Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 5/11/2009 10:37:31 AM EDT
****UPDATE*****
I was paid a visit by the local PD last night. Buffalo PD notified them that the Kawasaki had shown up at thier impound!!! They didn't know how long it had been there or how it got there but it was there!!! WOO-HOOO, But wait...theres a catch....Shortly after the initial discussion with Buffalo PD, the local PD got a call back saying that someone had cut through the fence at the impound lot and stolen it again!!!!! WTF...apparently this happen several times a year...They have survalence at the lot but the video is too poor to ID anyone....TALK ABOUT A FRIGGIN KICK IN THE TEETH!!!

All, please be on the look out for my Son's stlen dirtbikes. They were stolen from my back yard in Cuba, NY some time within the last 5 days.
Details:
2002 Suzuki JR80, yellow with black seat, racing number 241 on front and side plates.
2003 Kawasaki KDX50, Green with black seat and white number plates, Number 1 on racing plates and a lot of racing stickers on fenders. Also had training wheels attached.

My Boy's are heartbroke. Especially my 4 yr old never even got the chance to ride as he was too small last season and was really looking forward to ride with his brother and dad...He keeps asking his Mom why someone would take his bike from him...

Please keep an eye out for anyone trying to sell these.

UPDATE:

Even though they have not been found, there is evidence to lead us to think that it was some local kids that took them. Initially the PD thought that someone pulled over and loaded them up and drove off, but I was able to locate two distict tracks from the bikes being pushed throught the hay feild behind my house. One of the track I was able to follow about 1/4 mile through the hay field to the edge of the road across the street from a "local troubled youths" garage. The other bike was pushed in a different direction, with me loosing the tracks at the woods line at the back of the hay field.
If someone were to pull over and grab and run, both bikes would have been pushed to the same location where they would have been loaded up. I am thinking the larger bike made it to the youths house and the smaller bike with training wheels was stashed in the woods for later retrieval.
The PD is well aware of the youth as he is in trouble quite a bit. They made a visit to his house but got no answer. They plan on interviewing him and are pretty confident that they can get a confession if he is the guilty party. I sure as hell hope we can locate them as it is tearing me and my wife up explaining to my 4 yr old why someone could be so mean and steal his bike...he just keeps moaping around the house, asking why they would steal "his" bike...

Here are two of my boys on them last summer...

ETA Pictures
Link Posted: 5/11/2009 3:11:32 PM EDT
[#1]
Thanks to the BS laws, you can't even buy new replacement bikes. I will keep the look out, sorry that scumbags got to ya.
Link Posted: 5/11/2009 4:34:59 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 5/11/2009 4:52:43 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
Thanks to the BS laws, you can't even buy new replacement bikes.

Dirtbikes are illegal now?
Link Posted: 5/11/2009 5:41:55 PM EDT
[#4]
I'm originally from Cuba, if Kids took them I will be willing to bet they surface.

Puts it right into perspective when you see the kids on the bikes.

I hate a thief  !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Link Posted: 5/11/2009 6:51:51 PM EDT
[#5]
Just a guess but they may have stashed them in the woods and not at there house if it was that local kid. I would ask the cop to look around the property and not just garage or tool shed. But thats just me thinking out loud. Good luck.
Link Posted: 5/11/2009 6:52:55 PM EDT
[#6]
ill tip my dad off ..  he's a LEO in the WNY area (exact location will remain disclosed)    ill email him the pics on his PDA ..  ya never know!
Link Posted: 5/12/2009 4:26:16 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Just a guess but they may have stashed them in the woods and not at there house if it was that local kid. I would ask the cop to look around the property and not just garage or tool shed. But thats just me thinking out loud. Good luck.

That is exactly what I was thinking...
I have been wandering the woods where I followed the one set of tracks, but I was not able to spot anything.
I did notice some tire tracks where someone was riding a dirtbike around the perimiter of another field up on top of the hill from the kids house but It is posted property that belongs to a "weekend warrior" and I didn't want to get caught up there.
PD payed another visit to the kids house earlier today but no one around again. He said he walked the yard looking for any signs. there is a car in the drive now as I type this and I notified the officer that someone may be there. they are going to make another trip up after court.
Link Posted: 5/12/2009 4:26:48 PM EDT
[#8]

ill tip my dad off .. he's a LEO in the WNY area (exact location will remain disclosed) ill email him the pics on his PDA .. ya never know!

I appreciate it!
Link Posted: 5/13/2009 4:30:09 PM EDT
[#9]
hopefully they do a better job finding who stole your stuff that the PD does around here finding all of my stolen stuff. Its hard to see scumbags get away with this stuff when it effects kids that have not done anything wrong.
Link Posted: 5/13/2009 4:55:50 PM EDT
[#10]
Franklinville here....keeping eyes open
Link Posted: 5/13/2009 7:07:52 PM EDT
[#11]
Keep a eye on craigslist just in case they try and sell it in the aera.
Link Posted: 6/17/2009 4:19:25 AM EDT
[#12]
Update in original post!!
Link Posted: 6/17/2009 4:42:13 AM EDT
[#13]
Although I don't live in your area, I did browse through my local Craigslist.  Nothing.

Hope everything works out for you.

Quoted:
Thanks to the BS laws, you can't even buy new replacement bikes.

I don't get it.
Link Posted: 6/17/2009 5:33:03 AM EDT
[#14]
bike may contain lead ... cannot be used by a minor ITS THE LAW
Link Posted: 6/17/2009 6:55:24 AM EDT
[#15]
Sucks you aren't near SJ, I have a Suzuki 50 that just needs a little TLC I'd give your boy, but the gas and tolls you'd spend to come get it wouldn't be worth it. Good luck
Link Posted: 6/17/2009 8:13:30 AM EDT
[#16]
****UPDATE*****
I was paid a visit by the local PD last night. Buffalo PD notified them that the Kawasaki had shown up at thier impound!!! They didn't know how long it had been there or how it got there but it was there!!! WOO-HOOO, But wait...theres a catch....Shortly after the initial discussion with Buffalo PD, the local PD got a call back saying that someone had cut through the fence at the impound lot and stolen it again!!!!! WTF...apparently this happen several times a year...They have survalence at the lot but the video is too poor to ID anyone....TALK ABOUT A FRIGGIN KICK IN THE TEETH!!!

Wow what a joke.. Why have survalence if it sucks. I bet if it were their stuff in the impound lot there be better protection.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top