Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 8/12/2005 5:31:38 AM EDT
Good morning Florida brethren & sistren.

I haven't been to a gun show in quite awhile, but I've attended a few in the past (not Suncoast) which were a waste of time, with a meager selection of mostly overpriced junk firearms and a wide array of POS dragon swords from Pakistan, authentic Ninja nunchuks, and all of the latest mall commando gear.  It kind of soured me on gun shows.    

Now I'm seeing billboards for the Suncoast show in Ft. Lauderdale on 8/20-21, and I'm wondering if Suncoast is (generally) a decent show.  

I'm looking to get a couple of new pistols and maybe another AR, and would like to browse a good selection.      

Link Posted: 8/12/2005 6:06:57 AM EDT
[#1]

Your recollection still holds true for the most part.

I go real early on the first day to buy cheap ammo by the case before it's gone.  I've been getting Wolf for internet pricing but w/o the shipping cost.
Link Posted: 8/12/2005 6:28:56 AM EDT
[#2]
My opinion on the Suncoast shows...

Same ole' tired guys, with the same ole' tired stuff.  I only go if I'm selling.

But.. if you haven't been in while, have at it, maybe you'll find something you just can't live without.  
Link Posted: 8/12/2005 7:17:34 AM EDT
[#3]
thanks.  I guess it's probably worth a try; worst-case I'm out $7.  
Link Posted: 8/12/2005 11:19:43 AM EDT
[#4]
Decent show in West Palm Beach this weekend at the South Florida Fairgrounds. There will be a local dealer there selling quality AR & AK receivers & parts at excellent prices.

HTH.
Link Posted: 8/13/2005 5:30:49 AM EDT
[#5]
It is better then staying home and doing nothing. Go have fun spend some money.
Link Posted: 8/13/2005 2:27:19 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
It is better then staying home and doing nothing. Go have fun spend some money.

{mall ninja on}   w3rd  maybe I'll get some new nunchucks. {mall ninja off}
Link Posted: 8/13/2005 6:47:47 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
My opinion on the Suncoast shows...

Same ole' tired guys, with the same ole' tired stuff.  I only go if I'm selling.

But.. if you haven't been in while, have at it, maybe you'll find something you just can't live without.  

+1
you will see somthing cool every once and awile, but then it usualy way over priced ie: ar's for $1,400+(non-purty'd up), aug's 3,700+++(last time i looked,needless to say i havent looked i awhile) good place for bulk ammo and nickidenaks(sp?).  spike, dgs, always strange/neat stuff. amhurst for parts, $ok but then "let the cr@p flow" is abundent like leather desert camo pants, hello kitty mag cozys for barrett 82 mags ect... also say hi to fran, little (old) lady,re-loading supplys, shes just nice to talk to...  it is nice to go once a year, but not much more, it will be pretty much be same the next time you go...  not kidding!
Link Posted: 8/14/2005 9:16:30 AM EDT
[#8]
thanks for the info.  [dramatic sigh]  i guess gun shows are about the same everywhere.  

I'll still probably go, just because I haven't been to a gun show since moving to FL.  best case scenario I find a Kahr MK9 for a decent price; worst case I am out $7.  

I'm submitting the paperwork to the Notorious W.I.F.E. for a kitchen pass.    
Link Posted: 8/14/2005 11:32:03 AM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
thanks for the info.  [dramatic sigh]  i guess gun shows are about the same everywhere.  

I'll still probably go, just because I haven't been to a gun show since moving to FL.  best case scenario I find a Kahr MK9 for a decent price; worst case I am out $7.  

I'm submitting the paperwork to the Notorious W.I.F.E. for a kitchen pass.    

