexasRanger:

Originally Posted By eklikwhoa: eta: probably the worst range experience i have ever had

Why?

I think their targets kept getting blown down by the wind.

Link Posted: 2/11/2006 9:29:05 PM EDT
it was too windy to even keep my eyes open to see the targets more less keeping them up.

Link Posted: 2/11/2006 9:35:23 PM EDT
Sorry I ddint call anyone for this during the week. Been a long one here and had a football game in this crazy weather today.

Next weekend hopefully it will be better for everyone.

Link Posted: 2/12/2006 7:19:30 AM EDT
Wind is out of the WSW at about 10 knots here; I think that I'm gonna just swing by HW for a little while to check out the new spotting scope.
Link Posted: 2/12/2006 8:24:30 AM EDT

Originally Posted By murderman:
Wind is out of the WSW at about 10 knots here; I think that I'm gonna just swing by HW for a little while to check out the new spotting scope.

i just woke up...

For the second time today.
Maybe some grilling for me instead.

Link Posted: 2/12/2006 8:29:18 AM EDT
I can't believe people are crazy enough to get up at 9 on a weekend.
Link Posted: 2/12/2006 9:24:21 AM EDT
Pussies.

It was a beautiful morning at ASC, cool, crisp, no wind until about 10:30. Missed you guys.

I did get my new scope sighted in and zeroed at 300 yards, so mission accomplished.

Scope is special in that is one of the last of its kind, a Premier Reticles boosted Leupold. I had placed the order back in early December and with Dick's passing and the issues at Premier, I thought I would just never get the order filled. Well, to my surprise, last week the scope showed up. They do such a good job and are such good folks, that it just makes me sick about the way Leuopld has treated them as of late. Sad to see such a good thing go south like that....

Good shooting, or sleeping, or whatever!!!!!!

Link Posted: 2/12/2006 12:52:22 PM EDT

Pussies.

It was a beautiful morning at ASC, cool, crisp, no wind until about 10:30. Missed you guys.

I did get my new scope sighted in and zeroed at 300 yards, so mission accomplished.

Scope is special in that is one of the last of its kind, a Premier Reticles boosted Leupold. I had placed the order back in early December and with Dick's passing and the issues at Premier, I thought I would just never get the order filled. Well, to my surprise, last week the scope showed up. They do such a good job and are such good folks, that it just makes me sick about the way Leuopld has treated them as of late. Sad to see such a good thing go south like that....

Right!!

I shoulda went. Oh well, steaks almost done. And they are Grendel thick!!!

Link Posted: 2/12/2006 3:21:12 PM EDT

Pussies.

Did you drop test the scope?
Link Posted: 2/12/2006 3:26:42 PM EDT

Originally Posted By jadams951:

Pussies.

Did you drop test the scope?

No, I learn from the mistakes of others.....
Link Posted: 2/12/2006 6:01:42 PM EDT

No, I learn from the mistakes of others.....

So that means your not gonna post your results online?

Seriously,
How was shooting. I shoulda have gone, it turned out alot nicer than the weather prediction.
Top Top