Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login

Page Hometown » Ohio
Posted: 3/17/2013 6:14:01 AM EDT
Could be very interesting in that city depending on which way this goes.

From what I have seen (videos, articles) I think those boys are guilty and there were a lot of people who could have intervened on the girls behalf. This includes those that helped to hide the evidence after the fact.
Link Posted: 3/17/2013 6:32:37 AM EDT
From what I read about the case. There should have been a LOT more on trial also. And some from the school that tried to cover it up.

Update- 10:30am

Found guilty by the judge.
Link Posted: 3/17/2013 7:24:38 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 3/17/2013 7:26:23 AM EDT by armoredsaint]
just curious why the case ran through the weekend too? are they trying to get this over with ASAP?

seems weird, if they judge found them guilty - wasn't it a jury trial or was this juvie court?
Link Posted: 3/17/2013 7:34:11 AM EDT

seems weird, if they judge found them guilty - wasn't it a jury trial or was this juvie court?

Yes it was Juvy court. Not jury was involved.

And I think they got off VERY EASY, Each of them could be out in 1 year.

Now where are the adult's getting charged for covering it up???

And the charges on the parents of these two? And anyone else that sent the pic's and video of this girl around from web site to website. And smart phone to smart phone.
Link Posted: 3/17/2013 8:02:33 AM EDT
Originally Posted By armoredsaint:
just curious why the case ran through the weekend too? are they trying to get this over with ASAP?

If it was juvie court* that helps covering it up more.
Sealed records and only hold them till what.... till they are 20 maybe?
Who pays much attention to the news on the weekend?
If the school tried to cover it up. That mean the City helped in some way*.
If this came out on Monday ever news source would be running it all day.
Why do you think the Annointed One's Administration releases bad news on the weekend.
My 02cents, even if the girl was so damn drunk to be asking to be raped.
They did not have to do it! I know I'm old school.......Morals!!!

PITA45

Link Posted: 3/17/2013 8:13:33 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 3/17/2013 8:15:42 AM EDT by armoredsaint]

Originally Posted By pita45:
Originally Posted By armoredsaint:

If it was juvie court* that helps covering it up more.
Sealed records and only hold them till what.... till they are 20 maybe?
Who pays much attention to the news on the weekend?
If the school tried to cover it up. That mean the City helped in some way*.
If this came out on Monday ever news source would be running it all day.
Why do you think the Annointed One's Administration releases bad news on the weekend.
My 02cents, even if the girl was so damn drunk to be asking to be raped.
They did not have to do it! I know I'm old school.......Morals!!!

PITA45

stupid-ville has been part of my sales territory for almost 10 years - that town evolves around their "high-school" football team and Frank Sinatra's painting at Kroger

eta: couldn't they've been tried as adults? but i guess the local DA doesn't want to harm the city, i wonder if the OAG will get involved or not?

Link Posted: 3/17/2013 9:40:43 AM EDT
I do wonder if now that the kids have been found guilty if others will be charged with obstruction or tampering with evidence. Sounds like there is pretty good evidence of that occurring.
Link Posted: 3/17/2013 10:25:24 AM EDT

Cover up? I don't think so since they were outed by Anonymous. The rapists may be out of prison in a year but they will never escape being known rapists.

Link Posted: 3/17/2013 3:55:33 PM EDT
So says the main stream idiots that our own Mike DeSwine is putting together a Grand Jury to see if anyone else needs charged in this case. Just as in the Penn State case.

My advice is: "Don't look to hard, I'm sure you'll find more than one Grand Jury can handle".
Link Posted: 3/17/2013 6:59:09 PM EDT
Originally Posted By lvcipriani:

Cover up? I don't think so since they were outed by Anonymous.

I know a lot about stupid-ville i.e. "little chicago". The town is crooked as a dogs hind leg.
Corruption and coverup is the norm.
I guarantee you those two were only the tip of the iceberg and many people who should have been prosecuted are/will be protected.

Link Posted: 3/17/2013 10:15:33 PM EDT
Some people are likely not sleeping well tonight in the ville. The investigators made it clear that several people refused to give statements and I would not be surprised to see some obstruction charges dropped on some people be it the other "kids" or faculty.
People that are stupid enough to photograph, video or send text messages of a crime = it makes the police work a little easier.

A guilty verdict sounds reasonable in this instance.
Link Posted: 3/18/2013 2:52:31 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 3/18/2013 2:52:53 AM EDT by Digital_Chaos]
Let me just put this out there.. How many of you like myself have Daughters? is it enough?
Link Posted: 3/18/2013 11:08:07 AM EDT
Originally Posted By lvcipriani:

Cover up? I don't think so since they were outed by Anonymous. The rapists may be out of prison in a year but they will never escape being known rapists.

Being exposed doesn't mean there wasn't a cover up. Do you know what a cover up is?
Link Posted: 3/18/2013 2:59:09 PM EDT
Link Posted: 3/18/2013 5:12:47 PM EDT
The rest of the state doesn't call it "STUPID-VILLE" for nothing. I'm pretty sure its in the water. You know, down river from Youngstown. And Pittsburgh. ( one for each)
Link Posted: 3/19/2013 5:18:07 AM EDT

Originally Posted By Digital_Chaos:
Let me just put this out there.. How many of you like myself have Daughters? is it enough?

Per USA Today:

Trent Mays, 17, found delinquent (equivalent of guilty in juvenile court), sentenced to at least two years
in detention and a maximum of of confinement until his 21st birthday.

Ma'Lik Richmond, 16, sentenced to at least one year of detention or until his 21st birthday.

Juvenile authorities will decide whether the boys will be released before they turn 21.

--

I have two daughters 15 and 17. What those boys need is a good caning, like that American punk
got in Singapore for graffiti a few years ago. Every day. Until they turn 21. Maybe then they will
learn to keep their perverted paws to themselves.
Link Posted: 3/19/2013 7:02:29 AM EDT
Originally Posted By AKaTom:
Keeps getting better and better, or dumber and dumber
http://m.wtov9.com/news/news/breaking-news-2-arrested-connection-threats-jane-d/nWwmd/

Nah, not surprising at all. Just pretty much par for the course for that area.

This kind of stuff is always covered up down there for the "right people" and I think that is part of the reason why these kids were so brazen about what they did.
Link Posted: 3/19/2013 8:30:35 PM EDT
It could get REAL interesting if teachers and other 'Must report' types knew and didn't. They should be glad the State is taking care of this. I wouldn't want to be a non-reporting teacher and have the FEDS investigate ME for violating the victims civil rights by not reporting it.
Page Hometown » Ohio
Top Top