Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login

Posted: 1/19/2013 12:42:54 AM EDT
Who all is going to brave the lines?
Link Posted: 1/19/2013 3:42:25 AM EDT
I think I'll drive up this morning, and look around, kill some time anyway.
Link Posted: 1/19/2013 3:54:43 AM EDT
Getting ready to pick up some folks and head that way. It should ne entertaining.
Link Posted: 1/19/2013 5:09:58 AM EDT
Originally Posted By HunterRose13:
Getting ready to pick up some folks and head that way. It should ne entertaining.

The line is full retard
Link Posted: 1/19/2013 5:39:29 AM EDT
Originally Posted By JohnnyCarcinogen:
Originally Posted By HunterRose13:

The line is full retard

That it is. Lots of sellers out front, but I haven't seen much cash changing hands.

This will be entertaining.
Link Posted: 1/19/2013 11:14:35 AM EDT
A friend of mine drove by on the way to the range this morning and said the lot was packed and the line looked like it was half a mile long. Thought about taking my 16" BCM middy up there and asking an outlandish price to see if anyone would buy it. Compared to the crap being hustled on Armslist I should be able to get $3000.00 out of it But four hours at the range wore me out this morning.
Link Posted: 1/19/2013 11:46:03 AM EDT
Reaperatm will be at a table there.
Link Posted: 1/19/2013 11:48:04 AM EDT
Buddy called and left me a VM advising he was stuck in traffic for 30 minutes up on North 13. That was at 9:10am. Haven't heard back from him since. Poor guy is probably a goner.
Link Posted: 1/19/2013 11:53:37 AM EDT
Im not there but glk34, sleepr and reaperatm are giving me updates and intel.

Glk34 sold out of glock mags instantly 33rd kci for 55 i think and G17 in wrapper for 75.

Sleepr sold a walther pps and stripped lower for 1k combined.

I sold a nice upper no bcg, used condition but good parts for 550. Sold in under 30 min.

Reaperatm is selling ar mags at 20/each. USGI said he's sold several but not as much as expected.

Many ar's on table for 1500+ but hard to tell if they're moving. All in all,, stuff is dying down. If you wanna profit sell now or after a ban happens. Looks like the panic buying is drawing to a close with the primary exception of glock mags. Sleepr claims more are interested in uppers than his lower.
Link Posted: 1/19/2013 2:15:59 PM EDT
It would be nice if the panic buying ended. Tax time is around the corner and I doubt anything will be in stock. I hate having gun money and nothing to spend it on. Oh well, good time to buy another suppressor I guess.
Link Posted: 1/19/2013 2:46:32 PM EDT
Originally Posted By wheelchairman:
Im not there but glk34, sleepr and reaperatm are giving me updates and intel.

Glk34 sold out of glock mags instantly 33rd kci for 55 i think and G17 in wrapper for 75.

Sleepr sold a walther pps and stripped lower for 1k combined.

I sold a nice upper no bcg, used condition but good parts for 550. Sold in under 30 min.

Reaperatm is selling ar mags at 20/each. USGI said he's sold several but not as much as expected.

Many ar's on table for 1500+ but hard to tell if they're moving. All in all,, stuff is dying down. If you wanna profit sell now or after a ban happens. Looks like the panic buying is drawing to a close with the primary exception of glock mags. Sleepr claims more are interested in uppers than his lower.

I was there early this morning, like almost 2 hrs early and the line was already going pretty good. The show itself was disappointing. Lots of vendors with limited inventory. And quite a few empty tables altogether like the vendors didn't even setup.

The AR s that I saw for sale were still crazy high and didn't seem to be moving. I took in a bnib Wasr 10 and couldn't sell it for $1000. So I definitely think things are dying down.

Oh but ammo and reloading stuff was still brisk.
Link Posted: 1/19/2013 3:57:07 PM EDT
It was packed if nothing else. I took a shotty with me, I didn't think I priced it panic price (just a tad high), but just a few nibbles. Ah, well good way to kill a Saturday even if I didn't find anything I wanted.
Link Posted: 1/19/2013 5:05:38 PM EDT
I enjoy hangin with buddies behind the table more than I do walking around. Me and reaper walked around one set of tables said screw it and headed back. The amount of people there was crazy.
Link Posted: 1/19/2013 5:21:15 PM EDT
All I want is one 20 round straight body Ar15/m16 USGI mag. I can walk to the gun show from where I live but I didnt today. My father told me it was packed and I am sure it was well picked over. I dont think I missed anything when I slept this morning either.
Link Posted: 1/19/2013 5:35:49 PM EDT
I got there early. Already 2 long lines. One line back to St. Louis and the other line reached to Joplin. Inside it was butts to nuts all day long. Crazy insane prices. Even the jerkey was overpriced.
Link Posted: 1/19/2013 6:17:15 PM EDT
I went. It was stupid. I forgot that gun shows are already overpriced then add in panic pricing and it is full retard.
Link Posted: 1/19/2013 6:24:51 PM EDT
Originally Posted By cb69:
I went. It was stupid. I forgot that gun shows are already overpriced then add in panic pricing and it is full retard.

yeah I figured I didnt miss a thing...

