Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Site Notices
9/22/2017 12:11:25 AM
Posted: 12/6/2005 4:09:00 PM EDT
Anyone fish? I'm going to hit the Clackamas until I get some. Probably the lower Clack around Gladstone (Clackamette Pk/Park Place). I like to go mornings on weekends for a few hours, if anyone's interested in joining me.... I haven't got anything yet but it's been early in the season.
Link Posted: 12/6/2005 4:40:10 PM EDT
I've mainly done some salmon fising off the oregon coast and up in Alaska.
what would I need for the headers? camo I hear? stealth and funky breath?

I still have a good license. I have some gear. I need to see if I have some time.
Link Posted: 12/6/2005 4:52:22 PM EDT
Link Posted: 12/6/2005 7:11:14 PM EDT
One of these days I'm gonna have to buy a fishing pole......I'm only 1.5 miles up the street from there.......
Link Posted: 12/6/2005 7:38:20 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 12/6/2005 9:07:22 PM EDT by BILLBO]
i might be up for joining you i've be itching to go do some fishing hav'nt punched my tag this yr but i might be able to sneek out for a couple hrs . on Sat ? Will i be looking for a big Indian Chief?

will you be on the bank or in a boat ? btw i have a boat just need my stinkin boaters license

I hooked my biggest salmon ever at high rocks must have been at least a 40 pounder.

Link Posted: 12/7/2005 8:28:36 AM EDT
I'll be there at first light, 7-ish on Saturday. I fish the bank and will be there around 3 hours. If you take the Park Place ext, go towards the river and park in the small lot on the left. Walk down the path (down river) and you'll see a dirt trail in about 50' going down to the river, I'll be down there somewhere. I'll have on a white stocking cap with "Red Lodge Mountain" on the back (in red).

I'll be hitting this area for the next few months and usually have the same "beanie" on my head.

Link Posted: 12/7/2005 8:53:54 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 12/7/2005 9:03:34 AM EDT by BILLBO]
i dont think its called the park place exit any more but the mollala bevercreek exit but i know which one it it is . so you will be between Clackamette Pk and high rocks ?

near the utility bridge i take it ?

have you caught many fish there ? i heard its a good place but ive only caught trout there .will you have a net (just asking to see if i need to bring one)

also i only fished there during the summer so are waders recommended ?

also has any one fished the Necanicum i heard its a hot place in nov.

Link Posted: 12/7/2005 8:59:19 AM EDT
I usually fish the Alsea......Have had alot of luck there :)
Link Posted: 12/7/2005 10:23:04 AM EDT
No luck yet in this area. I like it however as I can walk out of my door and have my line in the water all in 20 minutes... Net and waders are a good idea.

Think of steelhead as large trout so in essence you've caught small steelhead there during the summer
Link Posted: 12/7/2005 10:28:59 AM EDT

Originally Posted By Unka-Boo:
One of these days I'm gonna have to buy a fishing pole......I'm only 1.5 miles up the street from there.......

If you have a tag come out, I've spare gear/poles...
Link Posted: 12/7/2005 10:49:01 AM EDT
Hey Unka-Boo tell Santa you want a steelhead rig for Christmas.

your gonna need one when little boo is old enough to hold a pole

2.75 yr old little bo outfished big bo last summer at rock creek reservoir all by herself all i did was bait
and cast it and remove the fishes from the hook and she wanted to do that all by herself as well . id bait and cast her line where she pointed to then hand her the pole then cast mine then the little voice would say daddy got one and i would say reel it in. oh thats a big one! (bigger than any i caught )

Link Posted: 12/7/2005 2:42:54 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 12/7/2005 2:43:05 PM EDT by PromptCritical]
My dad steelheads on the Deschutes. I never got into it. Not knocking it, just never really felt like doing it.
Link Posted: 12/7/2005 3:07:45 PM EDT
Link Posted: 12/7/2005 3:35:23 PM EDT
Bass and hushpuppies, mmmmmmmm.
Link Posted: 12/7/2005 5:56:16 PM EDT
sounds like a great idea to me
Link Posted: 12/7/2005 11:33:07 PM EDT
If any of you guys are in need of fly rods, flies. or other equipment, I can't speak highly enough about Stutzman Stove Shop in Lebanon. The owner, Gene Stutzman, is a hell of an angler and a real gun nut. He's been a family friend for years. He can definitely set you up for a successful trip or just shoot the shit with you if you stop by.
Link Posted: 12/8/2005 7:14:22 AM EDT
Looks like I won't make it this weekend, Sorry guys. I do however fish there often so if anyone ever sees me, please say hello (Red Lodge Mtn., stocking hat, white w/red)

I'll post here when I will be there, probably next sat or sun morning, early.
Link Posted: 12/8/2005 7:52:57 AM EDT
ah dad gum it, Next Sat i'll be at the expo gun show.

i still might make it out there this sat if i catch i big one i'll rub it in for sure.
Link Posted: 12/9/2005 2:02:56 PM EDT
I may be able to make this Sunday morning...
Link Posted: 12/11/2005 5:13:55 PM EDT
Went today, late this morning until early afternoon. Tried everything from corkies to shrimp cocktail... skunked again. From my view, I could see about 10 others working the banks and didn't see any of them with any luck either I guess they'll start up when some rain comes

Well, when I got home I packed up a rifle and went shooting (TCGC)! Tried out a new 22 conversion I bought off the EE (M261). Liked it alright. Had some feed problems so I think I'll buy a few more mags for it (should the outfit I found on the net still have them) and see how that goes. I really had to adjust the sights as those 22lr are about 8 MOA below where I had it sighted for LC 855.
Link Posted: 12/12/2005 6:00:58 PM EDT

Originally Posted By munkalido:
Went today, late this morning until early afternoon. Tried everything from corkies to shrimp cocktail... skunked again. From my view, I could see about 10 others working the banks and didn't see any of them with any luck either I guess they'll start up when some rain comes

Well, when I got home I packed up a rifle and went shooting (TCGC)! Tried out a new 22 conversion I bought off the EE (M261). Liked it alright. Had some feed problems so I think I'll buy a few more mags for it (should the outfit I found on the net still have them) and see how that goes. I really had to adjust the sights as those 22lr are about 8 MOA below where I had it sighted for LC 855.

The Clack. will get better in Jan. Talk to me then Maybe we can hit the river.
Link Posted: 12/30/2005 4:52:31 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 12/30/2005 4:54:12 PM EDT by BILLBO]
hey lmk when your heading to the river again , looks like we need to wait for the rain to slow down
Top Top