Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login

Site Notices
4/22/2019 5:32:20 PM
Posted: 11/20/2008 2:54:17 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 11/20/2008 3:51:40 PM EDT by luvmyglock]
Let me start off by saying that I am new on this forum. I recently moved to WA (lacey), and bought an AR. I was wondering if anybody in the area has a stock wrench to remove my buffer tube for installation of a sling plate. I am too cheap to buy one, and looking to meet some decent people in the area as well, so figured I could kill two birds with one stone here...obviously the obligatory beer would be provided for the duration of the operation......

EDITED TO ADD: Just called Sportsmans Warehouse here in Lacey. They wanted $40 for one!!!! Anybody know, in the event that I can't borrow one, who sells them at a more reasonable rate than that? I work in Seattle, so anywhere between Lacey and Seattle is fair game. Thanks!!!!!!!!!!!
Link Posted: 11/20/2008 3:18:32 PM EDT
There are a million stock wrenches in the naked city.......I have one at your disposal, if ever you deem to grace Spanaway with your noobishness.
Link Posted: 11/20/2008 3:28:06 PM EDT
You got a single point sling didnt ya?

If I might make a suggestion. While those look cool as heck if for some reason you are forced to move with your rifle not in hand the single point becomes a liability in very short order.

I tried to use one in a carbine class and it did nothing but get jacked up when moving or transitioning in the kneeling. Then I rigged my sling in Basic to a single point setup and ran drills with it there. Not a good idea.

It is all personal preference but since you are new to this I figured I would give you a heads up on MY preference....not that you asked.
Link Posted: 11/20/2008 3:48:21 PM EDT
Originally Posted By bobbitybobbity:
There are a million stock wrenches in the naked city.......I have one at your disposal, if ever you deem to grace Spanaway with your noobishness.

Thanks. I may just have to do that if nobody is closer. Of course, by the time I pay for gas to Spanaway and Beer I could have just bought a wrench...LOL.
Link Posted: 11/20/2008 3:50:01 PM EDT
Originally Posted By Berzerker77:

If I might make a suggestion. While those look cool as heck if for some reason you are forced to move with your rifle not in hand the single point becomes a liability in very short order.

I tried to use one in a carbine class and it did nothing but get jacked up when moving or transitioning in the kneeling. Then I rigged my sling in Basic to a single point setup and ran drills with it there. Not a good idea.

It is all personal preference but since you are new to this I figured I would give you a heads up on MY preference....not that you asked.

Thanks for the advice. I dont plan on doing moving drills at this point. This is mainly just for range use. I have a two-point, and am working on a three point for that kind of stuff! Thanks for the advice.

Link Posted: 11/20/2008 3:59:04 PM EDT
Originally Posted By luvmyglock:
Originally Posted By bobbitybobbity:

Thanks. I may just have to do that if nobody is closer. Of course, by the time I pay for gas to Spanaway and Beer I could have just bought a wrench...LOL.

But then you wouldn't have gotten to meet bobbity and the gimp.
Link Posted: 11/20/2008 4:06:41 PM EDT

Thanks for the advice. I dont plan on doing moving drills at this point. This is mainly just for range use. I have a two-point, and am working on a three point for that kind of stuff! Thanks for the advice.

Stick with the 2 point if you are a novice with the system. for the best of both worlds, stability and transitional capability, I suggest attaching it just behind the receiver on the stock and about 2 inches forward of the receiver on the handguard.
Link Posted: 11/20/2008 4:09:22 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 11/20/2008 4:09:51 PM EDT by luvmyglock]

Stick with the 2 point if you are a novice with the system. for the best of both worlds, stability and transitional capability, I suggest attaching it just behind the receiver on the stock and about 2 inches forward of the receiver on the handguard.

Thanks once again for the advice. I am probably going to make a single point sling that can be used as a 2 point as well and utilize this way of setting up. Seems like a good way to do things. We'll see once I get it installed...it's an HK loop plate, but I can deal with that in either circumstance..
Link Posted: 11/20/2008 4:23:59 PM EDT
shoot me an im, im right here in yelm, and i have ar tools falling out of stuff.
Link Posted: 11/20/2008 4:32:28 PM EDT
Originally Posted By GlockLuvinRedleg:
shoot me an im, im right here in yelm, and i have ar tools falling out of stuff.

Thanks GlockLuvinRedleg....sent ya a PM!!!!
Link Posted: 11/20/2008 6:41:02 PM EDT

I have two different style wrenches and I am in Olympia... I may be able to meet you somewhere tomorrow... But it is wifes birthday tomorrow so I don't know if I can even make it out of the house...
Link Posted: 11/20/2008 6:49:51 PM EDT
Originally Posted By Neo1130:

I have two different style wrenches and I am in Olympia... I may be able to meet you somewhere tomorrow... But it is wifes birthday tomorrow so I don't know if I can even make it out of the house...

Well tell her we said happy birthday!
Link Posted: 11/20/2008 6:52:31 PM EDT

I wont have the parts for a bit anyways...I sent payment to SUNDOG from this forum yesterday for the parts. It will prob be a week or so. Wanna meet up in a week or so for beer and installation?
Link Posted: 11/20/2008 7:04:34 PM EDT
Welcome noob, Wheres the beer?
I also have Rifle tools.
Link Posted: 11/20/2008 7:07:53 PM EDT
How the FUCK do they always seem to forget the beer? That's like 6 this week already.

Link Posted: 11/20/2008 7:11:30 PM EDT
Reach down your pants, down betwen your legs.

Did you find a dick and a set of balls?

That means that you are a man.

Men buy the tools they need to perform the job on hand.

Link Posted: 11/20/2008 7:25:37 PM EDT
Originally Posted By KA3B:
Reach down your pants, down betwen your legs.

Did you find a dick and a set of balls?

That means that you are a man.

Men buy the tools they need to perform the job on hand.

I know that most guys would get all pissy about this comment, but I cant get pissy till I stop laughing damnit!! Nice, nice....I'll admit you have a point here...
Link Posted: 11/20/2008 7:26:09 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 11/20/2008 7:27:38 PM EDT by luvmyglock]
Who's forgetting beer here?....review the original post...OH, and
there ya go...
Link Posted: 11/20/2008 7:34:45 PM EDT

I wont have the parts for a bit anyways...I sent payment to SUNDOG from this forum yesterday for the parts. It will prob be a week or so. Wanna meet up in a week or so for beer and installation?

Lemme know! I are sort of teh noobz too so us noobz will probably get more respect if we show up in groups...
Link Posted: 11/20/2008 8:01:54 PM EDT

Lemme know! I are sort of teh noobz too so us noobz will probably get more respect if we show up in groups...

Neo can't handle beer. I gave 2 cans one night and he was huggin the toilet
all night.
Link Posted: 11/20/2008 8:27:36 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 11/20/2008 9:00:05 PM EDT by Neo1130]
Originally Posted By skunk731:

Neo can't handle beer. I gave Some random pedophile gave Neo2 cans 2 cases one night and he was huggin the toilet
all night.

Let's not forget how old I was Skank...
Link Posted: 11/20/2008 8:37:06 PM EDT
Originally Posted By GlockLuvinRedleg:.

The musky stench of Glock love is hanging heavy in the air.

Creepy.
Link Posted: 11/21/2008 4:15:30 PM EDT
Top Top