Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 10/8/2007 4:35:15 PM EDT
Hey all. Me an my fiancee are thinking about buying a home here in St Augustine in a couple years when I get out. Anybody able to give me the lowdown on the area on things that are not easily seen when just hanging around here - my fiancee is staying here to attend Flagler, and is gonna be here till I get out of the Army and move over here.

On the upside, went to the range today to try out my new FS2000, met a just seperated fellow MP, and some air force national guard guys...seems like plenty of good folks around here. Gonna be a nice change to be escaping Cali for good. (If I have to deal with one more liberal fucktard around my AO in cali...I swear to god...)

Anyways thanks guys!
Link Posted: 10/10/2007 5:18:53 AM EDT
[#1]
Anybody able to offer any advice?
Link Posted: 10/10/2007 5:54:35 AM EDT
[#2]
Used to be there wasn't much out there.  Now it's becoming the hip new place to buy a home.  Home prices aren't really cheaper then the surrounding area, but you get a bit more home for your money.  It's becoming a commuter county to Jacksonville.  Public schools are decent, too.
Link Posted: 10/11/2007 6:44:50 AM EDT
[#3]
I like St. John's county. I live near Julington Creek so not too far from Jax. The taxes are way better than Duval. That plus good schools seems to bring people here.

There is massive construction everywhere but Nocatee is huge.  It's big county so it depends on if you want to be near Jax or St. Augustine on where you buy.
Link Posted: 10/11/2007 7:57:57 AM EDT
[#4]
I own a house in northern St. Johns County right off 210. Although there's a ton of construction going on along that road, it's not a bad place to look for a house. Plus, depending on where you live on 210, you'll only be about 15 minutes away from the FOP range'd current location. And it's kind of easier getting to Bradford going the back way.
Link Posted: 10/11/2007 1:59:52 PM EDT
[#5]
 Here is something to look forward to in that part of Florida....Botter Shoot
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top