Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 9/20/2005 7:34:04 AM EDT
Hey guys,

Since Plano schools are off this Friday, I'm heading to the State Fair with the family.

Does anyone know if there have been any changes in the CHL procedure ?

I assume that it's still OK and that you basically find a cop at the gate to OK you to bypass the metal detectors.

Anyone heard anything different? It's been a couple of years since I've been.

Thanks

Ed
Link Posted: 9/20/2005 10:04:34 AM EDT
[#1]
Damn, the fair is already starting?
Link Posted: 9/20/2005 10:52:02 AM EDT
[#2]
No CHL at the Fair. The signs are posted at the gates and I think they were doing pat downs last year also. Couldn't find the topic in the archives but I think we had a pretty good discussion about this last year.
Link Posted: 9/20/2005 10:56:03 AM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
No CHL at the Fair. The signs are posted at the gates and I think they were doing pat downs last year also. Couldn't find the topic in the archives but I think we had a pretty good discussion about this last year.

archive.ar15.com/forums/topic.html?b=8&f=8&t=186403
Link Posted: 9/20/2005 11:36:17 AM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:

Since the city owns the park, they should no longer be able to post 30.06 signs as per the law a year or so ago that says city goverments can supercede state laws regarding CHLs.

But then again the city of Dallas owns American Airlines Center but somehow manage to get around the law there by saying that they are renting it out to others or some other such BS.

Wish I wasn't going with the family and I'd make sure to put up a propper fus about it. To bad they don't have anything official on the state fair web site.

I may just have to be the guinea pig this year....

Ed
Link Posted: 9/20/2005 11:51:52 AM EDT
[#5]
I believe that one should be able to carry unless your going to do some drinking, or they (fair officials) state that more than 51%of the income is from alcohol.
Link Posted: 9/20/2005 12:27:04 PM EDT
[#6]
 Actually,  the City of Dallas doesn't own Fair Park but owns the structures located within Fair Park.  But, I haven't seen any changes that would not allow you to legally carry.

Here's a link to a thread, a friend of mine went to the Fair a while ago and was allowed entry without much, if any, hassle.

www.tdsa.net/cgi-bin/ikonboard.cgi?s=adfc2a53909b898017cd231ca7e28e26;act=ST;f=8;t=69;hl=fair

mm

Edited to add more good news from TSRA www.tsra.com/CHL_TXSTFair.htm
Link Posted: 9/20/2005 1:07:14 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
No CHL at the Fair.

Yes there is.  Tell em at the gate, they'll call a cop over to check your CHL and in you go.  
Link Posted: 9/20/2005 1:12:10 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

Quoted:
No CHL at the Fair.

Yes there is.  Tell em at the gate, they'll call a cop over to check your CHL and in you go.  

txinvestigator is right, I've carried at the fair the last two years.  

TexasEd, the fair doesn't start until September 30th.
Link Posted: 9/20/2005 1:23:35 PM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 9/20/2005 1:33:49 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:
No CHL at the Fair.

TexasEd wants to be the First one to get in this year, so he starts early. You know, bragging rights....

Just as long as he leaves some corny dogs for the rest of us!
Link Posted: 9/20/2005 5:38:44 PM EDT
[#11]
Doh!

My experience from an e-mail sent to them about three years ago and was told no. Laws have changed since.  My archive foo is weak too. I stand corrected.

The memory is the first to go.
Link Posted: 9/20/2005 5:53:50 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:
Doh!

My experience from an e-mail sent to them about three years ago and was told no. Laws have changed since.  My archive foo is weak too. I stand corrected.

The memory is the first to go.

Just be prepared to wait for the security supervisor to get to your gate to check you in.   I probably waited about 10 minutes each time I carried at the fair.  Be advised, their policy has been to write down the names and other information about the folks who carry into the fair.
Link Posted: 9/20/2005 6:15:15 PM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:
No CHL at the Fair.

DOH! I swear my wife dyes her hair blond, but sometimes I think she must have finally gotten down to the roots! That's the first thing she told me this week was to get ready for the fair on Friday since the schools are out.

Maybe I should tell her that I can't get off work and will need to meet her there! Ha!

BTW, This weekend is the Market Hall show right
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top