Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 9/2/2005 12:16:46 PM EDT
I have been listening to the streaming scanner links for Baton Rouge/New Orleans or winzmp for the last day or two, and was wondering if anyone had links for Illinois scanner channels?

I particularly would be interested in the Aurora/Batavia/St. Charles (western subrubs of Chicago) links if there are any.

Just figure it is good to know what is going on!
Link Posted: 9/2/2005 12:32:55 PM EDT
[#1]
This addy should get you started. http://www.cityfreq.com/

Radioshack used to sell books on scanner frequencies that covered almost everything (state, county, local, even comed crews and flight operations). The book that covered Illinois also had Wisconsin and Indiana.
Link Posted: 9/2/2005 12:58:50 PM EDT
[#2]
Awesome, that gets me pointed in the right direction.  It didn't even occur to me that radio shack might possibly carry something related to scanners and radios- usually  I konw more than the kid behind the counter!
Link Posted: 9/2/2005 1:12:39 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 9/2/2005 1:51:45 PM EDT
[#4]
I just bought bulk rice and fuel yesterday, at least I would have something interesting to listen to come the rise of the zombies!
Link Posted: 9/5/2005 5:00:52 AM EDT
[#5]
An alternative to a scanner is a 2 meter ham radio either a portable(walkie-talkie) or a mobile (vehicle mountable,base station). I use one to monitor my area andit works great. I use an Icom IC-V8 and it has great reception. $138 with charger.  I live in Plainfield and can hear Chicago,Oak Lawn, Wilmington and the like clear as day. PM for more info and the different freq's. I have several resources on channels and the PL codes.
Link Posted: 9/5/2005 9:45:32 AM EDT
[#6]
Thanks for the info! I gotta run now but will PM you for more info.

Link Posted: 9/5/2005 5:59:57 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
I just bought bulk rice and fuel yesterday, at least I would have something interesting to listen to come the rise of the zombies!

You ever check out the Survival forum?

I'm not up on the ham/scanning stuff like some of these guys, but there's usually some good comm info over there (along with the rice/fuel/MRE/BOB threads, of course).
Link Posted: 9/6/2005 9:46:26 AM EDT
[#8]
I've never been able to find any illinois streaming scanners, but I have found this link:  county and municipal fcc frequency allocations
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top