Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Site Notices
9/22/2017 12:11:25 AM
Posted: 5/31/2003 2:38:10 AM EDT
We all know the Nebraska law pertaining to concealed weapons basically stinks! The whole "prove you had a reason" theory is insulting,but right now(untill a certain Omaha senator gets hit by a falling meteor!),it's the best we "deserve".
This got me to thinking (usually a dangerous prospect).Remeber when (after 9/11)the state capital beefed up their security with all kinds of new things? And now,all we here on a daily basis is this bizzare terror alert level,which is on "high" at the moment. Why could'nt we use that
(terror alert level) to argue that we felt we were in danger and therefore needed to carry a weapon? Kindof taking the govt's word literaly?! Just tell the officer that the terror alert makes you fear for your life!And if you must go to court,argue the same to the judge.
I admit I have too much time on my hands,but what do you all think?
Link Posted: 5/31/2003 3:41:30 AM EDT
Up until recently, most states had the you have to have a reason. It basically gave the state a reason to say no but they had to give one reason to say yes. That reason was the same in three states I lived in.

Handling of money after banking hours.

All you have to say is I work during banking hours and buy...(fill in what ever) and deal in cash and I fear robbery and my life. It's not their place to tell you what you buy or when. That's why most states have dropped the stupid law.

Link Posted: 5/31/2003 6:26:32 PM EDT
I'm not sure if what you are talking about applies in NE. It is up to the officer's discretion if you are to be cited,which pretty much leads to a ticket by default!As they have to cover their butts,(in case the person was to go and "do somthing"). Then you must go to court and "prove" or basically convince the judge or jury that you "needed" to be armed! The legislature has had many chances to do right by it's citizens and change the law and have a more clear-cut statute,but again they have failed to step up! BUT,soon after 9/11,the state capitol spent alot(I forget how much) of money on increased security for the building and all the people within. I,and alot of other Nebraskans find this to be hipocritical,since they will not pass CCW so it's citizens who have need can protect themselves!
Link Posted: 5/31/2003 10:00:59 PM EDT
I know I can because of transporting NFA weapons. I know doctors/drug reps who transport narcotics can. Large amount of cash qualifies, Of course in Omaha city limits because of all the car jackings you can take a class/pay a fee and carry while in your car.

Of course you can open carry. If your not the type that gets frisked a lot, chances are if you are not a flasher you will never get checked, In a vehicle when stopped it's so easy just to set it out in plain site on the dash and not be a problem.
Top Top