Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Site Notices
9/22/2017 12:11:25 AM
Posted: 9/15/2005 3:11:38 AM EDT

Got my C&R paperwork in (you can't download the PDF anymore?!?!? Coulda sworn a few years ago it was downloadable...)..

So I'm surfing the Wright County Sheriff's sight, looking for his contact info to send the CLEO copy to, and I noticed that the sheriff doesn't have a contract with my town...in fact, my town is one of the few in this county that has it's own police force.

So...would I send the CLEO copy to my local police chief, or to the sheriff?

I'm inclined to send it to my local police chief, but getting a backing opinion would be great...
Link Posted: 9/15/2005 5:59:28 AM EDT
I believe it should go to your local police chief. I think it only goes to the Sherriff if you don't have any local law enforcement.

Rick in MN
Link Posted: 9/15/2005 8:00:30 AM EDT
Thanks!
Link Posted: 9/15/2005 11:17:37 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 9/15/2005 11:18:12 AM EDT by akajimmy]
I found out it goes to my local sheriff, after I filled out the application and sent it in.
THe sheriff sent it back and said to bring/mail it to my local.
Link Posted: 9/15/2005 11:29:22 AM EDT

Originally Posted By Evil_Ed:
Got my C&R paperwork in (you can't download the PDF anymore?!?!? Coulda sworn a few years ago it was downloadable...)..

So I'm surfing the Wright County Sheriff's sight, looking for his contact info to send the CLEO copy to, and I noticed that the sheriff doesn't have a contract with my town...in fact, my town is one of the few in this county that has it's own police force.

So...would I send the CLEO copy to my local police chief, or to the sheriff?

I'm inclined to send it to my local police chief, but getting a backing opinion would be great...

In some cities the local Chief of Police has turned over the responsibility to the county Sheriff. Give them a call and they can tell you who the proper person would be.
Top Top