Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 10/1/2011 1:45:01 PM EDT
Any one know of any good shops with reloading supplies near Charlotte?  Other then Gander Mountain and Bass Pro.  I'm looking for Vihtavuori N140 powder.  Their websit has Little Hardware Company as a distributor, but they only open M-F 7AM to 5pm.  I'll never make it there during those times.

So where do you all get your stuff?  

By the way, I went to the concord show last week thinking, I would fine it there. Man was I wrong, I didn't even see a table with reloading stuff.

Link Posted: 10/1/2011 8:07:08 PM EDT
[#1]
Little Hardware over by the stadium. Ask for Bobby. They have a ton of powders there, most of the Dillon stuff. pallets of projectiles and some brass.
all of it back in the warehouse, nothing showing out front.

NOI
Link Posted: 10/2/2011 4:05:12 AM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
Little Hardware over by the stadium. Ask for Bobby. They have a ton of powders there, most of the Dillon stuff. pallets of projectiles and some brass.

NOI

beat me to it.

Link Posted: 10/2/2011 4:41:10 AM EDT
[#3]
Little Hardware is the real deal. You have to make time to get there. It will be worth it, trust us on this. It is a very small room in the back that does about $60,000
a month in reloading sales. See Bobby Davis 704-333-3133. Call him and he can usually have the stuff on the front counter waiting for you.

I don't not work for these folks nor get anything from the proceeds. I happen to give them a lot of business because they are great to deal with.
Link Posted: 10/2/2011 5:24:11 AM EDT
[#4]
Well, no s$%^, all this time hidden from me.  I guess I need to take a 3 hour lunch tomorrow. Thanks.
Link Posted: 10/2/2011 5:49:37 AM EDT
[#5]
Yeap, About 5 yrs ago I discovered that they sell ammo. I asked Bobby about it and he said follow me.
We went in the back toward the warehouse thru a plastic curtain, turned left. At this point you can see
the glow of a light coming thru a door on the left. As i got closer you could here what sounds like angels
singing. Enter a small room.......................................... And there it is ... The best sight a reloader could ever
wish for.  Wall full of powder, primers, brass,dies, completed round and anything else. Palets full of every
thought of lead, jacketed, lead, round nose flate nose, semi wads, wads, you name it. If they don't have it,
it's because some one beat you to it. They seem to restock pretty fast.

I am like you. Have to drive 45 minutes to get there using a 2 hr lunch break. But it is worth it.
Bobby is a shooter/reloader himself and is very all knowing when it comes to this stuff.
Link Posted: 10/2/2011 6:03:26 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

NOI

YEP!!
Link Posted: 10/2/2011 6:14:41 AM EDT
[#7]
Any other hidden gems in or by Charlotte that I need to know about?  

Last year I found Ozark Guns for FFL transfers in Gastonia. They do $15 transfers.
Link Posted: 10/2/2011 8:06:35 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Last year I found Ozark Guns for FFL transfers in Gastonia. They do $15 transfers.

the gun slinger and classic arms are GTG.

i shop at little's hardware because it is the last of the true hardware stores, if i need it for work or around the house they will have it, nevermind bobby's back room . they also cary benchmade knives if you didn't know, and can repair most power tools that you can break.

i don't work for littles, eric ( the gunslinger ) or classic arms but i will sure as hell send them as much business that i can. it's nice to have good local folks doing good business.

Link Posted: 10/2/2011 10:48:40 PM EDT
[#9]
I've known Bobby since the '80's  when he had his own gun shop and he's the real deal, old school. I've learned much from him over the years.
Link Posted: 10/3/2011 8:07:03 AM EDT
[#10]
Well, just got back. Did not see bobby, but one of the girls from the front counter took me back.

Walk out with the powder I was looking for plus some extras.

Link Posted: 10/3/2011 9:10:35 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
Well, just got back. Did not see bobby, but one of the girls from the front counter took me back.

This seems to happen to me also.

I go just to get $60.00 worth of stuff, get to the register and end up leaving $250.00 on the counter.

Good sales tactics they use. Must be something they spray in the air.
Link Posted: 10/3/2011 4:28:39 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
Quoted:

I go just to get $60.00 worth of stuff, get to the register and end up leaving $250.00 on the counter.

no, it's just that they have what you need, what you've been looking for but no one else has, and the things you've been thinking about picking up.

don't worry it happens to me as well.
Link Posted: 10/3/2011 4:55:17 PM EDT
[#13]
The company I work for has a account there. We spend a ****load of money there yearly. I have only been there twice because I always send the supt. get my stuff.
I wonder if I could get away with charging stuff from "The fun room"
Link Posted: 10/3/2011 6:06:26 PM EDT
[#14]

It's the man vibe you get from walking into one of the oldest hardware stores around. You feel obligate to buy manly things.
Link Posted: 10/3/2011 7:21:36 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

LOL... Amy at Ozark is a piece of work! I get all my transfers through her. If you have any sort
of 1911 fetish, don't go to her, as she will own your ass like a crack dealer. While she's filling out forms
and chit chatting you up, she will open up some Dan Wesson's and some collectible Colts and urges
you to finger fuck the hell out of them.... then starts talking about how they need a good home, are
collectibles you could hand down to your grand kids... etc etc. She's a damn pusher of the 1911
crack fo sho.