IF you see something that is a lil more then you want to pay talk them down in price. Ask what is the best deal you can give me. OR will you take this in cash. Good luck .
Link Posted: 8/14/2005 1:39:24 PM EDT
[#10]
Where else could you possibly go to for all of  your Airsoft/Beef Jerky/Purple Cleaning solution/stupid wannabe ninja swords necessities

I do go but only because there isnt a whole lot else going on. I go for ammo and misc supplies. The price of  ammo cans is reason enough to pay 7$ to get in.
Link Posted: 8/14/2005 3:46:05 PM EDT
[#11]
IF you see something that is a lil more then you want to pay talk them down in price. Ask what is the best deal you can give me. OR will you take this in cash. Good luck .

cash is king
Link Posted: 8/14/2005 3:47:26 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:
Where else could you possibly go to for all of  your Airsoft/Beef Jerky/Purple Cleaning solution/stupid wannabe ninja swords necessities

I do go but only because there isnt a whole lot else going on. I go for ammo and misc supplies. The price of  ammo cans is reason enough to pay 7$ to get in.

you forgot about Marpat BDU's.                                

<-----()----#####-
Link Posted: 8/14/2005 3:50:31 PM EDT
[#13]
]
you forgot about Marpat BDU's.                                

<-----()----#####-

whoa.  
I just totally interacted with that smilie.  
before today smilies would mock us with their invincibility; now we know how to kill them.  
Link Posted: 8/21/2005 2:19:27 PM EDT
[#14]
argh.  ninja swords, medieval battle axes, and overpriced junk galore.  

there were a few nice guns, but the prices weren't competitive.   The highlight of my trip was seeing a Beretta 21 in .25 auto listed for $500
Link Posted: 8/22/2005 3:19:16 AM EDT
[#15]
argh. ninja swords, medieval battle axes, and overpriced junk galore.

Which is the reason I ignored the Orlando show this weekend. The last show there was overloaded with airsoft junk, knives I wouldn't give my enemies and way overpriced guns. A few dealers had decent prices, but the rest were smokin' crack!

Maybe if gun buyers were to revolt and send letters to the promoters, we'd see more GUN related stuff and the junk shit woulfd be forbidden entry- but don't hold your breath.
Link Posted: 8/22/2005 5:25:21 PM EDT
[#16]
most of the sellers were indeed smoking something...

85% of the guns on display were obviously beat to sh!t, yet the asking price was retail +.  It seemed like there were very few "serious" sellers there; mostly it was just dilettantes who happen to have a collection of very used junk & were trying to pass themselves off as a real gun dealer in order to peddle their sh!t off on unsuspecting buyers for maximum $.

The only vendor I remember whose setup looked professional with prices that seemed to be in the "reasonable" range was Only The Best.  

So far I've found my best deals right here in AR15.com's EE.  
Link Posted: 8/24/2005 2:13:28 PM EDT
[#17]
I went to the Orlando show and tried to buy a SP-1.  It was very nice and had a 1968 serial number and I would have liked to have it.  The dealer was asking $1350 for it plus tax and call in fee.

I asked him very politely what he really needed for the gun.  He said "can't you read the price tag"?  I offered him $1100 and he got all huffy and acted pissed off.  If he would have countered with $1200 I would have got it.

The guy was a real ass.  I think most of the vendors at the Orlando show are assholes.  I know they need to make a profit in order to stay in business biut they don't have to act like dickheads.
Link Posted: 8/24/2005 3:09:02 PM EDT
[#18]
only one i really buy from at them shows is F.A.T(fla ammo traders)he did me well in the past . so he gets all my free cash if i need ammo, or c+r's...everyone else must really like their products collecting dust.....
Link Posted: 8/24/2005 3:57:59 PM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:
I went to the Orlando show and tried to buy a SP-1.  It was very nice and had a 1968 serial number and I would have liked to have it.  The dealer was asking $1350 for it plus tax and call in fee.

I asked him very politely what he really needed for the gun.  He said "can't you read the price tag"?  I offered him $1100 and he got all huffy and acted pissed off.  If he would have countered with $1200 I would have got it.

The guy was a real ass.  I think most of the vendors at the Orlando show are assholes.  I know they need to make a profit in order to stay in business biut they don't have to act like dickheads.

gotta love cl0wnz like that.    "can't you read the price tag?"  that's classic.  
Link Posted: 8/25/2005 4:41:12 AM EDT
[#20]
Only really good shows within reasonable driving distance are the 3 x a year Lakeland Rifle and Pistol club shows at the Lakeland Center a few miles off I4.

Next one is 3rd weekend in September.

Suncoast shows - Yechhh
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top