Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login

Posted: 10/22/2013 7:18:17 PM EST
It's been awhile, but since I was back in the state last week I remembered seeing an ASP Trooper in blue BDUs on a traffic stop. Just curious if this is something recent that's been approved. Looks like hell.
Link Posted: 10/22/2013 7:44:44 PM EST
I don't know the protocols about when they can wear them, but ive seen them irregularly for years. Oddly, ive never worked with any troopers wearing them.
Link Posted: 10/23/2013 11:26:19 AM EST
They probably go hand in hand with their bullshit intimidation tactics they use over the phone to try to sell ads in their magazine/newsletter. Turn them down enough, you'll get a personal visit by the "scary" guy in BDUs.

Link Posted: 10/23/2013 2:20:01 PM EST
has to do with rainy weather... I think...
Link Posted: 10/23/2013 4:08:22 PM EST
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By Blueline279:
has to do with rainy weather... I think...
View Quote

It was a clear day, I believe.

Oh well. I just hope it doesn't become the norm. The boots and smokey covers look great. BDUs?
Link Posted: 10/23/2013 4:09:58 PM EST
Originally Posted By arkfroader:
They probably go hand in hand with their bullshit intimidation tactics they use over the phone to try to sell ads in their magazine/newsletter. Turn them down enough, you'll get a personal visit by the "scary" guy in BDUs.

View Quote

The guys that call about the ads are paid solicitors. I give them a quick FU, I am on the Federal "Do not call" list and I am reporting them.

If they persist, I have a referee whistle sitting by my phone.
Link Posted: 10/23/2013 4:19:02 PM EST
Originally Posted By stevec223:

I have a referee whistle sitting by my phone.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes

Link Posted: 10/23/2013 4:22:49 PM EST
Originally Posted By shooters101:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By shooters101:

Haha
Link Posted: 10/24/2013 5:57:32 AM EST
I could be wrong but...they used to wear them on the evening/ night shift...then they went back to their Class "A" all the time but that was a couple years ago when I still worked "the Street"....
Link Posted: 10/24/2013 9:57:12 AM EST
Originally Posted By VuduLou:
I could be wrong but...they used to wear them on the evening/ night shift...then they went back to their Class "A" all the time but that was a couple years ago when I still worked "the Street"....
View Quote

That would make sense; it was a couple years ago when I saw it. Thanks for clearing up this sleep-sapping quandry, guys!
Link Posted: 10/24/2013 10:02:10 AM EST
I just passed one in bdus and a shoulder holster for his Taser. Next time I work with one ill ask.
Link Posted: 10/28/2013 11:43:22 AM EST
Originally Posted By Dan_Gray:
I just passed one in bdus and a shoulder holster for his Taser. Next time I work with one ill ask.
View Quote

No shit? A Tazer in a shoulder holster...was he real skinny? I ask because being thin myself I barely got my keepers on with all that stuff that had to go on my Batman belt....
Link Posted: 10/28/2013 12:42:14 PM EST
Older guy, kinda big. He had very little on his bat belt. I figure he was trying to save the remains of his spine.
Top Top