I have to keep my wits when I go in there, she is a temptress wif da gunz!

-ZA
Link Posted: 10/3/2011 7:24:23 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
Little Hardware is the real deal. You have to make time to get there. It will be worth it, trust us on this. It is a very small room in the back that does about $60,000
a month in reloading sales. See Bobby Davis 704-333-3133. Call him and he can usually have the stuff on the front counter waiting for you.

I don't not work for these folks nor get anything from the proceeds. I happen to give them a lot of business because they are great to deal with.

I'll be damned... I think I might need to swing by tommorow at lunch! That's only about 15 min from my office!
I'll make sure to flip Hyatt's the finger on my down 74!!!

-ZA
Link Posted: 10/4/2011 4:45:44 AM EDT
[#17]
Score for me too! I had no idea this place even existed! Now I gotta check it out! Thanks!
Link Posted: 10/4/2011 6:00:22 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
Score for me too! I had no idea this place even existed! Now I gotta check it out! Thanks!

well with all the new business i wonder if we could get an ARFCOM discount

Link Posted: 10/5/2011 3:26:55 AM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:

Quoted:

well with all the new business i wonder if we could get an ARFCOM discount

I like the way you think!

Link Posted: 10/5/2011 8:55:03 AM EDT
[#20]
I wonder if they have seen an increase of people asking about the secret room.  From what I bought, the prices are spot on to internet pricing but a discount would be nice.  
Link Posted: 10/5/2011 4:57:25 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
I wonder if they have seen an increase of people asking about the secret room.  From what I bought, the prices are spot on to internet pricing but a discount would be nice.  

lol ... the last time i was in there picking up some stuff for work, bobby came up from behind, tapped me on the shoulder and said " we got a few more 8 lb kegs of varget in the back "  .... i said no thanks, i have'nt shot the rounds my buddy loaded up for me yet. with a wink and a nod he said " well when you do, just come see me"

i flagged him down a little later and asked if he had any ammo boxes for .308 .... he smiled and said " ya we got what you need in the back, come on" of course once back there it was like " are you sure you don't need ... we just got some ... how about ... and have you seen "

damm this guy should give lessons to the crack dealers on freedom drive .... talk about a pusher jeeeesh

Link Posted: 10/8/2011 5:26:05 PM EDT
[#22]
Stopped by last week and saw Bobby, picked up a lb of AA2200 for my 6.8 and some primers. This place is the SHIZZNIT!
The ONLY thing they don't have that I need are Hornady dies and press parts. If you are a Dillon guy, Bobby
can be your koolaid dealer!

The guy has a seriously impressive array of powders, and a nice selection of bullets and primers as well. The
powder he has is over the top... KICK ASS!

-ZA
Link Posted: 10/10/2011 10:57:47 AM EDT
[#23]
Went back today, and he was busy, there was like 10 of us in the back room.  Ended up spending more then I wanted .  I need to stay away for a while.  
Link Posted: 10/11/2011 1:46:41 PM EDT
[#24]
i had to go back to my dealer for a fix

500 small rifle primers
1 lb of 1680
1 lb of vith n110

didn't have any 220 / 240 smk's or 208 amax in .30
Link Posted: 11/19/2011 8:40:01 PM EDT
[#25]
I have been there twice now.  They are great people and their prices are friggin excellent.  The lack of a HAZMAT charge or shipping makes it even money vs an internet purchase.  The selection is pretty good and they say they will order most anything if it can be had at the distributor.

I will no longer be buying much online.  I used to get things in VA at gun shows, but I have been told there are pretty weak reloading supplies at the local gun shows.
Link Posted: 11/19/2011 10:50:57 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
Quoted:

LOL... Amy at Ozark is a piece of work! I get all my transfers through her. If you have any sort
of 1911 fetish, don't go to her, as she will own your ass like a crack dealer. While she's filling out forms
and chit chatting you up, she will open up some Dan Wesson's and some collectible Colts and urges
you to finger fuck the hell out of them.... then starts talking about how they need a good home, are
collectibles you could hand down to your grand kids... etc etc. She's a damn pusher of the 1911
crack fo sho.

I have to keep my wits when I go in there, she is a temptress wif da gunz!

-ZA

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top