Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 2/21/2006 3:09:25 PM EDT
I just bought 2K of ammo and 2 holsters from Sportsmans guide.

UPS tracked one item number at 68 lbs. A box arrived (unopened weighing 2 lbs with my holsters in it).

Called Sportsman guide - 3 boxes shipped with no back ordered items. Call UPS again they said!

I called UPS - they said "UGhhh?" We have had an increase of "problems" in the LV area. As he typed up a report and said, "It happens so often lately, I know the Las Vegas processing number by heart." "You aren't the guy with the NAFTA stuff missing right?"

I responded "North America Free Trade Agreement"?  He said "no the National Firearms Agreement or Association, you know machineguns and such".  

I just about crapped!

So just some info: If it is importantant, ship it some other way if possible.

Damn...............I'd be PISSED!

BTW: Sportsman Guide sent out a reshipment the same day, no BS or hassle!

+1 to the Sportsman Guide!

V
OUT

Link Posted: 2/21/2006 3:28:26 PM EDT
[#1]
V,

You can request an adult signature. If no one is there to accept the package(s) all you have to do is mark the yellow UPS ticket that the driver leaves stating that you will pick up the delivery physically from UPS. Then go to UPS with the delivery slip and get your stuff.

I have done this before and it is very secure.
Link Posted: 2/21/2006 3:43:25 PM EDT
[#2]
UPS sucks...they have delievered my packages to some unknown and then told me I had to retrieve them...thanks assholes...been using FedEx with no problems for over a year now. I know you may not have a choice of how its sent sometimes but Id sure bitch about having to use UPS.
Link Posted: 2/21/2006 4:13:50 PM EDT
[#3]
You are lucky. It took SG over a month to fix my order. Never found out if it was SG or UPS that messed up.  SG dragged their feet in taking care of it.  I asked for "signature required" on the replacement order and drove up as UPS was leaving the order on my porch.
Link Posted: 2/21/2006 4:52:50 PM EDT
[#4]
F*ck SportmansGuide and Further more F*ck'em again,,,,posted about this sometime back and Folks yawned(got Nastey e-mail etc.) but Hey we can all learn one way or the other,Experience is a True Teacher  I and others Refuse to do business with this Gary Owen or whatever Maggots are behind it F U!
Link Posted: 2/21/2006 5:19:51 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
V,

You can request an adult signature. If no one is there to accept the package(s) all you have to do is mark the yellow UPS ticket that the driver leaves stating that you will pick up the delivery physically from UPS. Then go to UPS with the delivery slip and get your stuff.

This was with a signature.

My spouse signed for it.

It was stolen PRIOR to deliverey (while in UPS's custody).

V
OUT
Link Posted: 2/21/2006 5:29:50 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

Quoted:
V,

This was with a signature.

My spouse signed for it.

It was stolen PRIOR to deliverey (while in UPS's custody).

V
OUT

Oh I see.

Nothing you could have done could have prevented it then.
Link Posted: 2/24/2006 7:38:16 PM EDT
[#7]
I had a similar problem with the USPS.  I used to have Netflix and for some reason, most of my movies weren't been coming in.  A few times, the envelopes were opened and USPS had to stick them in a clear plastic bag that said something about it being "damaged" while in transit.   I guess the asshole that opened it didn't like season 2 of 24...

I never had this happen while I was living back home in CA.  Oh well.  
Link Posted: 2/25/2006 7:25:08 AM EDT
[#8]
Netflix is based out of CA is probably why.

They are also starting to "throttle" which means slowing down the reception and shipping of their movies to you if you rent to many and are efficient with returns. It makes them lose money when they rent to people like me who get about 12 movies a month compared to the average person who rents 4-8 per month.

My buddy Bob's (still in PA) next door neighbor is starting a class action suit (one of three on the original suit) against them because of it.

Netflix is still too cost effective and convenient to disregard.

V
OUT
Link Posted: 2/25/2006 9:35:15 AM EDT
[#9]
Got a link to the gripes about Sportsman's Guide? I have had only 1 problem so far and they took care of it to my satisfaction.

UPS is terrible here. they lose packages all the time. I use Fedex whenever possible.

Netflix has a Las Vegas warehouse now too :)
Link Posted: 2/25/2006 11:11:44 AM EDT
[#10]
Oh, I have some Vegas UPS stories...often dread sets in if that's my only shipping option. Sometimes it's fine, other times a major headache. Spent many a lunch hour at the MLK facility.

Netflix has been throttling for a long time, but we're still having fairly good service from them. Working out better than Buttbuster.
Link Posted: 2/25/2006 11:50:00 AM EDT
[#11]

buttercupp-
I'm guessing you visit the MLK location due to "work" convenience. Their other location, off Warm Springs and Bermuda is a relative pleasure for me; occasionally busy but just as often empty.....
Link Posted: 2/25/2006 12:46:44 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:
buttercupp-
I'm guessing you visit the MLK location due to "work" convenience. Their other location, off Warm Springs and Bermuda is a relative pleasure for me; occasionally busy but just as often empty.....

Yep, only about 7 minutes from work. When I put a package on will call, it only gives me the MLK facility for a choice though.

One time, when picking up ammo there, the guy asked "what's in the box, gumballs?"
The box is stamped small arms ammo, silly.

Customer service has been good there...just the rest of the UPS process is dicey.
Link Posted: 2/25/2006 4:22:17 PM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:
Netflix has a Las Vegas warehouse now too :)

Yes they do!  My problem wasn't Netflix, it was the USPS employees stealing/looking at my movies.
And I never had a problem with throttling since I was on the 3 at a time program.
Link Posted: 2/28/2006 7:07:04 PM EDT
[#14]
Ammo arrived today.

Box looked like it was a WWF competitor..........

As is described.....147 ball....awesome........

FIDO........

V
OUT
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top