Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login

Posted: 11/1/2009 1:25:29 PM EST
Can anybody recommend a good stun baton?
Link Posted: 11/1/2009 1:29:33 PM EST
Originally Posted By SaltyDog:
Can anybody recommend a good stun baton?

They really are not "good" They only produce localized pain and not a incapacitation like the TASER.
Link Posted: 11/1/2009 1:55:41 PM EST
i like colt and bushmaster for there stuning value
Link Posted: 11/1/2009 3:02:31 PM EST
[Last Edit: 11/12/2009 10:07:59 AM EST by bcw107]
REMOVED

Link Posted: 11/2/2009 4:27:09 AM EST
Unless you are a LEO you will find that carrying "clubs" is illegal. You would be better off carrying a firearm or the previously mentioned taser
Link Posted: 11/3/2009 5:51:34 AM EST
[Last Edit: 11/3/2009 5:54:48 AM EST by StealthCRF]
You can carry it in the car though. I have a long asp that I keep under the seat, but the g19 in the console is closer.

(main use is to keep dogs a little further than arms lengh)

eta: didn't realize you were talking about STUN (electrically) no experience there, the non electric will definetly stun a medium sized dog though
Link Posted: 11/3/2009 6:22:29 AM EST
Originally Posted By StealthCRF:
You can carry it in the car though. I have a long asp that I keep under the seat, but the g19 in the console is closer.

eta: didn't realize you were talking about STUN (electrically) no experience there, the non electric will definetly stun a medium sized dog though

Yeah, not too sure how legal that is...
Link Posted: 11/3/2009 7:03:06 AM EST
Originally Posted By FourStringSlinger:

Texas penal code chapter 46: weapons
http://www.statutes.legis.state.tx.us/Docs/PE/htm/PE.46.htm#46.02
Link Posted: 11/3/2009 8:16:56 AM EST
Originally Posted By FourStringSlinger:

looks pretty legal under 46.02

Sec. 46.02. UNLAWFUL CARRYING WEAPONS. (a) A person commits an offense if the person intentionally, knowingly, or recklessly carries on or about his or her person a handgun, illegal knife, or club if the person is not:

(1) on the person's own premises or premises under the person's control; or

(2) inside of or directly en route to a motor vehicle that is owned by the person or under the person's control.

etc, etc, additional qualifiers if said weapon is a handgun.
Top Top