Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 10/1/2005 9:28:02 AM EDT
Went out to the beach last night with the wife to watch the sun set.
It was getting cold as heck, so after sitting on one of the benches for about a hald hour the wife was cold, so we hopped inside the car, started the engine and warmed up.
About 10 minutes later 4 people came up from the beach carrying kayaks and went to a new Volvo wagon and started to strap them to the roof.
One of them came over, knocked on the window and told me "Hey, did you know you are wasting fossile fuel and polluting the environment by sitting in your car with the engine on."
I looked over at him while I pushed down on the accelerator and flipped him off.
I was going to say something to him, but the wife gave me one of her "looks".

Two days ago I was stuck on Hwy 20 behind a late 60's early 70's hippy VW van. The speed limit is 55, the van was doing 45. Of course it had Kerry Edwards stickers on it, along with greenpeace and Bush Sucks stickers on it.
One stickers said "I may be slow, but at least I am not wasting gas in a SUV".
The funny part was the engine was running rich, there was black exhaust soot all over the back of the van and it was belching white oil smoke from the engine.
I was able to pass it up, and as I did I looked over at the van and saw a hippy couple in it who made it a point to shake their heads in disapproval when I went by.
I made sure to flip them off as I pulled in front of them.

Fuckers are going to complain that I am wasting fossil fuel when they drove two cars to the beach to go kayaking and going to have stickers proclaiming how responsible they are with fossil fuel when there van is in serious need of a tune-up and an overhaul.  

Link Posted: 10/1/2005 9:35:16 AM EDT
[#1]
Thats why I drive dirty diesels, one was dogging along 10 miles under the limit with the drivers window down, I filled the inside of it's car with black diesel soot, that haapened years ago but ti still makes me laugh.
Link Posted: 10/1/2005 9:41:35 AM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 10/1/2005 9:55:56 AM EDT
[#3]
Glad to know I'm not the only one that sees this stuff and has the same feelings about it.
Being behind Seattle Liberals, viewing the same kind of crap from the Driver's seat of the Bus, I have to grit my teeth...flipping them off  "wouldn't be prudent".
Link Posted: 10/1/2005 12:20:17 PM EDT
[#4]

Joe, was it you that had that loony left window shade on the back of your truck?...

I would love to get ahold of one of those for where I work.
Link Posted: 10/1/2005 3:08:48 PM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 10/1/2005 3:12:04 PM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 10/1/2005 3:12:35 PM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 10/1/2005 5:54:57 PM EDT
[#8]
How do you think I feel, I work in a volvo dealership!  About 90% of our customers are tree hugging, liberal hippies.
Link Posted: 10/1/2005 6:01:52 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
How do you think I feel, I work in a volvo dealership!  About 90% of our customers are tree hugging, liberal hippies.

Sounds like you need a switch. All I see the loggers drive are Fords.
Link Posted: 10/1/2005 7:08:45 PM EDT
[#10]
I would change, but everyone in my department (parts) are very conservative, and all gun owners.  It is kind of cool to have "department meetings" at the gun range.  you should hear all of the trash we talk about our hippy-liberal customers.  It kind of makes up for having to deal with stupid sheep people.
Link Posted: 10/1/2005 7:15:08 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:
Went out to the beach last night with the wife to watch the sun set.
It was getting cold as heck, so after sitting on one of the benches for about a hald hour the wife was cold, so we hopped inside the car, started the engine and warmed up.
About 10 minutes later 4 people came up from the beach carrying kayaks and went to a new Volvo wagon and started to strap them to the roof.
One of them came over, knocked on the window and told me "Hey, did you know you are wasting fossile fuel and polluting the environment by sitting in your car with the engine on."

Damn! It's people like them that give Volvo drivers a bad name.

[Ducking down in my 240 as I drive by]

Which beach?

Fred
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top