Link Posted: 1/19/2013 7:46:32 PM EDT
made it there right as they opened today and found a private seller with 9mmm ammo. Walked out with 550 rounds of winchester for 275
Link Posted: 1/19/2013 8:03:44 PM EDT
The line to get in started before 7AM. There were some early, motivated, buyers for the first few hours of the show for sure.
Link Posted: 1/19/2013 8:07:22 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 1/19/2013 8:07:52 PM EDT by Tulcat]
double tap
Link Posted: 1/19/2013 9:43:57 PM EDT
I ended up selling 4 lowers altogether. 340rds of wolf wpa, and my beloved walther pps40.

Scored a kac ras and MPC marked bolt .... For 125... It pays to make friends. I started talking him down, and he offered lower... I didn't know what to do.
All indications thus far point to it being a colt bolt. Marked MPC on one line.

Ammo prices were stupid. Everything ban worthy had hefty price tags on it.

Also, in case anyone didn't know about some of these MOHTF guys, they are AWESOME, at least every one I've met so far have been generous and friendly.

And in a last word, if you don have the Square Card Reader and app (free ish at best buy) I'd highly recommend it. I was able to facilitate two sales for reaper and josh with it, as well as sell a lower with it. Otherwise would have been lost sales. Of course the lower that sold in 30 min couldn't be sold because the app didn't like cabelas cards... Disheartening to say the least.

Link Posted: 1/20/2013 4:24:56 AM EDT
A friend and I showed up a 8, stood around in line, went in, got the ammo we wanted for prices that didn't hurt, and were about ready to leave, when I came across a M39. Wouldn't you know it, that sumbitch followed me home.
Link Posted: 1/20/2013 10:07:26 AM EDT
I just got back from there plenty of over priced Ar15s and some reasonably priced. Worst price gouging on mags ive ever seen at a gun show. I had enough room to park and I got what I wanted then left. Still plenty of evil semiauto weapons and mags over 30 rounds to acquire. However ammo and reloading slim pickings for sure! Worst buyers market I've ever seen at a gun show thats for sure.
Link Posted: 1/20/2013 2:50:27 PM EDT
Originally Posted By Predator_CAR15:
I just got back from there plenty of over priced Ar15s and some reasonably priced. Worst price gouging on mags ive ever seen at a gun show. I had enough room to park and I got what I wanted then left. Still plenty of evil semiauto weapons and mags over 30 rounds to acquire. However ammo and reloading slim pickings for sure! Worst buyers market I've ever seen at a gun show thats for sure.

What he said!
I went specifically looking for reloading components and found next to nothing...guess the early bird gets the worm and all that.
Prices on mags and ARs were out of control...$50 plus for a glock mag, really?
Link Posted: 1/20/2013 3:24:40 PM EDT
I don't know why anyone looking to buy would go to a show right now. I guess some people haven't been paying attention. Sure is nice to sell complete lowers for as much as I have in some rifles though!
Link Posted: 1/20/2013 7:24:41 PM EDT
Just got back home. All and all it wasn't a bad a show for us, sold almost 100 mags ($20 a piece or buy 4 and get 1 free) I think the other dealers hated me since they were all asking a lot more. I bought a few things and traded a few things. Deals were there if you looked hard enough and had cash. Over 7,500 people reportedly there on Saturday. I think a lot of people were there to look, or just didn't have cash to buy what they wanted. Ammo was the hottest seller, we were next to one of the big ammo vendors and his pallets were nearly empty by noon on Saturday....crazy.

Overall prices seem to be starting to come down.
Link Posted: 1/21/2013 9:49:59 AM EDT
After I heard that 525rnd bricks of .22lr were going for $80+, and .223 was going for $1 a round....I'm glad I didn't go and waste my time.

Link Posted: 1/22/2013 8:06:34 AM EDT
Was it really $20 bucks to get in?
Link Posted: 1/22/2013 8:09:56 AM EDT
Glad I didn't brave it...went to the LGS and picked up my wife's new Walther instead
Link Posted: 1/22/2013 12:30:43 PM EDT
Originally Posted By BigHunt:
Was it really $20 bucks to get in?

Nope, $10

Top Top