Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 9/24/2004 5:44:55 PM EDT
It must be my Birthday. I just got two AR kits in the mail to day. I have not shot an AR15 in about 8 years. My lower receivers should be here any day now. The uppers are all together. I just need to assemble the lowers. I forgot to order the Telescoping Stock Wrench ( to tighten telescoping stock lock ring)... Any one near Puyallup have one for sale or rent? Or do you know of a shop that might have one? Or if you want I'll buy one of you guys a 6 pack of Beer, if you want to help me through them together. Thx....

Thanks Railgun... I went ahead and ordered one from Bill. and I edited this so it could fall off....
Link Posted: 9/24/2004 6:02:31 PM EDT
[#1]
They're like $5 from places like Tapco and Bushmaster. Just get one. :D

Or, you could just get an AR15 Armorer's Wrench, that's got one on it too, and you could use the Wrench later on down the road.

-U-
Link Posted: 9/24/2004 7:20:04 PM EDT
[#2]
www.ar15.com/forums/topic.html?b=7&f=25&t=220893
This guy lists for $8.00 out of Oregon.

Railgun....
Link Posted: 9/25/2004 4:56:00 AM EDT
[#3]
As Tom Leykis say's....

"I'm here to help."

Good deal man, I need to do the same thing, when funds provide, to get a real collapsable on my official AR-15.com Limited Edition!

BTW is the website still doing the limited edition group buys? I was away for quite a while due to 'puter meltdown HD. My financials aren't what they used to be but I want to see what I missed out on.

Railgun....
Link Posted: 9/28/2004 11:46:12 PM EDT
[#4]
Hey folks!

I have a Post Banned Bushmaster M4A3 and has the fixed tele stock.  I want replace that and put a collapsible tele stock in there.  
Is this possible?  Will it fit?

Thank You.
Link Posted: 10/15/2004 1:20:24 AM EDT
[#5]
I finally got my collapsible stock, but I need a stock wrench, does any local store sell it instead of ordering online which causes a $3 shipping charge?  Thanks....
Link Posted: 10/15/2004 2:28:57 AM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
I finally got my collapsible stock, but I need a stock wrench, does any local store sell it instead of ordering online which causes a $3 shipping charge?  Thanks....

Where are you?...

Most of us that have them will let you use ours if you are willing to come over/ or meet at the show's.
Link Posted: 10/15/2004 4:07:12 PM EDT
[#7]
I'm in Tukwila by Seatac Airport area.  The monroe show is too far.  I go to Puyallup a lot cause my daughter lives there.  Thanks in advance.

- Manuel
Link Posted: 10/15/2004 4:21:13 PM EDT
[#8]
You can usually get it tight enough to mess with by using a strap wrench.
Link Posted: 10/15/2004 4:51:01 PM EDT
[#9]
is there another way of removing the old non collapsible stock without using a stock wrench?
If not then I'll have to order and that will take a couple of weeks.  :-(
Link Posted: 10/15/2004 5:02:36 PM EDT
[#10]
You want to remove an imitation collapsible?

Use a punch and hammer to get the lockring to loosen.
Link Posted: 10/15/2004 8:11:47 PM EDT
[#11]
I don't wanna destroy it, someone might want it for $25.

Link Posted: 10/15/2004 9:24:02 PM EDT
[#12]
If you set the punch firmly in the hole you should do little if any damage to it.

I've succesfully used the same technique to tighten the lock ring.  YES, it did go more smoothly than my recoil check removal did.
Link Posted: 10/15/2004 9:42:59 PM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:
You want to remove an imitation collapsible?

Use a punch and hammer to get the lockring to loosen.

Yes I wanna remove an imitation, and I don't have a punch either.  I think I need to just order the wrench from a store locally.  Anyone know who might sell em or will order for me?

Thanks...
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top