Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 9/17/2009 11:54:05 PM EDT
So I've tried several rib joints here in St. Louis. Almost every day when people at my work ask me where they can get good ribs I tell them Kansas City, but no more. Ropers Ribs in north county (it's in the ghetto) has some damn good ribs. I wouldn't say they were the best I've had, but I'd definitely say they were every bit as good as most of the places I've had ribs in KC.
Link Posted: 9/18/2009 1:30:40 AM EDT
[#1]
For non-ghetto ribs I've never heard a complaint about Super Smokers;

http://www.supersmokers.com/
Link Posted: 9/18/2009 6:38:14 AM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
So I've tried several rib joints here in St. Louis. Almost every day when people at my work ask me where they can get good ribs I tell them Kansas City, but no more. Ropers Ribs in north county (it's in the ghetto) has some damn good ribs. I wouldn't say they were the best I've had, but I'd definitely say they were every bit as good as most of the places I've had ribs in KC.

Then you haven't had ribs at Oklahoma Joes BBQ His former BBQ team, Slaughterhouse Five won competition after competition!

PursuitSS
Link Posted: 9/18/2009 6:48:04 AM EDT
[#3]
There are two good spots in West county I've found.  One is Richards RIbs, it's on the NW side of the Big Bend/Lindbergh intersection in Kirkwood.  Little hole in the wall (all the best BBQ places are), good prices too.  The other spot is Barneys BBQ in Ellisville.  It's on the North side of Manchester, about 1 mile West of Clarkson.  They keep weird hours though.  Barneys is nice on evening like we've had lately, they have lots of outside seating.

What were you doing up in North County,  need a crack fix?
Link Posted: 9/18/2009 7:09:40 AM EDT
[#4]
Pappy's in downtown sucks.

They crowned themselves best BBQ in STL by paying to be on Travel Channel's Top Ten BBQ and Man vs. Food.

Link Posted: 9/18/2009 8:25:46 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Then you haven't had ribs at Oklahoma Joes BBQ His former BBQ team, Slaughterhouse Five won competition after competition!

PursuitSS

I can't argue that. That is one of 2 places I haven't been that I wanted to try in KC.
Link Posted: 9/18/2009 8:48:05 AM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 9/18/2009 9:34:57 PM EDT
[#7]
Now I'm hungry again.
Link Posted: 9/19/2009 6:49:32 AM EDT
[#8]
There's a little stand up around I-70 on Bermuda that has some kickass BBQ.  I'll have to try this place out sometime though.
Link Posted: 9/19/2009 7:36:37 AM EDT
[#9]
they dont deliver to Fl. I will pay for good food!!!!!!!!!!
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top