Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Link Posted: 8/18/2017 5:53:37 PM EDT
[#1]
I didn't know the guy really...  Been in the shop a few times on the way from St. Louis to Fredericktown and back...

Wonder if we'll here what really happened??? Or Why I mean...
Link Posted: 8/18/2017 10:45:34 PM EDT
[#2]
Dang.

Is this the one on 67/Meyer or the one next to the post office?
Link Posted: 8/19/2017 2:26:54 PM EDT
[#3]
On 67. He seemed to be a great guy the few times I was in there.
Link Posted: 8/19/2017 5:31:35 PM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 8/19/2017 7:52:57 PM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
On 67. He seemed to be a great guy the few times I was in there.
View Quote
Dang. He was a good guy & that was a good shop. Last I talked to him he said they were planning for an indoor range.

I hope the shop keeps going.
Link Posted: 8/19/2017 8:50:18 PM EDT
[#6]
I was shocked to read this yesterday.
While I haven't talked to him in a few years, and we weren't close, Steve seemed like a good guy.
I searched his name again this morning, and saw an article saying his girlfriend was not charged or arrested, but was a suspect. Of course I think this is usually the case right.
Link Posted: 8/22/2017 8:49:27 PM EDT
[#7]
The girlfriend has now been arrested.

http://fox2now.com/2017/08/22/woman-charged-in-murder-of-festus-man/
Link Posted: 8/23/2017 11:56:10 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
The girlfriend has now been arrested.

http://fox2now.com/2017/08/22/woman-charged-in-murder-of-festus-man/
View Quote
I hate to judge, but she looks like a worn out meth whore...

I had a feeling that there was more to this than a simple Burglary.
Link Posted: 10/8/2017 5:15:49 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

I hate to judge, but she looks like a worn out meth whore...

I had a feeling that there was more to this than a simple Burglary.
View Quote
The bitch off'ed herself:

http://www.stltoday.com/news/local/crime-and-courts/jefferson-county-woman-accused-of-killing-boyfriend-commits-suicide-in/article_365c00be-eb3c-5e0d-8b1f-92c637c068c9.html#tncms-source=home-latest-3
Link Posted: 10/8/2017 5:53:00 PM EDT
[#10]
I just read that. Good riddance!
Link Posted: 10/8/2017 7:37:53 PM EDT
[#11]
only one store left in CC/Festus, DeRanged just got his ffl
Link Posted: 10/8/2017 8:28:45 PM EDT
[#12]
Link Posted: 10/9/2017 11:02:59 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

What a POS... Killed herself and left her kids to fend for themselves...
View Quote
Hate to say it, but with a POS mother like that, the kids may be better off...  Lets just hope they land with either good relatives that know and love them or Great Fosters that will do the same...
Link Posted: 10/9/2017 6:39:17 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

Hate to say it, but with a POS mother like that, the kids may be better off...  Lets just hope they land with either good relatives that know and love them or Great Fosters that will do the same...
View Quote
This. Not like she had much of a future. Hopefully the kids will make it through this.
Link Posted: 10/11/2017 4:59:21 PM EDT
[#15]
Dam...it's sad all the way around.  Wonder if he was failing and just taking them deeper in the hole or what happened.
Link Posted: 10/11/2017 8:22:14 PM EDT
[#16]
This all happened in my brother in laws house!
Link Posted: 10/11/2017 10:37:38 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
This all happened in my brother in laws house!
View Quote

Dang. I don't know what to say. Any additional info?
Link Posted: 10/11/2017 11:24:28 PM EDT
[#18]

LOL...that pic is about right.
    Link Posted: 10/12/2017 12:16:17 AM EDT
    [#19]
    My brother in law has been leasing his house out as he's been out of state working for a few years now. Apparently there were more people in the house than were supposed to be...  

Not only was somebody murdered in the house, they said it was a wreck.  Needless to say they won't be moving back in.
    Link Posted: 10/12/2017 2:34:43 PM EDT
    [#20]
    Quoted:
    My brother in law has been leasing his house out as he's been out of state working for a few years now. Apparently there were more people in the house than were supposed to be...  

Not only was somebody murdered in the house, they said it was a wreck.  Needless to say they won't be moving back in.
    View Quote
    I guess not, most of the adults are dead...  Unless they haunt your Bros. pad... 

Sounds like some major level shenanigans were going on there....   Hope they didn't trash it out too bad... I've got a buddy that has about 14 or 15 rentals and I've heard stories...
    Link Posted: 10/14/2017 8:37:00 AM EDT
    [#21]
    Quoted:

View Quote
    That sucks for the BIL.....I'm sure that house will be a tough sell :/
    Link Posted: 10/14/2017 6:42:17 PM EDT
    [#22]
    Quoted:

That sucks for the BIL.....I'm sure that house will be a tough sell :/
    View Quote
    Surprisingly in Missouri, you do not have to disclose potential "social stigmas" like a murder, suicide, child molesters nearby, etc.  It's up to the buyer and buyers agent to find that info.  The only thing that's similar that you have to disclose is a meth lab, as it's a health hazard.  Airplane noise is another one, in certain areas.

There have been cases where buyers have sued after the deal is done, claiming they overpaid, but it's not like the "stigma" happened after they made the offer.
    Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
    Top Top