Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 1/31/2006 2:35:49 PM EDT
Hey folks-I understand it is legal to shoot on state land (so long as there is an identifiable backstop and "No Shooting aren't posted). How does one go about finding the location of State land? Suppose call some govenment office.......Anyway, it may be great solution to DNR ranges. I always prefer to shoot  on someones property vs. shooting at a DNR range. I own mainly military rifles, and loading 6 rounds into a 30 round Mag, and then waiting 3 seconds between shots is pretty annoying. Lately, DNR or private range have been my only option. Anyway, let me know....thanks guys
Link Posted: 1/31/2006 2:45:33 PM EDT
[#1]
Buy one of those road atlas map books with all the counties in it.  The state land will be shaded green on the map.
Link Posted: 1/31/2006 3:03:23 PM EDT
[#2]
 I hear Ya.

I took my AKs and AR to DNR range on Sat. I never have been to a DNR range before(first time). When they said "6 in the clip and 3 seconds between shots", I knew that would be the last time at the DNR range. The Range commander even came out of his "Guard Tower" to inspect my weapons, It almost was like he was looking for something. It did not take long for me to get board. No rapid fire, bump fire, SCREW THAT RANGE!!!!!
Link Posted: 1/31/2006 3:34:31 PM EDT
[#3]
yeah, DNR ranges blow. My favorite part is always when I get distracted and load 7 rounds instead of 6 and before I know it I've got a guy on a loud speaker screaming at me. I think shooting military rifles makes me a bit suspect in the eyes of some DNR officers; the range I go to seems to attract mainly the bolt action hunter types.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top