Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 5/31/2008 11:50:59 AM EDT
I'm sure this has been covered a zillion times, but I couldn't find anything via the search function.  I'll be taking my DemonSpawn to the State Fair this year to see a concert, and was wondering if they ban guns. Anyone in the know? Do they allow them on the grounds?  Ban them from the grandstand? Feedback is appreciated.....
Link Posted: 5/31/2008 1:33:00 PM EDT
[#1]
As far as I know  you can carry there( I plan on it when I take the kid this year)
don't know bout the grand stand but would think it would be any diffrent
Link Posted: 5/31/2008 1:57:18 PM EDT
[#2]
State Owned, so they can't post. The midway after sunset is certainly someplace to avoid, regardless of if you are heavy or not.

That doesn't mean that they won't post, as they have in years past, but their signs carry no weight.
Link Posted: 5/31/2008 2:36:32 PM EDT
[#3]
height=8
Quoted:
State Owned, so they can't post. The midway after sunset is certainly someplace to avoid, regardless of if you are heavy or not.

That doesn't mean that they won't post, as they have in years past, but their signs carry no weight.

+1

Confirmed.  I just went thru my CCW class today and this topic was addressed specifically.
Link Posted: 5/31/2008 7:22:18 PM EDT
[#4]
Excellent!  Thanks for the information.
Link Posted: 5/31/2008 7:37:30 PM EDT
[#5]
Yup, they post "No Guns" - but I carry anyway.  Their signs have no legal weight.
Link Posted: 6/1/2008 12:05:55 PM EDT
[#6]
Sidenote: Just because they aren't allowed to ban your CCW doesn't mean they won't try to enforce their wishes. If asked to leave, do so. (Unless you have a lot of extra cash for legal defense (which you should anyways.))
Link Posted: 6/1/2008 4:49:22 PM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 6/1/2008 5:17:26 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
They DO post the fair grounds saying you can't carry...

Do or don't... it is irrelevant. Any state entity cannot post legally. I would carry discreetly, an leave immediatly if asked, but carry at the state fair is 100% within the bounds of the law.

Additionally, if the State Fair could post, the signs apply to entrances to buildings, and not to fenced in areas. They would only be able to post the entreance to every single building in the complex, and could do nothing about the roads and sidewalks.

Even further additionally, I was at the fairgrounds recently and saw no signs on the two entrances to the fairgrounds that I used. It is very possibly that they only put them up for the great Minnesota get together, but I doubt it.

MN Statue 624.714:
Subd. 23. Exclusivity. This section sets forth the complete and exclusive criteria and
procedures for the issuance of permits to carry and establishes their nature and scope. No sheriff,
police chief, governmental unit, government official, government employee, or other person or
body acting under color of law or governmental authority may change, modify, or supplement
these criteria or procedures, or limit the exercise of a permit to carry.

ETA: Some of the gov't places that can prevent you: Courtrooms, k-12 school buildings.
Link Posted: 6/1/2008 6:53:06 PM EDT
[#9]
All the better reason to avoid OPEN CARRY!
Link Posted: 6/2/2008 9:16:41 AM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:
I'm sure this has been covered a zillion times, but I couldn't find anything via the search function.  I'll be taking my DemonSpawn to the State Fair this year to see a concert, and was wondering if they ban guns. Anyone in the know? Do they allow them on the grounds?  Ban them from the grandstand? Feedback is appreciated.....

You gotta be the first guy that I've heard refer to his children as "demonspawn". It makes a guy think pretty weird things about you.
Link Posted: 6/2/2008 9:44:57 AM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:
You gotta be the first guy that I've heard refer to his children as "demonspawn". It makes a guy think pretty weird things about you.

I figured he was talking about his wife/gf/SO.
Link Posted: 6/5/2008 3:08:54 PM EDT
[#12]
I have daughters aged 21, 19, and two step-daughters aged 13 and 15 - believe me, once hormones kick in, you experience a life that you thought was reserved for sit-coms!  Drama ALL the time.

As for people thinking I'm weird - I've worked in policing and corrections for 25 years, so I AM weird.  Bwahahahahahaha!
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top