Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 11/15/2012 12:52:23 PM EDT

"The task force commissioned by Gov. Rick Scott to review the "stand your ground" law prepared its final report Tuesday, indicating that the law is mostly fine as it is."

Link Posted: 11/15/2012 3:51:47 PM EDT
[#1]
"I think it's really going to take an uprising by the people of Florida."

Careful what you wish for, sparky.
Link Posted: 11/15/2012 4:34:54 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
"I think it's really going to take an uprising by the people of Florida."

Careful what you wish for, sparky.

Thats what I was thinking !  
Link Posted: 11/15/2012 5:21:33 PM EDT
[#3]
Think about what the antis are saying; " the committee wasn't sufficiently biased against the law from the onset,  so the resultant report  of the committee is  not valid".

I'm tired of all the bullshit,
Link Posted: 11/15/2012 5:46:11 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
Think about what the antis are saying; " the committee wasn't sufficiently biased against the law from the onset,  so the resultant report  of the committee is  not valid".

I think I've actually managed to completely tune it out.
Link Posted: 11/16/2012 3:05:36 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
Quoted:

I think I've actually managed to completely tune it out.

I've gotten pretty good at it too, since the election anyway.  I'll reengage after the holidays.
Link Posted: 11/16/2012 2:33:44 PM EDT
[#6]
Ever since the election I've given up watching TV news, and talk shows.  My conservative position will never change, and I'm just sick and tired of hearing "experts" tell us why everything is the way it is, when it's obvious they don't know shit.  Liberals will be the downfall of what was once the greatest country in the world.  I predict a slow spiral downward, but would rather just get it over with quick, and restart all over sooner rather than later.
Link Posted: 11/18/2012 10:32:08 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Ever since the election I've given up watching TV news, and talk shows.  My conservative position will never change, and I'm just sick and tired of hearing "experts" tell us why everything is the way it is, when it's obvious they don't know shit.  Liberals will be the downfall of what was once the greatest country in the world.  I predict a slow spiral downward, but would rather just get it over with quick, and restart all over sooner rather than later.

I'm on the same page as you brother.
Link Posted: 11/18/2012 7:25:30 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Quoted:

I'm on the same page as you brother.

Werd
Link Posted: 11/19/2012 5:51:11 AM EDT
[#9]
Intesting to see the venues of some of the SYG task force meetings.  They even held one at Edward Waters College in down town Jax.  When you go to the home turf of those most oppsed to the issue, you give away some advantages.

We as gun owners are in for rough times in Florida.  The make up of those in power is changing.  Pam Bondi, the AG, while saying she is pro gun, is not.  There have been some important changes in the legislature as well, with the recent election.  Anti gun  legislators, both men and women, "conservative' as well as democrats, now in powerful positions can , and will block efforts to keep our gun rights.

We have had many years of good pro gun things happening in Tallahassee.  That is changing.
Link Posted: 11/19/2012 8:05:43 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

Amen, brother! Since the election, if I'm watching tv, I've been mainly watching hunting shows or college football.

I don't think it will be that slow of a spiral...
Link Posted: 11/20/2012 4:18:54 AM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:

Intesting to see the venues of some of the SYG task force meetings. They even held one at Edward Waters College in down town Jax. When you go to the home turf of those most oppsed to the issue, you give away some advantages.

We as gun owners are in for rough times in Florida. The make up of those in power is changing. Pam Bondi, the AG, while saying she is pro gun, is not. There have been some important changes in the legislature as well, with the recent election. Anti gun legislators, both men and women, "conservative' as well as democrats, now in powerful positions can , and will block efforts to keep our gun rights.

We have had many years of good pro gun things happening in Tallahassee. That is changing.

And yet the panel recommended essentially nothing. That's significant.
Link Posted: 11/20/2012 4:09:36 PM EDT
[#12]
yes, it is significant that virtually no important changes were suggested.

Still,  with the changes in the legislature,  pro gun measures won't slide through like they used to, and despite the intentions and recommendations of the commission, the legislature can do as it wants when crafting any changes to Stand Your Ground.
Link Posted: 11/20/2012 5:53:45 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
yes, it is significant that virtually no important changes were suggested.

Still,  with the changes in the legislature,  pro gun measures won't slide through like they used to, and despite the intentions and recommendations of the commission, the legislature can do as it wants when crafting any changes to Stand Your Ground.

<removed>

Yeah, I thought better of saying something...
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top