Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Page Hometown » Ohio
Site Notices
10/20/2017 1:01:18 AM
9/22/2017 12:11:25 AM
Posted: 8/18/2005 4:45:18 PM EDT
Like the topic states I'm looking for information on starting a corporation so that I can partake of NFA goodness, Mainly SBR's and Suppressors. So where should I start? Thanks guys.
Link Posted: 8/18/2005 5:11:14 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 8/19/2005 6:24:01 PM EDT by Scooter308]
Follow the link State of Ohio Business Link

If you need a dealer in the Toledo area drop me an email Scott@Cousinos-Firearms.com I am a full service FFL/SOT and on file with most of the major suppressor mfgs.

You can set up the LLC online at the link above.

Any questions shoot me an email or post here.

Link Posted: 8/18/2005 5:25:58 PM EDT
I'd suggest starting here:

Ultimately, should you succeed in your quest, you'll be getting to know them, and they you, quite well.
Link Posted: 8/19/2005 4:33:55 AM EDT
If all you want to do is start up a corporation to own NFA items and facilitate paperwork, a single member LLC is the way to go. $125 one time startup costs, and most banks offer free small business checking.

A single member LLC is a corporation for all purposes except income taxes. It is a disregarded entity for income tax purposes, and is taxed as a sole proprietorship. The only annual filing requirements is a Schedule C attached to your personal income tax return. It can have all zeros on it if all you do is buy some toys and not really conduct anyy revenue generating activities.

No annual taxes, simple tax paperwork, and simplified BATFE paperwork.
Link Posted: 8/29/2005 8:49:30 AM EDT
Thanks very much, I'll check it out.
Link Posted: 8/31/2005 6:03:36 PM EDT
Yep, CZJeff is right!

Get the needed form from Ken Blackwell on his website" "Ohio Secretary of State."

G-luck, mate!
Link Posted: 8/31/2005 8:53:49 PM EDT
Link Posted: 9/1/2005 4:08:55 PM EDT
I've also been thinking about this.
Page Hometown » Ohio
Top Top